Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Story of Stuff  (Read 2060 times)
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« on: Jan 09, 2008 02:38 AM »

Asalaamu alaikum,

This is an informative short 20 minute film on where our stuff comes from and where it goes.  Its interesting, check it out.

http://storyofstuff.com/
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2008 01:32 AM »

wsalaam,

very interesting!!!, just watched it. everyone should watch it, quite disgusting how consumeristic we are  oldshaykh

Check out entertaining yet profound cartoon documentary "The Story of Stuff", which lays out the ugly realities of  our misbegotten love affair with consumption and its parasitic relationship with the rest of the world.

It points out many of the fundamental and inescapable problems built into American lifestyle patterns and the myths used to rationalize them for the sake of Big Business profits. There's nothing "efficient" or "practical" about the way we live, or the way the world's resources are managed today under Neoliberalism. Quite to the contrary, it's a broken system promoted by dangerous idealists who impose onto the rest of us pie-in-the-sky ideologies that ignore scientific realities and and fraudulently universalize their own narrow, unsustainable interests.
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2008 02:04 AM »

Yeah we are extremely consumeristic!  i had to rethink my love for the dollar store and walmart  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: