Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I believe in the religion of Islam. I believe in Allah and peace. --Muhammad Ali
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 1766 times)
Anonymous
« on: Nov 17, 2008 02:15 PM »

assalamualaikum

I have tattoos from the days when I lived in jaliliyah. The images are pagan in nature.

Should I leave them in place?
Should I go and get them blackened over?
Any other thoughts?

Thanks.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2008 03:06 PM »

i've heard it's expensive, but you can get them removed???

Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2008 05:13 PM »

If it was me... this is not a fatwa... if the tatoos were pagan... i would get rid of them.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2008 09:37 AM »

I feel like I just read something about this.. hmm or did we have this question before? I can't remember exactly but I believe there were different views about this. Best to ask a trusted scholar to discuss it with you.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2008 09:55 AM »

salam

This was asked before on the old board I believe.

If you can afford to do it, get them removed, if you can't you dont have to. But definitely ask an imam.

As a bit of personal advice and having seen awful tatoos, I wouldn't advise getting it covered over with something else unless your sure the result won't be bigger and hideous. Your body after all, you're the one faced with it every day (but I guess that must be one lesson you've already worked out for yourself).

Wassalaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: