Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Sheikh Deedat Clip  (Read 3228 times)
nuh
« on: Nov 07, 2008 02:27 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Masha'Allah! I came across this today and it really perked me up!

Enjoy!

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2008 07:14 PM »

Hehe the poor guy sounded like he was confronting his headteacher!

Ahmed Deedat was so great, Rahimahullah.

Jzk for sharing.

Wassalam
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2008 12:21 AM »

Hmmm... what a bad dawah clip.

I am sure that Br. Deedat ended up giving it back to the boy. he was such a kind man.

Subhannah Allah I remember the day I was just like that young man- 20 years ago. I remember throwing the Bible down on the floor when all of a sudden the revelation came to me about it's inaccuracies. It was a compelling moment.

May Allah swt make Br. Deedat's grave spacious and grant him Jannah. Back in the eighties there was no way to get information on Islam.  Someone told me that if i wrote a letter to this man in Africa he would send me info. I did and a box of books, a video of a debate and a Qur'an was sent to me. 

I am still reading from this Qur'an today, Alhumdullilah.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
nuh
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2008 12:03 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Back in the eighties there was no way to get information on Islam.  Someone told me that if i wrote a letter to this man in Africa he would send me info. I did and a box of books, a video of a debate and a Qur'an was sent to me. 

I am still reading from this Qur'an today, Alhumdullilah.

Wow!

What a wonderful story.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2008 12:38 PM »

I love Sheikh Ahmed Deedat Allah Ya Arahmu and watch him constantly on Peace TV.  His Dawah has a way of making you take stock and laugh at the same time.  And the way he imparts the message of Islam is profound.

I read one of his books, fell in love with it and re-read it ten times!

But I must say that I miss the relevance of this clip as a Dawah tool.  What am I missing? 

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
nuh
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2008 01:34 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I didn't post this clip as a dawah tool. It was posted simply because I enjoyed it -- I also found it incredible that Deedat was able to position Christianity in such a way that he got evangelical christians to crack like this!

Subhan'Allah, what a gift.

nuh
 bro
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2008 02:55 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I didn't post this clip as a dawah tool. It was posted simply because I enjoyed it -- I also found it incredible that Deedat was able to position Christianity in such a way that he got evangelical christians to crack like this!

Subhan'Allah, what a gift.

nuh
 bro

Waa Alaikum Salaam Bro. nuh,

Sheikh Ahmed Deedat had a gift no doubt!  And I know that you did not post it as a Dawah tool yourself, but I would like to understand the clip itself and the message its trying to impart. 

As I have said earlier, I have seen and continue to see many of his lectures on Peace TV.  They are very inspiring Ma'sha-Allah. 

Shukran.

Halima

The Almighty Allah says,

a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2008 04:22 PM »

I am sure that Br. Deedat ended up giving it back to the boy. he was such a kind man.

I'm sure he did, he just had a great sense of humour  Grin

Sis. Halima, if you go to the video on Youtube, there is a link to the full discussion they had. Personally, I do agree with you, I think if they'd posted the whole video it would have been more fruitful - this clip if seen by itself by non-Muslims would most likely just offend them.

I do find it funny that after having one "enlightening" moment and renouncing the bible, he suddenly changes his mind and wants it back!

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2008 05:04 PM »

AS salaamu alaykum

As the boy said... his mother gave it to him- so there was the sentimental reasons too.
I still have my Bible and I am glad I did. There were several years after becoming Muslim i would refer back to it...especially after watching a 'Deedat' Debate!

Br. Deedat is a clear example to all of us of how sadaqa jariyah works. He never met me, never knew me- just provided some information about Islam.

As a result, by Allah swt mercy, I became a Muslim and have started a dawah center, a library and a school. The message goes on. I can't think of how many people and children have crossed my path and received the message he sent to me. Insha Allah, Allah swt will reward him for all of this. May Allah swt forgive me if i sound pompous- this is not my intention- just wanting to use an example from my life.

One person can do so much...even just by sending a Qur'an from Africa to over seas to a girl in upstate NY. It is never too late to give some sadaqa jariyah...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Halima
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2008 10:48 AM »

Sis. Halima, if you go to the video on Youtube, there is a link to the full discussion they had. Personally, I do agree with you, I think if they'd posted the whole video it would have been more fruitful - this clip if seen by itself by non-Muslims would most likely just offend them.

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose

My sentiments exactly!  Thank you sis a_desert_rose for noting that.  Will surely check the full clip, INSHA-ALLAH.

The Almighty Allah says,

shaa-ista
Sis

shaa-ista has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2008 11:28 AM »

When I was about 10 years old on holiday with my parents, my father decided that he was going to look up sheikh Ahmed Deedat.  I remember the day clearly, how we arrived at his home uninvited but he welcomed us with an open heart.  At that point he had his sister living with him and her two kids.  She had to prepare a large lunch for us and I think it was dark before we left.  We also received some of his books autographed as a gift, I still have these and read them regularly.  That is why Sr. Kathys story seems so much exactly like the person I met so many years back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: