// The blues
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'Are you using the world as an arena to express your social pathology?' - Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The blues  (Read 4330 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Dec 01, 2008 08:23 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

i see my parents and they are still juggling a million things so it must be me. i need to figure out how to have a normal life perhaps??

No I don’t think so, I think we just have to learn to say no sometimes. We can’t do everything!!

I know one particular Brother who I really admire because he has such tremendous control over his time and fulfiling all the roles and responsibilities he has. Part of that comes from him saying no to lots of things that he gets offered or is asked to participate in because he realizes he needs to focus on things which are most beneficial and which are really incumbent on him.

The topic also reminds me of when our Imam met Shaikh Taqi Usmani in London once, and I remember recalling how blown away he was by the Shaikh’s time management skills. Literally he would always be doing or working on something even in what we would consider “downtime”.

Maybe there’s an opportunity for someone to start an Islamic Time Management Consultancy Firm out there? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #26 on: Dec 01, 2008 09:45 AM »

Salam,

I don't know of other places, but I observed in my place that people now say salam to only people they know no matter there outfit! I mean the Muslims are fond of shunnig  brothers that they don't know even if they see them in Islamic dress! That is really bad. Why not follow the Prophet's command that we should say salam to all. madinaflag

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #27 on: Dec 01, 2008 10:13 AM »

The topic also reminds me of when our Imam met Shaikh Taqi Usmani in London once, and I remember recalling how blown away he was by the Shaikh’s time management skills. Literally he would always be doing or working on something even in what we would consider “downtime”.

yes! i wish could get that back. unfortunately when you have a lot of problems and pressing matters it's really hard to keep everything together. hopefully one day everything will come together inshallah. there are some good islamic books about the value of time but i think it comes down to putting it into practice.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: