Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Your best cold weather ideas, treats and activities  (Read 961 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Nov 17, 2008 03:57 AM »

Winter is upon us in the Northern US and other areas.
I'm such a snow bunny and can hardly wait for the winter. snow
We had our first snow and I was so thrilled, had to go outside and walk around in it.
Sadly it only lasted the morning. But there's snow in the foothills and I'm just waiting
eagerly for it. I know Jannah and Sister Kathy are in a snow area and I imagine many others are.
Shall we share our winter ideas on treats, activities and other things as we enter winter.

I love hot chocolate and love to sit in a bay window when it's snowing, sipping hot chocolate
and reading a book. It's so relaxing.
This year I hope to get some snowmobiling in.
There are some friends who are going to teach me how to run a team of horses pulling a sleigh.
I'm really looking forward to that.
Winter is also a time for homemade soups and I love homemade chicken soup.
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2008 03:44 PM »

Winter is also a time for homemade soups and I love homemade chicken soup.

Don't forget the homemade bread!
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:12 PM »

My favorite snow day treat is when they cancel school and I can have a pajama day!

When Ali was young I used take him out late at night when the street lights were twinkling and the snow was glistening. There wouldn't be a car on the road and the nights were still. I would pull him on the sled up and down the city side walks. Whenever I would reach a snow covered tree I would gently shake a branch wand watch him laugh with glee.

Those were the days... now he can't wait to peg me with a snowball as I round the corner!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: