Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Appreciate the small things now!  (Read 952 times)
nuh
« on: Nov 03, 2008 03:22 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I came across this video and found it moving:

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
Princess1983
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Princess1983 has no influence :(

Make duaa for those less fortunate than us.

« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2008 04:06 PM »

Salam Brother Nuh,

I've just watched the clip-it puts a lot into perspective when you see such footage.

My Nani Aami (Nan) passed away last year and it ripped my mum to pieces. I felt myself breaking as my mum was in pain and apart from praying for her to be at peace with that had happend I couldn't console her to the degree I wished I could.

I've only ever known the love of my mum and I know I'd struggle to live without her (and I'm a 25 year old married women). She's my everything-what I guess I cannot get my head around is those who don't hug their mothers and feel to keep their wives happy they must treat their mothers like second class citizens. Whatever happend to your partners parent being your parent?  Shocked

On a lighter note when I visit my family in Karachi I call mum everyday-even if I don't have much to say-I even went to uni near home as I couldn't leave mum on her own  Grin even though I have a slight nudge of a feeling mum wanted some peace and quiet but that wouldn't be much fun would it?!  Roll Eyes

My mums a diamond  flowersis as I'm guessing a lot of other members mums are.

Mums deserve medals-we and should like brother Nuh said be greatful for them and indeed every single thing they do for us.

May Allah reward our parents greatly for being such inspirational people who are great Muslim role models-Ameen!

Princess

Our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) wasn't just sent to guide us Muslims, he is a unique, true example to EVERYONE.
This life is only a test-passing will equal Jannah, Inshallah!
Oh Muslim brothers and sisters-consider sponsoring an Orphan if Allah has blessed you with the finances to do so-Ameen.
Faizah
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2008 02:22 AM »

As salaamu alaikum

I haven't looked at the clip but even without doing so I say "yes cherish every moment with your mother".  I miss mine every day and quite frankly get angry when my friends complain about theirs.  The only hurt that is deeper than losing one's mother is losing one's child.   My last words to her in life were 'I love you Mommy' and my first words to her in death were the same.  I think my world fell apart when I lost her and it would explain why I'm the way I am now.  Although it's been several years I still sometimes feel compelled to pick up the phone and call her - when there's something troubling me or when there's been some great news or just because I want to hear a familiar and caring voice but each time I catch myself and then just cry because she was truly my best friend.  Passing on may be a part of the life cycle but it doesn't make it any easier.

Well now I'm starting to cry again.

Wa salaam

Fa'izah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: