// Question about Muhammads (pbuh) daughter Zaynab
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Chi trova un amico, trova un tesoro." ("He who finds a friend finds a treasure") - Italian Proverb
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Muhammads (pbuh) daughter Zaynab  (Read 1520 times)
xina6143
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
xina6143 has no influence :(

« on: Nov 09, 2008 03:26 PM »

I was reading about Muhammads daughter Fatimah when I came across this in an article I was just wondering if all Muhammads daughter Zaynab had accepted Islam because I thought that muslim women cannot marry non muslim men??

As a mark of disgrace to Muhammad and his family, Utbah and
Utaybah were prevailed upon by their parents to divorce their
wives. This was part of the process of ostracizing the Prophet
totally. The Prophet in fact welcomed his daughters back to his
home w ith joy, happiness and relief.

Fatimah, no doubt, must have been happy to be with her sisters
once again. They all wished that their eldest sister, Zaynab,
would also be divorced by her husband. In fact, the Quraysh
brought pressure on Abu-l Aas to do so but he refused. When the
Qurays h leaders came up to him and promised him the richest and
most beautiful woman as a wife should he divorce Zaynab, he
replied:

"I love my wife deeply and passionately and I have a great and
high esteem for her father even though I have not entered the
religion of Islam."
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2008 06:37 PM »

Salam,

This is before the prohibition of Muslim women married to non-Muslim men. Later on they are separated and then after a few more events her husband does accept Islam. This is definitely one of many beautiful love stories from that time Smiley

ws
xina6143
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
xina6143 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2008 06:45 PM »

oh okay thank you for answering my question  Smiley 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: