Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Did you know.....?  (Read 1236 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Dec 17, 2008 05:51 AM »

....that this version of the board has been up for one year now (well according to my roughish estimates given the early posts)  bro

For those of you who read The Economist (as I used to do in my younger days) they do this thing every year called "The World in 2008" summarising news events during 2008.

I always thought it would have been great if we could have had "The Madina in 2008" summarising the ups and the downs, the highs and the lows, the laughter and the tears associated with this little online community of ours as represented by threads posted during the year.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2008 11:20 AM »

ws,

the other day i was looking for something and was like WHERE IS IT! i know it wasn't that long ago but couldn't find it. then i looked in the archives and there it was! i forget this new board is only a year old... yayyyyyyyyyyy  happy anniversary.

hmm this year...

Jan 2008 - new board, sr. kathy loves ' read unread posts since last visit', sisters demand sisters-only board, JustOne shocks every1 by getting married
Feb 2008 - siddiqui asks for preferences for coffee in the CHAI cafe, hard2hit tries to lock his own topics
March 2008 - faiza posts on what sisters can do for america
April 2008 - admin disappears to egypt
May 2008 -
June 2008 - changed some themes on some boards, love and hearts makes the sisters gag
July 2008 - sadat misses deadline to post intro, he's deleted and begs for more time, every1 posts travel horror stories
Aug 2008 - brkhalid starts early recruiting for ramadan diaries
Sept 2008 - ramadan spikes up the # of guests, new quran feature, anonymous board now truly anonymous to anonymous madinans protest
Oct 2008 - spent the month posting in the poetry threads, cheese gets banned finally, added ads
Nov 2008 - tabriz sparks giving to beggars debate, blackrose petitions for new elections board, split off halfmydeen.org
Dec 2008 - added Arabic text, blessedgrandma looks for snow, nuh teases sisters by posting in the brothers board

lol i'll add more later
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2008 08:16 PM »

hahaha

wating for the rest Jannahh!

salaamz
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2008 02:49 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Excellent stuff jannah!!

Next year I'm going to start recruiting for the Ramadhan diaries even earlier and there should be even more punitive action should less than 30 people sign up!!!  Wink

But what happened to May, did we all fall asleep?  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2008 08:12 PM »

ws,

I couldn't find anything for May Cheesy What were we doing that month??? hehe not sure...

Well here's to another good, beneficial year inshaAllah!!

bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2008 10:30 AM »

hahaha hilarious!  i made the news!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: