// Obama Win - A National Pride for Kenya!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you - Hasan al-Basri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Win - A National Pride for Kenya!  (Read 940 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Nov 05, 2008 05:56 AM »

Yes, he is an American.  But so what?   His father was from here and that is all that matters!  He might not even help Kenya but who cares?  His father was a Kenyan.

Kenyans are celebrating and the President declared tomorrow a National Holiday in lieu of Obama's win.

And for the record, I enjoyed and read every thread on the US elections that sis blackrose posted. 

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2008 07:33 AM »

assalamualaikum

how many people cried? 

so amazing; everybody was crying.

i've never seen anything like it and have never felt this about a politician in my life

assalamualaikum
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2008 07:35 AM »

salaam

have so much to post here, but will come bak later..
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2008 01:19 AM »

so mashAllah its really awesome that Kenya gets a national holiday. Even here in US we dont get a holiday and we didnt even get one to vote on election day. I heard things are going to change though.

Someone was joking how all the blue states should get off and the red states should get punished and not off lol.

I congratulate you sister Halima and and all the Kenyans also, after all you are right, his father was Kenyan. I hope that he is honored that Kenya is doing a national holiday as he should be.

I really appreciate the fact sister Halima that you appreciated my posts. After all it was not easy to get all the information (and took alot of time) since none of the candidates expressed the Muslim concerns directly. I had to dig up stuff that concerned Muslims and find out what the candidates really did beleive or vote for. My primary concern was to educate. AFter all we could not just take them for their word.
For example they both said that they were against torture but stuff John Mccain voted for showed that he was more for it, then against it. After the info was dug up.  There was also the issue about Pakistan. I mean not many people know Obama lived there for three weeks and hes had many pakistani friends. And since John Mccain wasnt very vocal on going to Pakistan without their permission in the debates.. I had to dig that up and found that both Palin and him do beleive that we need to go their whether they want us to or not.  Palin clearly said it in the interview.

I feel the same way Lucid. The thing about this election was that it was not only during the time Obama won everyone cried, it was also throughout his campaign because many of his speeches. I think many also cried when his grandmother died. That really scared me. I must be supersticious because I thought oh my gosh she died one day before election day, i thought its because she wont have to feel the pain of obama not winning! but alhumdulilah it just came across my mind once and i still had 'hope'

About election day, it was said on the radio that the country hasnt cried together like this since 9/11!
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2008 10:25 AM »

I really appreciate the fact sister Halima that you appreciated my posts. After all it was not easy to get all the information (and took alot of time) since none of the candidates expressed the Muslim concerns directly. I had to dig up stuff that concerned Muslims and find out what the candidates really did beleive or vote for. My primary concern was to educate. AFter all we could not just take them for their word.

Oh yeah!  They were definately educative.  For example, in one of your links to the hucthington post, I read what Colin Powell said when he decided to support Obama and why.  This led to the story on the grave yard highlighting the young Mulsim man who died in Iraq in the service of his country - USA!  If you hadn't posted that, I might have not read or seen it.  There are times one cannot surf the net or watch TV due to other committments hence miss important news like this one.  And that is what is best about the Madina.  You are certain to catch up with things you missed whenever you log in or browse.

For example they both said that they were against torture but stuff John Mccain voted for showed that he was more for it, then against it. After the info was dug up.  There was also the issue about Pakistan. I mean not many people know Obama lived there for three weeks and hes had many pakistani friends. And since John Mccain wasnt very vocal on going to Pakistan without their permission in the debates.. I had to dig that up and found that both Palin and him do beleive that we need to go their whether they want us to or not.  Palin clearly said it in the interview.

I didn't like McCain but Palin scared me even more and an American, I am not.  Her in the White House as possible President if anything were to happen to McCain was scarier not only to the Americans but the rest of the world.  His fatal mistake was to choose her as his running mate at a time when the Republican Party had become so unpopular!

The thing about this election was that it was not only during the time Obama won everyone cried, it was also throughout his campaign because many of his speeches.

I was impressed by his acceptance speech when he accepted the nomination for the Democratic Ticket Presdiential Race.  But what moved me more in is acceptance speech as President-Elect is what he said to the people who did not vote for him - .  And to those Americans whose support I have yet to earn, I may not have won your vote tonight, but I hear your voices. I need your help. And I will be your president, too..  The whole speech was beautiful.  And I cried when I saw Jesse Jackson crying!

I think many also cried when his grandmother died. That really scared me. I must be supersticious because I thought oh my gosh she died one day before election day, i thought its because she wont have to feel the pain of obama not winning! but alhumdulilah it just came across my mind once and i still had 'hope'

The superstition among people here is that his grandmother new that he was going to win and died knowing that as she died peacefully with the knowledge that her grandson is finally where he wanted to be.  That she knew that her work for him was finally done and she can go.  And that he would not have won had she lived.  Weird stuff!!!

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: