Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH  (Read 1947 times)
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« on: Nov 24, 2008 02:46 AM »

asak
I am looking for a smiley with a sad and angry face!
I feel so used and abused and not appreciated and kicked and am really really really sick of the muslims in my area.

how do i know if it is me...
or i am just a stranger in a strange land...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 24, 2008 04:24 AM »

Angry karate puke sigh what smack gloomy
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 24, 2008 06:36 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

You know maybe we should take Sr Kathy and her family on a World Tour so she could come into our respective communities and knock us into shape  bro

Make sure you give me first dibs on those global image rights for the puppet show Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 24, 2008 06:59 AM »

Salam Sis Kathy

In the book Laa Tahzan, we are reminded that people are ungrateful even to Allah SWT..let alone to fellow humans.

Take heart and just make duah.

Wassalam
timbuktu
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2008 01:16 PM »

peace be upon you

asak
I am looking for a smiley with a sad and angry face!
I feel so used and abused and not appreciated and kicked and am really really really sick of the muslims in my area.

how do i know if it is me...
or i am just a stranger in a strange land...

On the Day of Judgment

Allah (swt) will call some people one by one, a martyr, a generous man, an alim, ...

and will name some of the blessings He has given them, and ask what have they done to express their gratitude. Those called will reply that whatever favors were given them, they had used in the service of Allah. The martyr had given up his life, the sakhi (generous man) has in his own opinion given up his money in charity, the alim had taught students and given rulings, etc.

And Allah (swt) will say no, so-called martyr you did it to be called a brave person, and you have been caled that. He (swt) will tell the sakhi you gave money so you would be called a generous person and you have been called that. He will tell the alim you did this so that you may be called a knowledgeable person, and you have been called that. They will then be thrown in Hell.

When I read of this Hadith, I get very very afraid. There is very little good I have done, and what if I have already been rewarded in this world, and there is nothing for the Hereafter.

When you are denied recognition, be happy, for the reward has been reserved for you in the Herefater, and when you receive it you will say, I wish what little I had on Earth had also been denied to me, so that the rewards here could be greater.
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2008 01:17 PM »

As salaamu alaykum
All wonderful words of advice...and encouragement.
Thanks for setting me straight.
After praying, I was reflecting on these posts. It brought tears to my eyes- of regret. I was embarrassed I posted this- especially using the word " appreciated" - but than grateful because of the responses.
Just goes to show i have a long way to go and need to work on purifying my heart!

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
timbuktu
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2008 02:18 PM »

peace be upon you

It was good that you posted it, for I realized I had expected and received worldly returns even without any investment in good deeds, or contaminated these with corrupted intentions.

There is so much I have been given, and all undeserved.

I have not even offered the the thanks due.

Shaikh Sa`adi says:

har nafasay kih fero mee ravad, mumudday hayat ast
wa har nafasay kih baeroon may ayad, mufarrahi zaat

pas dar har nafas, du naymat hast
wa bar har naymat shkray wajib

Every inhalation that goes inside our lungs, helps us continue to live
and every exhalation that we breathe out, makes us happy (sorry, I will look up the meaning of farah later)

so in every breath, there are two blessings
and on every blessing, a thanks becomes due

Now the implication is that in order to say thank you, we have to breathe in and out, so two more shukr become wajib while we are trying to say thanks for just half of a breath (inhalation or exhalation), the shukr of the other half of a breath hasn;t even been addressed.

We can never thank Allah enough.

Jump to: