// Oliver Twist on PBS
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tzu
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oliver Twist on PBS  (Read 1639 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 20, 2009 07:55 AM »

PBS showed the first part last Sunday and I thought it was great and really well done. Reminds me of when I used to watch those Hallmark specials and remakes of The Secret Garden and A Little Princess when I was little.

You can also watch it online for a limited time if you're in the US. I think they already showed it in the UK: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/twist/watch.html

Born to an unmarried woman who dies after giving birth, orphan Oliver Twist (William Miller) seems destined to slog through a dismal life in the workhouse. A rebellious cry for more gets Oliver banished, and ultimately lands him on the dismal streets of London. The young outcast finds refuge with Fagin (Timothy Spall, Harry Potter films) and his band of thieves before fate intervenes and puts Oliver in the hands of a kindly benefactor. But an evil far greater and much closer than Oliver could imagine threatens him and all those around him. Tom Hardy (Wuthering Heights) and Sophie Okonedo (The Secret Life of Bees) also star in this bold adaptation of Charles Dickens's moving story of a heroic young boy determined to find his way home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: