Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 21, 2014 10:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: face cream?  (Read 7527 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Nov 26, 2008 03:30 PM »

salaam

so I really need a good face cream. the one my lil sis got me is finished. she got me some olay one. What do you use, whats good?
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2008 04:15 PM »

I really like Olay Regenertist daily regenerating serum.  I don't know if they still sell it...
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2008 04:26 PM »

Ithink thas what she got me! I want to try something diff this time..

has anyone heard of philosophy?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2008 07:15 PM »

ws,

i've heard good things about philosophy but be warned it's exxxpensive, like 30 bux expensive. try going down to sephora if you have one in your area and try some different one's out Smiley

i need something new too i think. i've just been using this plain ole lubriderm forever. try to get something with spf 15-25 in it. they say you're supposed to wear it everyday even in winter.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2008 10:10 PM »

salam

I use Lush products. The one I generally use is called 'Dream Cream', if I need an extra moisturiser tho I use 'skin drink' they have funny names but all their products are vegetarian and some are even vegan, and they sell a specific moisturiser where they don't make any profit and give the entire selling price to charities.

I think Lush have now opened several outlets in Canada and possibly the states too, I would recomend going to one if you have one near you, they tend to give out loads of smaples if you ask....I don't work for them promise, I just adore them and only use their products!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
salma
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
salma has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2008 11:53 PM »

I have Philosophy (10$ for a small bottle at Sephore). It smells like rosewater, and according to the instructions it is a face wash not a face cream, unless there are other products that I am not aware of.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2008 04:45 AM »

I also remember reading this a while back. Maybe some of the UK sisters can get it and try it out Wink

================

A skin cream that costs just £1.89 from a budget supermarket does exactly the same job as expensive luxury creams, a new survey has claimed.

Supermarket chain Aldi is preparing itself for a stampede after its Siana Skin Kind Nourishing Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream was voted the joint best skincare product, together with Lancome's luxury night cream, which costs £51 a pot.

The study by Channel 4's show How To Look Good Naked, asked 100 women to blind test a range of popular face creams.

Focusing on scent, texture and hydration, Aldi's anti-wrinkle cream got as many votes as the Lancome night cream, which is 27 times as expensive.

In tests earlier this year, Aldi's day cream, also a snip at £1.89, was voted best anti-ageing product. Sales increased massively by 800% and the supermarket chain is now preparing for another mad dash.

Aldi's UK managing director of buying, said: 'Following the amazing success of the day cream, we are anticipating a repeat performance of high customer demand for this one, with people driving across the country to get their hands on it.'

Monday 19 May 2008
Faizah
Sis

Faizah has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2008 01:09 AM »

I also remember reading this a while back. Maybe some of the UK sisters can get it and try it out Wink

================

A skin cream that costs just £1.89 from a budget supermarket does exactly the same job as expensive luxury creams, a new survey has claimed.

Supermarket chain Aldi is preparing itself for a stampede after its Siana Skin Kind Nourishing Anti-Wrinkle Night Cream was voted the joint best skincare product, together with Lancome's luxury night cream, which costs £51 a pot.

The study by Channel 4's show How To Look Good Naked, asked 100 women to blind test a range of popular face creams.

Focusing on scent, texture and hydration, Aldi's anti-wrinkle cream got as many votes as the Lancome night cream, which is 27 times as expensive.

In tests earlier this year, Aldi's day cream, also a snip at £1.89, was voted best anti-ageing product. Sales increased massively by 800% and the supermarket chain is now preparing for another mad dash.

Aldi's UK managing director of buying, said: 'Following the amazing success of the day cream, we are anticipating a repeat performance of high customer demand for this one, with people driving across the country to get their hands on it.'

Monday 19 May 2008

This doesn't surprise me at all.  Just because something costs more doesn't make it better; often we are paying for nothing more than the label/brand name.  I've tried a bunch of different things but usually end up falling back to things such as shea butter or mango butter (used lightly since I don't want to be all shiny and have my face seen blocks before I arrive).  I love using my Buff Puff when washing my face as I've found it keeps the blemishes down even when I'm under stress.  And a once a week facial mask is a must even if scary looking to others Smiley   

Fa'izah
Marcie
Sis

Marcie has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2008 02:31 AM »

As salamu alaykum, 

I have been buying different products from www.sweetsunnah.com.  They have a really nice anti aging cream along with some other products that work really well.

was salam,
Marcie   pinkhijabisis
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2008 10:51 AM »

you can also make your own face creams. i want to buy one of those recipe books for beauty products.  a friend does this, and she has impeccable skin at a very low cost - 100% organic and safe. it's also looks like a great activity (says the housewife... maybe it's not practical for the rest of you Smiley  ).
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Nov 30, 2008 07:07 PM »

salaam

now im confused

Sister Salma how do you like philosophy? By the way Im goin to message you bak soon inshAllah I really want to. .. Marcie do you reallllllyy like sweet sunnah? how long have you been using it. I wonder if I should try aldi if its so voted best? oh wait you cant get that in usa? I dont know if you can get lush here.
just one give us a recipie.

faizah you use body butter on your face? i think it may not work w me.
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2008 04:25 PM »

It depends what type of skin you have. I have oily skin so I go for oil-free moisturisers.

There was a bit in thelondonpaper (from the daily mail) today: "anti-ageing creams and vitamin supplements are a waste of money, experts say, adding that people should eat more healthily".

I've been experimenting a lot with face creams lately, will let you know the outcome!

Wassalam
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2008 04:39 PM »

salaam

Yes please desert rose, start telling us about. which creams are you experimenting with and more info.

I was thinking that lately. Are creams a waste of money? Do we really need them? 
I think it may depend on skin type?
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2008 05:53 PM »

Salam,

I can't post as my membership is still under approval. Sad

I have tried a number of face creams from Body Shop, Boots, Shanaiz Husain, Lakme etc and paid a lot of money (to me it was a lot) but the best one was Astral Cream. It comes in a blue jar and is sooo cheap.

Since the price was low and it didn't have a fancy name or packaging I was a little dubious however it works for me and leaves my face feeling sooo soft and hydrated and is great for other body parts!

I guess I have realised fancy names and prices with a high budget marketing campaign doesn't always mean the product is going to have super effects!

Cam.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
salma
Sis

salma has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2008 09:27 AM »

Salaamalikum,
I have Philosophy for a few months now, not impressed nor recommend it. I have seen the best results with "Besan"/ Chickpea powder with milk if you have dry skin or with rosewater or lemon juice or plain water. Today I had gone to bodyshop and the lady was trying very hard to sell me the Vit E face moisturiser ( cream felt light and amooth and non greasy) I am contemplating buying it, any thoughts anyone?
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2008 05:34 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

blackrose, I'm afraid my list of creams wouldn't be very useful because I generally use combinations and am not very organised i.e. I really can't remember which ones I used in what order and exactly why I didn't like it. From what I can remember, I've used Vaseline Intensive Care lotion, the Hemp face cream from the Body Shop, Vitamin E oil from the body shop, but I found them all to be too greasy. At the moment I'm using a combination of Neutrogena's oil free moisturiser and Neutrogena's hydrating spot treatment which was really good at first but doesn't make much difference now. That's possibly due to me using St.Ives Apricot Scrub everyday when I first started using the Neutrogena creams but then it finished and for some reason I got Neutrogena facial scrub. See what I mean about my chaotic experiments?  Tongue even I'm confused. So tomorrow I shall go out and buy the Apricot Scrub again inshallah and see how it goes.

salma, I used the besan paste a couple of times, and it didn't really make much of a difference, plus it's a bit of a hassle making it (I also read somewhere that it makes your skin too dry so you shouldn't use it too often). I have the Vitamin E face moisturiser, but haven't used it regularly yet, maybe after my Neutrogena creams finish  Smiley

Wassalam,
a_desert_rose
Traveller
Sis

Traveller has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2008 01:10 AM »

I recommend Nivea Moisturising Cream. The white pot.  pinkhijabisis
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2008 04:00 AM »

This is my face regimen right now:

It helps to reduce any acne/zits. I'd like to get some regular facials like once a year (it's about $60 a pop here) or try chemical peeling sometime to get rid of old scars... we'll see.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2008 06:44 AM »

i've only gotten one facial done, ever.  from my estimate, it's probably good to pay the price for a good facial. i went to this dinky salon with my husband's sister, and the lady attacked my pores and my sense of style hahaha.

also, the chemical peel... best time to do is towards the end of winter, because your skin hasn't been exposed to that much sunlight and the chances of it burning will be less. my cousin did it...she looked great for about a week, then her skin started literally falling off in places. again, maybe going cheap is not a good idea Sad
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Dec 27, 2008 09:58 AM »

I think your skin is supposed to fall off! It like makes a new layer come out that's supposed to be smoother/no old acne etc. Like a whole new face lol...I think that should be their slogan......... peel yourself a whole new face!!! :0 the only problem is that i scar easily so that might not be good..i might try a mild 'at home' one and see how it goes... one thing i'd always recommend is go to a very well known professional place for important stuff like this. Trust me it's money well spent... Don't want to scare anyone but this article scared me enough to never do anything at some tiny corner salon or something: http://a.abcnews.com/GMA/OnCall/Story?id=4362846&page=1

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Dec 27, 2008 08:55 PM »

It's a bit pricey but cause I was given a few samples of it I've been trying
Eminence Organtic skin care. And a little goes a long way. I felt the difference right away.
However since I never use anything in the past, any face moisturizer is proably
a welcomed relief to my face.
I have read somewhere that cheaper face creams use cheaper ingredient that many times
cause more pore clogging than help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: