Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

All the world's a kabob truck.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How Would You Spend Sarah Palin's Wardrobe Budget?  (Read 931 times)
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« on: Nov 01, 2008 02:29 PM »

As salaamu alaikum

We've all heard how much Sarah Palin has spent and her wardrobe (and accessories) in her VP bid.  There's an interactive site that shows how the money that was spent on just a handful of things could have been better spent.  Go to:   http://www.dresslikepalin.com/    to have a look.   In addition the site is asking people to comment on how they would spend the money.

There are so many things that the money could better be spent on.  How would you spend it? 

For me I would much rather spend part of it to pay off my modest house.  This would still leave enough for me to go to law school and make hajj (and probably take someone else with me that might otherwise never be able to afford to go) and make a side trip to visit relatives that live abroad.  And since I know how to budget (even if I don't like it) I would be able to pay for my eldest daughter's last year of college or help with graduate school and set aside money to help pay for my younger two's college education (still have 5 years before the middle child will be ready and then the younger will be ready when she's done).  These are just my priority things; somewhere in the mix I'd of course give to charity as there are so many in need and they don't require much (by Western standards) to improve their lives and would be more appreciative of/make better use of even a small amount of money. And as much as I like shopping and having new clothes Sarah's choices are not only over-priced but they are ugly too.

As salaamu alaikum

Fa'izah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: