Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: O God, I can't live in this world / Without remembering You - / How can I endure the next world / Without seeing Your face? - Rabi'a al-Adawiyya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: prove the case against Jamaatud Dawah  (Read 1092 times)
timbuktu
« on: Dec 12, 2008 01:10 PM »

peace be upon you

Pakistani government, succumbing once again to non-Muslim pressures, has banned Jamaatud Dawah and sealed all their accounts and offices, arresting many of its office holders, leaders and activists.

The UNSC has banned four individuals of JD. The interesting bit is that one of those banned, Haji Muhammad Ashraf, died six months ago.

The other interesting bit is that no evidence of involvement of JD or its leaders in terrorism has been provided. India keeps saying that evidence of their involvement has been found, but that evidence does not see light. Obviously this is just pressure, and the Pak government, always eager to please its non-Muslim masters, dances to their tune.

Just a few minutes ago, Fazlur Rehman of JUI has asked the same question. Where and what is the evidence?

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008 03:03 PM »

Salam

Who exactly is this group? Jamaat ad-Dawah? same as Jamaat atTableegh?

Slm
S.
timbuktu
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2008 04:45 PM »

peace be upon you

JD is the successor welfare organization of Lashkare Tayyaba a little before the latter was banned. Neither the LeT, nor the DJ are terrorist organizations. LeT operated in Afghanistan against the Soviet occupation, and after the Soviets has concentrated on Kashmir, fighting the Indian occupation forces, not the ordinary civilians. Their only known civilian targets have been informers, and that too after giving them warnings.

The groups known for attacks on civilians have been the BSF (Bharat Border Security Force, the Indian occupation force). The only Muslim group for such attacks were not Mujahideen, but renegades. These were a part of BSF (st least funded and supplied by BSF), and were called the army of Jabbar or alJabbareen. They were targets of the MUjahideen, and have now disappeared.

LeT was so welcomed by the population that Hindus insisted they come to their areas, as the BSF personnel in their lust did not spare even their co-religionists. Rape of Hindu girls by the BSF have been reported to the LeT and the LeT has attacked BSF bases.

India wants Pakistan to ban all activity that supports the Kashmiris in their struggle.

LeT was banned by Pakistan following US and UK bans, but no evidence has been provided by anyone of terrorist activity.

JD has concentrated on welfare work, and was the first and the most effective aid giver and supplier to earthquake affectees in Northern Pakistan and Kashmir. Similarly in the recent Baluchistan quake.

They follow pure Quran and Sunnah, and give dawah for the same, but do not make any sectarian attacks or against the Pak army. You can call them Salafi, but they are not extremists like those who are involved in a tit-for-tat in Algeria, Egypt etc.

Zardari is Shia, and naturally hates any one with a clear concept of Tawheed. Prior to him, Musharraf had banned 98 books including Kitabut Tawheed by Imam Muhammad bin Abdul Wahab, and Taqwiyyatul Eemaan by Shah Ismail Shaheed.

There is absolutely no substance in the allegations that LeT or the JD are involved in terrorism.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008 04:27 PM »

Banning Charity, Penalizing Pakistanis 

14/12/2008 08:07:00 PM GMT    Comments (0)      Add a comment    Print      E-mail to friend 

TANDO MOHAMMAD KHAN — Usman Tunio knows nothing about the UN Security Council and Jamaat-ul-Dawa (JD), and could not care less. But when the Islamabad government banned the JD after a similar UN Security Council resolution, it hit closest to his heart.
"I don’t know what the UN and Jamaat-ul-Dawa are. What I know is that my mother will not get treatment free of charge anymore," Tunio, 42, a farmer from the small town of Tando Mohammad Khan outside Karachi, told IslamOnline.

His mother has been receiving free treatment from Tuberculosis at a small hospital in their town.

It turned out to be one of 156 hospitals and clinics operated by DJ, where medical services are provided to the poor free of charge.

The UN Security Council issued last week a resolution banning JD over links to Lashkar-e-Taiba (LT), the outlawed group India blames for the Mumbai attacks.

Reacting swiftly, Pakistan closed down all JD offices, schools and hospitals across the country, including the one where Tunio's sick mother was being treated.

"I have no idea about (alleged) terrorist activities in which JD is involved," says the father of four who earns $55 a month.

"They never asked about my political or religious affiliation. They simply helped me because I am needy," he added.

Headquartered some 30 kilometers north of Lahore, JD has established itself as one of biggest charity organizations in the South Asian Muslim country.

Founded by Hafiz Saeed, a former professor of Islamic studies at University of Engineering Lahore, it runs 200 schools and 156 hospitals and clinics, where services are provided to the poor free of charge.

Penalized

For Tunio, clamping down on the JD's charity work will hurt thousands of people who just have nothing to do with politics.

"I can understand the closure of offices and so-called training centers, if the government has proofs, but I cannot understand the logic behind closure of hospitals and schools," he fumes.

"Are the people being treated there terrorists?"

Tunio laments that the government has never been there for his family when they needed help.

"The government functionaries go abroad for medical treatment at state expenses whereas people like us cannot get a bottle of syrup free of charge even from state-run hospitals."

Adding insult to injury, it is now stripping them off the only available source of help.

"Now, who will provide medical treatment to my ailing mother? The UN or India?!"

Umer Khan, who had been teaching English and science at one of the JD closed schools for the past three years, feels Tunio's pain.

"I'm the only earner of my family. Where will we go to earn our livelihood?"

Khan blames the government for ignoring the plight of thousands of Pakistanis whose lives will be damaged by the closure of the JD.

"Instead of creating new jobs, the government is depriving us of our income."

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi admitted on Sunday, December 14, there is no evidence yet that Jamaat-ud-Dawa is a political front for LT.

Premier Yusuf Raza Gilani also said that JD's charitable institutions will be allowed to function after plans to snap all the links between the charities and militant groups.

But for Noor Khaskheli, this will not do much help to his children, who have been studying in a JD school.

"I'm a poor man. I can’t afford to send my schools to even the government schools," he told IOL.

"They had not been studying here only but also getting books, and uniform from the school administration," added Khaskheli, a worker at a local sugar mill.

"This is a big blow for people like us."

He can't understand the logic for closing schools and hospitals at a time the government admits there is no proof of JD’s involvement in Mumbai attacks.

"If a ban on JD is essential, then close down its offices, but there is no need to close down schools and hospitals because they are not serving terrorists but poor people like us.

"We have nothing to do with Mumbai attacks or any other terrorist activities. Why are we being penalized?"

Source: IslamOnline

timbuktu
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2008 07:39 AM »

peace be upon you

Minorities protest ban on JuD

Minorities protest restrictions on suspect charity

Updated at: 0800 PST, Wednesday, December 17, 2008   
KARACHI: About 300 members of Hindu and Christian communities demonstrated in Pakistan in support of a Muslim charity accused of being a front for the militant group blamed for the Mumbai terrorist attacks.

Most of the protesters Tuesday in Hyderabad, 110 miles (180kilometers) north of Karachi, were women from Sindh province's Thar Desert.

Bhai Chand, a Hindu community leader, said Pakistani government restrictions recently imposed on Jamaat-ud-Dawa threatened their livelihood because the charity has set up a network of water wells in the desert.

“The charity would always come to help us,'' Chand said. “I do not buy it that they are terrorists when they have always been helping us even though we are not Muslims.''

The protesters carried banners reading, “Are those who give shelter to the shelterless and those who give water to the thirsty terrorists?'' and “Do not ban our savior!''

The government acting after the United Nations declared the charity a terrorist group and a front for Lashkar-e-Taiba, which is blamed for the Mumbai attacks that killed more than 160 people has shuttered all of its offices, arrested scores of activists and put its entire leadership under house arrest.

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said at U.N. headquarters in New York that she understands that “there are so-called charitable activities,'' but that the U.S. “learned the hard way, that sometimes these are too intertwined with organizations that have terrorist ties.''
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2008 05:19 PM »

Pakistan: Children protest UN action on charity

Pakistan children condemn UN action against charity alleged linked to Mumbai suspects

Staff
AP News

Dec 17, 2008 05:42 EST

More than 100 children have rallied against the United Nations for branding the Pakistani charity that runs their schools a terrorist front.

The girls and boys protesting Wednesday in Karachi claim the U.N.'s move is hampering their studies.

One young protester held a sign addressed to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon that said, "Uncle Ban Ki-moon, please don't scare me."

India blames Pakistan-based militant group Lashkar-e-Taiba for November's assault in Mumbai that killed more than 160 people.

The U.N. soon afterward said the Jamaat-ud-Dawa charity was simply a front for Lashkar.

Pakistan has since shut scores of the charity's offices. That has upset many of its beneficiaries, leading to several protests.

Source: AP News
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: