// Dating a christian?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Diet: The Prophet said: 'There is no vessel worse for the son of Adam to fill than his stomach. A few morsels are sufficient for him. If he is to consume more then a third is for his food, a third for his drink, and a third for air.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dating a christian?  (Read 961 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Dec 07, 2008 09:51 AM »

Those of us who don't leave in Islamic countries,can find ourselves in some very hard situations because i've come to realise that it's much easier to be completely true when ur in an Islamic enviroment or amongst muslims.
Is it wrong to have the hopes that someone your dating(non-muslim male)can revert to Islam,and you work towards it. yes,I know the rule is dating too is not permitted,but what do you do when you cant help it though you can keep urself away from the acts that will be fornication,I believe there is a woman during the life of the prophet who said a man that wanted to marry her should become a muslim(think I read it somewhere)and he did.
someone should say what they think,cuz one gets quite confused sometimes,u feel what ur doing is so wrong.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2008 12:48 PM »

Hey Salaam...

You're right, it's not easy being a Muslim - especially in the modern age where the challenges to our faith are numerous.  It is, like you said, harder when you expose yourself to an unIslamic environment.  That said, it's not just for people living in non-Muslim countries.  Harboring that Islamic environment is something all of us have to strive to create in our own worlds, no matter where we live.  We have to seek good company ... this means that we have to search for it, and fight to maintain it. 

Is it wrong to have the hope that anyone will become Muslim?  Of course not.  That is the only duaa we are legitimately allowed to make for our non-Muslim families and friends - that of hidayah.  Is it wrong to work towards it? No, not unless it is compromising your faith in any way. 

You already said it yourself - not only is dating wrong, but if you're female, then marrying a non-Muslim is not allowed. 

You know... making an effort to safeguard your faith and to remove yourself from sin, will open doors for you that you never imagined.  Allah swt knows how difficult it is for you, and He is waiting for you to ask Him for help.  As soon as you do, your life will change inshaAllah.  And always believe in the power of duaa... you never know, the person in question may be moved by the fervor of your faith - and that may lead him/her to the path of Islam.  And maybe you both will live happily after.

Wasalaam.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2008 04:58 AM »

Is it wrong to have the hopes that someone your dating(non-muslim male)can revert to Islam,and you work towards it.

I'd never want someone to change their religion or become something they truly aren't just to marry me.
And would one ever really know if the man became Muslim just to marry you or cause they
in their heart of hearts truly believed in Islam?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: