Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aamir Khan grieved and shocked with Mumbai Terror  (Read 2449 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Nov 28, 2008 10:27 AM »

Aamir Khan grieved and shocked with Mumbai Terror

IndiaGlitz [Friday, November 28, 2008] 

It's been a black week all throughout the globe with various locations of Mumbai stuck in terror. Mumbai – The commercial capital of India turning into a War Zone has broken down the hearts of ours and Aamir Khan seems to be more desperate. Remember this! The actor has been more keen on his words 'If terrorists are showering their bombs of violence, let's reciprocate with roses of love in thousands and more'.

Bollywood Star seems to have been undergoing insomniac ever since last night as he has got his eyes fixed on news channels. In his blog, Aamir has penned the following statements

"My heartfelt condolences to the families of persons killed and taken hostage. I was feeling sick in the stomach when the fire broke out at the Taj. What would the people caught inside be going through. The fire fighters were doing their best but my imagination was running wild and I was feeling helpless watching other people trapped in the rooms adjoining the fire.

My heartfelt condolences to the family of the brave officers of the Mumbai Police who lost their lives leading from the front to take on these terrorists. Especially Hemant Karkare of the ATS who in the recent past was being targeted by various political parties for the work that he was doing. When will these politicians realize and admit that terrorists HAVE NO RELIGION. Terrorists are not Hindu or Muslim or Christian. They are not people of religion or God. They are people who have gone totally sick in their head and have to be dealt with in that manner. Hemant Karkare is an example of a brave officer who gave his life in the line of duty.

At this moment I pray that the brave officers of the Mumbai Police, the Indian Army, Navy, the NSG and the various other security forces dealing with the situation are able to end this crisis as soon as possible.

If it had just been a matter of simply fighting the terrorists the security forces would have dealt with it sooner, but here of course the situation is extremely complicated with many innocent lives at stake. The fact that the locations are huge hotels with multiple floors, hundreds of rooms, many corridors, staff quarters, work spaces, entries, exits etc, and have innocent guests still in there, have made the task very difficult and delicate.

I dread to think of how various political parties are now going to try and use this tragedy to further their political careers. At least now they should learn to not divide people and instead become responsible leaders. An incident such as this really exposes how ill-equipped we are as a society as far as proper leaders go. We desperately need young, dynamic, honest, intelligent and upright leaders, who actually care for the country".

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/43292.html

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2008 05:57 PM »

salaam

honestly when I read the title I was like 'so what' so is everyone else. (everyone else is also grieving and shocked') but then I read the body and I understand why you posted it. Amir Khan mentioned these people have no religion. And when will politicians realize this. So basically he was defending Muslims since people claim it was 'islamic terrorists' (although now say it maybe hindu extremists bc a wk ago the gov jailed some hindu leader)
and he also talks about not dividing people. I hear in India that they are saying the gov wont accept that it maybe homegrown terrorists because many muslims are being alienated. Well Im glad Amir Khan realizes that and talked about it in the open because after all he is famous and since he has millions of fans his words do make a difference.
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2008 05:34 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

RE comments from Bollywood actors I was emailed a link to the following article today. Her comments, coming as they are from a Sikh from Punjab are surprisingly sensitive towards Muslims.

Wassalam

Gul Panag clarifies her views on Terrorists and Terrorism

By Devansh Patel, November 29, 2008 - 14:26 IST

Gul Panag dropped an intellectual bombshell yesterday (Nov 28) when we called her, surprising the nation with her vision and comment on the Mumbai bombings. She quoted, "I don't know how my comments will be taken by you but this had to happen and is not a complete surprise. Me and you only take notice of terror when it enters the malls or the hotels. But if the same thing happens in the slums we are ok with it. This is a much larger issue than it looks. Have you ever taken into consideration the Islamic population of India? It's in the region of 18 to 20%. The figures keep on varying. Do you know what percent of Islamic population is living below the poverty line? It's 40%. I am not a fundamentalist but I am looking at a much bigger picture. There are certain segments of the society which have not got its due, whether you agree or not. But if you look at the demographics, you'll understand. Whatever the population of Muslims in India, is that population proportionate and reflect in the jobs of this country? When people are poor and have no where to go, they have no choice but to turn into radicals. I hope my views and comments make people understand the broader picture".

Gul's comment ignited anger demanding an explanation to the above quote. While some demanded an explanation to her remark, others said it wasn't enough, and some even agreed to what she said. One of the replies to her quote on Bollywood Hungama said, "I do agree with what Gul is trying to say, people are just taking it wrongly. Islam doesn't teach violence and neither does it allow innocent killings and mass murders. When Muslims do something like this in terms of revenge, they are called terrorists but when Hindus, Jews and Christians do it, they are called Freedom Fighters". Debashri, one of the surfers of Bollywood Hungama who thinks that Gul's comment was a flaw, said, "It's not because of poverty that some Muslims take the fundamentalist route. Then we would have had an equal number of Hindu terrorists too. I think we have made a habit out of making terrorists look like victims! It is fashionable to side with them. Do we then take out guns and start killing people? No. The trouble is the indoctrination that takes place". Another surfer Roopa also disagrees. She said, "Poverty doesn't justify the birth of radicalism. Many terrorists are rich and come from educated backgrounds (Osama). If people feel the government isn't helping them, it is up to them to educate themselves and grow". A surfer with the user id 'Mamuh' who sides Panag, said, "I like Gul's view (as it) was very much well thought-out and accurate. We can't stump terrorism, until we see the root of it. Injustice like Gujarat Riots or Orissa Riots need to stop. When significant politician(s) turn a blind eye and something drastic happens. India just sucks if you're a poor or a minority".

So when the actress got up this morning and logged on to Bollywood Hungama, she was taken by surprise to read comments posted by users on her quote. This got Gul to write even more. Within 10 minutes, the actress sent us what she thought of the above reactions and many more posted their views on the website. This is what she had to say:

"Poor and disenfranchised Hindus/Sikhs/Christians are not the ones being radicalized. There is no planned sustained movement in place to do so. India has the second largest population of Muslims in the world. Yet their representation in all walks of public life remains dismal (what ever the reasons). A disproportionate chunk of the Muslim population lives below the poverty line. These people are the ones the radicals target as their recruiting ground.

Yes, there are rich who also get involved. The percentage is small. The machinery in place that goes about recruiting these people is very advanced and unscrupulous. They are highly motivated by people whose full time job is to mislead these people. Their modus operandi is to show videos of Muslims being tortured /killed/women being raped, and other forms of propaganda. In Punjab ( I am a Sikh from a village in Punjab called Mahadian, Distt Fategarh Sahib), many youngsters from well to do families after seeing their relatives/ kin burnt alive by mobs, tortured and raped by the forces were badly shaken up. Psychologically numb. And were ready when extremists came knocking on their doors to garner support. As for the security lapses, I am sure there are many loop holes. We apart from being a booming economy are also a country of the poor and homeless, (who's primary focus is two square meals). We are NOT the United States, where we can single mindedly pursue security). But having said that, it's important to understand, that not even the best trained force in the world can be prepared for someone who is ready to kill himself. The terrorist wins by not losing/dying (for whatever short period he wreaks havoc) and the forces "lose" by not winning immediately (ultimately they do in a Mumbai like scenario, but not in J&K, Iraq). And how can I be biased? Because I am in Indian and believe that the same set of rules must apply to all? So Muslims who kill people are terrorists but Bajran Dal/RSS activists who burn Christian homes, rape nuns are "angry misguided youth"?? My father is a serving army officer; he has 40 years of service to the nation and is currently posted as Army Commander Central Command, at the very tip of the army pyramid. He also served as Northern Army Commander. I have been brought up in the most secular way possible, where I have observed at close quarters what the army does for the Nation. And it pains me to read about people pointing fingers at the forces being "inefficient" when they constantly give away their today for us to be able to blog like this, sleep peacefully and enjoy life as we know it."

--------------
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:26 PM »

While a handful of terrorists held India’s financial capital hostage, celebrities stepped out in full force to question the authorities and the politicians in power. Many wanted to ask MNS leader Raj Thackeray what he and his notorious MSN workers were doing to help the hostages while Indians from the north and south were trying to protect this city.

I think they need to shut the f*** up and do their jobs. They are supposed to look after the people but they are too busy looking after their own security, power play and themselves. They are only interested in money and ruling the country by dividing it on the basis of region and religion. So far we were relatively secure, but now their façade has been ripped off very badly. Everyone, be it the man on the street at CST to the people outside and at five stars, has lost someone. Everyone has been let down. We will not take this anymore. During the elections, they will point fingers at each other regarding these attacks. I want the voters to keep such people out of the system. I also have a request for the media. They must only remember and give coverage and importance to the people who died: the officers and the innocent people. The politicians should not be given a platform at all. I want the media to stop fighting against each other for scoops and be united to blank out all the liars who want to use the attacks and the media as a political platform, they don't deserve any coverage.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:27 PM »

I think the politicians need to take action; we have had enough of words. They have these stock speeches ready for a crisis situation but now we want answers to: who has done all this and how they are being punished.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:29 PM »

I don't have a message for politicians but for the affluent people who do not vote. They need to vote and select the right people to govern the city. There should be 95% voting by the intellectual and educated classes. Then we will have all the right politicians.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:31 PM »

You know when situations like these happen we are encouraged to carry on… to move on in life and not allow the terrorists to win. But I wonder whether that's the right psyche? I mean why should we move on? Why can't we react? I feel if it's needed the authorities should ask all of us to stay at home so that they can search through the entire city. Do something drastic so that these bad elements can realize that we can't be taken for granted. All the people of Mumbai need to unite and help the authority. If told stay in indoors… do that. But don't forget about what's happening. And most of all don't spread rumours or make allegations like some of the most senior MPs are making on television sets right now like how the people behind this attack are also those behind the '93 blasts. How do they know that? Ask them to tell us that before they add and incite more religious thoughts!

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:32 PM »

Violence should not be tolerated. The MNS and Shiv Sena wreak havoc on the streets and their leaders are walking free, no action has been taken against them. When you let someone get away with violence, they will only commit more acts of violence, which is what the terrorists have done. Our justice system is so slow that the accused of the 1993 blasts are still being tried! So many attacks have take place in the city but nothing has been really looked into, no action has been taken, we have been outraged continuously. We need a speedy system; we need to take the bull by its horns and adopt an aggressive policy against political and anti-national terrorists.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:34 PM »

The politicians are just not doing their job - we have no defense, no timely action. The security forces don't have a backup from the intelligence services. The world is changing, we need to think forward and think practical. The terrorists should not be allowed to get their way with everything. The damage has been direct and collateral because of the communal disharmony it has caused. The government needs to wake up and take steadfast action

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 29, 2008 10:35 PM »

The politicians should work towards justice for every citizen in India.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2008 10:35 AM »

As a Muslim, I am shocked: Soha expresses anger on Mumbai terror

Mon, Dec 01, 2008 12:30 IST

Soha Ali Khan is furious that an act as barbaric as the recent Mumbai terrorist attack has been done in the name of her religion. She calls for unity in this hour of crisis.

The actress, writing a message on behalf of ‘Avaaz’ (a community of people espousing social causes on global scale), said the people of India need to remain united to deny the victory to the terrorists whose main aim was to divide us in the name of religion.

Here are excerpts from Soha’s message:

“Dear Friends…the brutal Mumbai terrorist attacks sought to divide us…the attacks were aimed at our people, our prosperity and our peace. But their top target was something else: our unity. If these attacks cause us to turn on each other in hatred and conflict, the terrorists will have won…Let's deny them that victory.

“We're launching a message to extremists on all sides…one that will soon be published in newspapers across India and Pakistan. The message is that these tactics aren't working, that we're more united than ever, united in our love and support to each other, and determined to work together to stop violent extremism. If millions of people sign it, our message will be unmistakable.

“As a Muslim, I am shocked at what has been done in the name of my faith. As an Indian, I am determined to keep these terrorists from tearing our nation apart. As a human being, I join with the entire world in condemning this horrific violence. It's time to speak out, let's do it together,” Soha wrote.

Those people who wish to show solidarity with Soha and vote for unity and peace can do so at: http://www.avaaz.org/en/india_undivided/

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2008 02:32 PM »

Certain politicians should be bashed: Karan Johar

New Delhi, Dec 1 (PTI) Venting his anger on some politicians for their comments over the ghastly Mumbai terror attacks, Bollywood director Karan Johar says they should be "bashed". "Politicians, soulless and emotionless, were addressing the country while reading off of tele-prompters. Can you not feel anything? Can you say nothing to make us feel just a little more secure in your hands?" his blog says.

Applauding NSG and media for their roles, Johar writes, "Certain politicians should be bashed. Poorly conducted 'press conferences' announcing the death and casualty toll for foreigners with the speaker unable to successfully read a list from a sheet of paper, confusing Austria for Australia and generally making us look like illiterate idiots to a global audience. It left me embarrassed and struggling to find pride in our government".

Johar was in New York when the incident took place. "I was glued to the TV screen since late Wednesday night when security personnel battled the terrorists in the city for 62 hours.

"In times like these, it becomes a challenge to look at the big picture. Terror attacks, massive loss of life the reality eventually forces you to look at how we react individually and as a collective community." On people's safety in Mumbai, he writes, "In our every day lives where maybe we went to Tiffin for lunch or did some window-shopping at the Taj, we now feel unsafe in our cars with tinted windows and our buildings with multiple watchmen. We now feel what a section of the city's lower-middle class felt on July 11, 2006 when their security was threatened.

"Affluent members of society now prance around panels claiming Mumbai is no longer safe. This city isn't safe now, nor was it safe two years ago," he writes.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2008 02:35 PM »

Arjun's outburst

IndiaGlitz [Monday, December 01, 2008]

When the blame game has started and the reactions, frustrations and solutions are filling up the media space, here is one guy who has said something which no other B-Town celebrity has said so far.

Rather than putting the entire blame on Pakistan, Arjun Rampal asks what do we gain by trying to find a punching bag every time such an incident like the one which has unraveled in the city of Mumbai during the past few days happens.

The actor says that rather than pointing fingers at the neighbouring country, an autopsy of our own shortcomings should be done and the needed solutions dug out.

Arjun points out that, as the neighbouring country has been known for years to assist terrorism, what else we should expect from them.

He says that now the time has come to make the city and the country completely terror proof.

Bringing into light some old truths, the hunk said that Mumbai collects the highest income tax in the country and still the city has been inefficient in having a National Security Guard base to be used for better protection.

Despite Mumbai being vulnerable and with a past of terrorist strikes, no one thought of having a force like NSG to be stationed in the city and this time to flush out the terrorists they had to be brought all the way from Delhi.

He also asked why the government till now never thought of providing land for training commandos and repeated the painful fact of the local police having only old rusty rifles to defend themselves when the terrorists comes armed with sophisticated guns like AK 47s.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2008 02:44 PM »

Ajay and Kajol represent our voice

IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 29, 2008]

Go through the thoughts of one of Bollwood's most loved couples and u will find out that right from the first sentence, the notions are the same ones that are right now echoing in the inner world of each and everyone of us who are shocked, terrified and almost numb to the way Mumbai-the city of dreams has been converted to a slaughter house and that too so easily with the utmost comfort by the terrorists.

Just like everyone is B-Town, Ajay Devgan and Kajol are also too stunned thinking how life can change its colour in such a short time span.

They say -  Crisis is over at least that's what we would like to believe till the next one props up, which could be tomorrow, day after, today or even right now. A Salute and hats off to our armed forces who have showed such courage and made us believe in heroes all over again.

As One rescued British national hostage mentioned on TV "they have done such a good job that no other country could have done better".

We also pay our tributes to the able officers who have laid down their lives so that we can sit at our homes safe in our house today.

This is their job and they have done it wonderfully, but have we done ours? We pay our tribute to them till the crisis is over and the next working day, is exactly that, a working day. We forget all about them till next situation comes up. Our tributes last till the crisis last.

We keep giving terrorism a religion, but the fact is that "TERRORISM HAS NO GOD BESIDES TERROR". And this religion has the most fanatic followers. How does one fight such fanaticism, it sounds impossible. If there is any religion that should be wiped off this earth, it is terrorism. Instead each religion is trying to wipe the other out. So how we fight this new religion? Do we blame political parties or do we do start something on our own. There has to be some way which we need to figure out and not forget about it after the crisis is over. India, we are proud of you.

The Almighty Allah says,

blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2008 02:55 PM »

salaam

This is happening in their own country.. they have every right to be mad and at the same time even the hindu actors aknowledge the fact that Islam is being hijacked during this hard time. Even while Muslims themselves are thinking twice about their religion. I appreciate the fact they are informed and happy they all openly speak out against hate of all kinds. There are many Muslims in the Indian film industry so in that way we can understand why they are speaking out against hijacking the religion but the fact some have even mentioned one should not blame Pakistan is a huge plus. I commend them.
Think about it, It if it was our loved ones and a diff country and religion would we be able to do the same?
Halima
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Dec 03, 2008 02:28 PM »

Youngsters need to understand Islam in the right way: Shahrukh Khan

Wed, Dec 03, 2008 18:30 IST

Bollywood’s leading Khan has broken his silence and unequivocally condemned the deadly terrorist attacks that rocked Mumbai last week.

Film celebs have been venting out their shock, anguish and wrath through blogging and community sites, openly condemning the gory and heinous attacks that kept the ‘maximum city’ under siege for three days. While Aamir Khan and Amitabh Bachchan took the lead in voicing their anger, Shahrukh Khan has been silent. But now he has spoken up.

While talking on Raj and Pablo's ‘Love Bollywood’ radio show on the BBC Asian Network, SRK said he was at loss of words to say anything about this situation.

“I’ve tried to keep away from commenting on this as there are no words to express a situation like this because our feelings are mixed with anger, disbelief and sadness,” the superstar said.

Shahrukh also commented on misrepresentation of Islam by extremists.

"Being Muslim myself, I believe youngsters need to understand Islam and respect the religion in the right way. It’s such a huge waste and my appeal to all in these times and in recent years is that please can we run what we want in terms of politics, government, jobs and teaching our children with the prime motive of taking communalism out of it,” SRK stressed.

The superstar concluded with a very important remark: “The religion our children are born with should be something they practice as a discipline and work should be developed as the new religion. I think no agenda should be attached to any kind of religion.”

Spoken like a true workaholic.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Dec 03, 2008 02:53 PM »

I cried when I read this.  He is a bollywood actor who was directly affected by the terror.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Straight from Aashish

ndiaGlitz [Wednesday, December 03, 2008]

Aashish Chowdary is one among the hundreds of Mumbai dwellers whose lives have been changed for ever because of the loss of their most loved ones.

He lost his sister and his brother in law because of the atrocities of the terrorists.

In this letter Aashish pours out his heart which is now swollen with so much of grief and sadness that he thought of letting out the frustration and try to pacify his mind at least a little bit.

Yes I am not yet in the frame of mind to talk or deal or replay the destruction of my family and their souls but I would still like to pen down my gratitude to you who stood by, called, sms'd and comforted me at a time where my whole world collapsed.

If there is anything that can hold me together now and not let me crumble fully, are the two small innocent lives who in a matter of seconds lost the two people who were their world. Who only waited not understanding why their parents haven't returned from dinner yet. Their innocent hearts looking into our eyes when we finally broke the news.  They were searching for some meaning out of this meaningless act of perversion And those are the two lives who are holding me and my family together urging us to be strong…for the .

Kanishq (12) and Ananaya (7), "Pokey" and "Ducky" as I lovingly call them, are our little Angels who've lost more than what can ever be even imagined.

I know, my sister and my jiju, wherever they are will still be worried about Pokey and Ducky .

Monica, my only sister who I loved more than myself and Ajit, the Jiju who came in as the perfect match for my Mona. Two pure hearts, two glorious human beings whose lives revolved around their children. Grounding their children on morals, on the right behaviour on being good and kind human beings.And an entire battalion of people cannot match up to what they were as parents.Or take their place ever

But we are going to try….try hard and rebuild their lives. We are going to bring their smiles and the twinkles in their eyes back. Bring back the joy of a really happy beautiful family that the animals, the cowards destroyed.

I stood there helpless and angry while strangers came and snatched away pieces of our hearts. I could do nothing …nothing but just ask one question Why?Why them?

And the answer was a cruel silence that numbed me.

There is no solace there is no way on earth anybody can tell any of us  to console ourselves,this hurt will stay  forever .The gaping  wound will never heal and the anger will only stay hidden.

I'm angry. Really angry.

And I feel for all of us. I'm sorry for all of us who suffered. And for all who live with this feeling of instability, insecurity n hatred. But we've gotta get a hold of ourselves.

We've got to be strong and move ahead with a conviction. We're the ones who'll eventually make the desired difference.

In this horrifying game of fate, the one thing we want to tell Monica and Jiju is

that today their children not only have four extremely loving grandparents, who have always doted over their grandchildren but also a huge family of Aunts, Uncles and cousins that have so much love to give.

The one thing that I really want them to know is that they will always have a second set of parents within Samita and Me. We will be there in everyway we can, along with everyone else in our beautiful family, to look after them, try and raise them the way Monica and Ajit have done all these years and hopefully we will be guided by them from above, to be their second Mum and Dad.

Please don't take my silence and withdrawal of not talking as any form of disrespect. I have still not come to terms with what is real and what is not .Life is drawing a blankand it will be sometime before I can fill the void. I am pouring my heart out in this letter hoping you understand.

Thank you for being there and I really mean it…

The Almighty Allah says,

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2008 10:22 AM »

Salman Khan speaks about Mumbai terror attacks:

Aamir Khan: