Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats going in Pakistan? (kidnappings)?  (Read 1801 times)
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« on: Nov 29, 2008 07:08 PM »

salaam

So whats going on in Pakistan? My parents are visitng right now and my mom said that there are many kidnappings going on especially in the good areas this time such as adamjinaghar. Kids cant play outside and all.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2008 04:18 AM »

assalamualaikum

if anyone still doubted that the splitting of pakistan into bangladesh and west pakistan was a good thing, look now.  muslim solidarity issues aside, bangladesh is a million times better off without crazy people blowing stuff up and kidnappings galore. 
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2008 11:07 AM »

Kidnappings have been the crime of choice (especially in Islamabad) for a couple of decades now. 

I think it comes down to lack of education and unemployment.  An idle mind is the devil's workshop kind of a thing.
timbuktu
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2008 12:38 PM »

peace be upon you

It is not lack of education. It is secularisaion, consumerization, and crminalization of the youth. The PPP under Zardari is at the Federal level and in Sindh, and the MQM is back in power in Karachi. The politics of both parties depends upon extortion.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2008 06:59 PM »

salaam

yes kidnappings happen all the time and in many places. It happens here in usa also. Kids cant play outside like they used to be able too. But is it occuring more than usual at the moment in Karachi in the good areas? and why..
because mqms in power?
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2008 04:48 AM »

my cousin was kidnapped in the US.  some guy from fiji kidnapped her.  it was really, really scary.  i don't think she ever recovered from it.  her parents then  got her married off to some guy who was a family friend because of the stigma.  and then she got divorced.
timbuktu
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2008 02:05 PM »

peace be upon you

Kidnappings are MQM's favorite. Following the PPP's victory, iPPP's rural feudal lords expect rewards, and they too let loose their dacoits on the urban population. THe situation in Islamabad and the

But what is going on in Karachi is murder. 41 have died so far in the violence. It has the attributes of the old ISI/RAW vendetta: You kill our civilians, we will kill yours.

I have lived away from Karachi, but the family has lived there again since 1971. One of my brother was shot twice in different incidents. His back still has bullet pieces, and he has had a continuous fever. Another time when the assialnts were so near him on a motorbike, he remembered a dua, and he recited it, and the attckers fled.

My family has had no choice to move anywhere any more. Where can they go?

Islamabad, and Punjab, is a target of local criminal activity, where kidnappings and dacoities are concerned. Blasts have local agents manipulated by foreign hands. The war of terror has been successfully transformed into a civil war in Islam.

It is time to stay home and not to venture out. Just to say Subhanallah, wal hamdulillah wa la ilaha illallah wallahu Akbar, wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah. That will be food in the times of trouble for the muttaqeen.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008 11:27 PM »

salaam

so in karachi everything is being shut down. That is not unusual as there are always strikes and stuff. But this time they are saying the pathans are trying to take over and they killed twelve people or something. sooo where are you karachi people/? whats happening?
timbuktu
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2008 07:05 AM »

peace be upon you

Karachi has become too large for its own health. I think there is a Hadith that when your cities become large, you should move out and found new cities.

The Pathan-Muhajir violence was little to start with. Transport has traditionally been in the hands of the Pathans. I remember in my childhood a gruesome murder when on a small altercation about fare or something, a man was run down in the bus terminus grounds at Karachi. A lot of buses chased him around the grounds of the terminus, and he was simply crushed by them at the end. That caused a lot of bad blood between the two communities, but the real break came in the wake of Ayub Khan's victory over Ms Fatima Jinnah. It was not a direct election, but Karachi, Dacca and perhaps Lahore had voted in favor of Ms Jinnah. The night of election results was a terrible night for Karachiites. The Pathan gangs ran amok, killing and burning and shouting: "You voted against our king, now see the result". That caused a divide which has not been breached yet.

When Altaf Hussain founded his Muhajir Students Organization, and then Muhajir Qaumi Movement, the Muhajor gangs battled similar and older Punjabi and Pathan gangs. His movement was financed by Zia's internal security agencies, to break the power of Jamaate Islami. When MQM managed to wrest almost total control of Karachi, and reached the National Assmebly, Altfa renamed his movement the Muttahida Qaumi Movement. At one time RAW also financed him and trained his cadres.

Kidnappings, extortion, blackmail and torture remained the hallmarks of his movement.

The Pathan is moved by appeal to Pakhtunwali, but there are ideological divide.s, too. Secular (ANP, PPP), Islamists (Jamate Islami, JUI). The present turmoil in Karachi may also be linked to the army operations in the Pathan hinterland. At one time Afghanistan (under the Soviets) unleashed gangs of terrorists in Pakistan.

PPP had started as a secular, modernizing, small man's rights party. It turned back into a feudal entity within Z A Bhutto's tenure as Prime Minister.  It is dominated by feudals, and they believe in taking from the state and from the common man. Not in giving anything. Many dacoits are in their pay.

During Zia's time, the PPP was persecuted, and it too received financing and training from India's RAW, Afghanistan's (under the Soviets) KHAD, Syria's Mukhbarat and also Libya. However, Benazir made it an establishment party. She had noted that the road to Pakistan's Prime Ministership is governed by Washington, which is  not interested in a social revolution.

Zardari was, and continues to be, a percentage man.

The greatest crimes Musharraf has committed against Muslims and Pakistan was to hand over Muslims to the US for torture, and to issue the NRO which whitened all loot during Benazir's rule. This has allowed Zardari and people like Salman Farooqui to return and control the state machinery.

timbuktu
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2008 03:08 AM »

peace be upon you

THings are getting better in Karachi. I forgot to mention the Sunni Tehrik, which is also battling two major established parties - the JI and the MQM.

All parties yesterday joined hands to support the government in India's bid to blame Pakistan on the Mumbai massacre. In Karachi, all the political groups also came together agaainst the violence, and the last day passsed without reports of any incident.
blackrose
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2008 03:20 AM »

salaam

Yah thas what I heard
Also everything is going to be open again and kids are back to school starting today there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: