// The Reward of the Pious
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been. - Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Reward of the Pious  (Read 1183 times)
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Ahla Haya

« on: Dec 03, 2008 03:07 PM »

The Reward of the Pious
© Mutual reminding by Imam Abdullah al-Haddad
translation by Mostafa al-Badawi

Allah the Exalted says, He who does good, whether he be male or female, and is a believer, We shall cause him to live a good life (Qur'an, 16:97).

And, Allah has promised those of you who believe and do good works that He shall cause them to rule in the land, as He caused those before them to rule, that he shall establish firmly for them their religion, which He has chosen for them, and that He shall change their fear into security (Qur'an, 24:55).

And He says, Exalted is He, Those who believe and do good works, We shall not waste the reward of those who do excellent works. They shall have Gardens of Eden, beneath which rivers flow. Therein they shall be adorned with bracelets of gold, wearing green clothes of silk and brocade, leaning therein upon couches. How fair the reward and how excellent the resting place!" (Qur'an, 18:30-31).

And [Allah] says, Exalted is He, Those who believe and do good works, the All-Merciful shall give them affection (Qur'an, 19:96).

Ibn `Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him, said about this last passage, "He will love them and cause the believers to love them also." The Messenger of Allah, sallaAllah `alayhi wa sallam, said, "Allah the Exalted says, `He who shows hostility to a wall of Mine," on him I declare war! My servant draws nearer to Me with nothing I love more than that which I have made incumbent upon him.

And My servant ceases not to draw nearer to me with supererogatory devotions until I love him. Once I love him, I become his hearing with which he hears, his eyesight with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes, and his foot on which he walks. Should he ask of Me, I shall give him, and should he seek My protection, I shall protect him."

Therefore, he who does what is obligatory upon him, then adds supererogatory acts of devotion in abundance in order to draw nearer to Allah, Allah honors him with this great love which renders his every movement by Allah and for Allah.

The Messenger, sallaAllah `alayhi wa sallam, also relates from Allah the Exalted, "When My servant draws nearer to Me by a handspan, I draw nearer to him an armspan. When he draws nearer to Me an armspan, I draw nearer to him two armspans. When he comes to Me walking, I come to him running." The servant draws nearer to his Lord by obeying and serving Him. The Lord draws nearer to His servant by His favor and mercy.

The Messenger, sallaAllah `alayhi wa sallam, relates as well from Allah the Exalted, "I have prepared for My virtuous servants [in Paradise] that which no eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no human heart has ever imagined."

In the Psalms it is said, "0 Son of Adam! Obey Me and I shall fill your heart with independence, your two hands with provision, and your body with health." And Allah said to the world, "0 world! He who serves Me, serve him, but he who serves you, make him your servant!"

Bishr ibn al-Harith, may Allah's mercy be upon him, said, "People of goodness possess both this world and the next."

And Yalhya ibn Mu`adh has said, "Sons of this world are served by slaves, but sons of the Hereafter are served by free men."

O my brother, if you wish to have rank that does not vanish, eminence that does not diminish, honor that is permanent, and glory that is perpetual, then obey your Lord! For Allah has placed all these‚Ä

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: