// Hey, what are you doing for the next 17 years?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Family: The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his own family, and I am the best of you towards my family.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, what are you doing for the next 17 years?  (Read 3225 times)
nuh
« on: Dec 18, 2008 02:30 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

Keep your eyes on the prize - Jannah that is!

I just did some quick math...

If you memorize just one verse of the quran a day it takes just a little more than 17 years to become a hafiz insha'allah! I have wasted twice that already.

Sufyaan ath-Thawree (ra), said:
There is no deed better than seeking knowledge if the intention is correct.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2008 05:28 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum,

Subhan'Allah, I was just doing a calculation on some other goal I had, but this one is even better!

Seventeen years is nothing! I just have to work on the whole "revising what I know" part... For those who have memorized, that takes more time than actually memorizing, doesn't it?

I had a teacher once (wife of a modern scholar) who said that if she didn't memorize the whole Qur'aan by the time her "time was up," she would die trying. Great inspiration, masha'Allah. Just have to get our intention in check (you get the reward of what you intended, insha'Allah).

Jazaakum Allahu khayran,
sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
faatimahbintabdullah has no influence :(

Love your brother and sister for the sake of Allah

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2009 01:03 AM »

This is a great question

My husband and our family plain go to back egypt after paying off everything and once the boys are able to talk  he is going to teach the memerize the quran.

My Allah guide my son to the righteous path
Mohammed AbdulMaged Elsayed 10/19/08 2months and three weeks
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2009 04:57 PM »

WOW.. interesting! Baby steps to Jannah Smiley

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2009 01:26 PM »

Right!! This is exactly what i planned to do!! I am keeping it 18 years though, to be on the safe side.
People usually learn 6-7 verse a day and that completes it in 2-3 years. I thought i cant do that so let it be 18 years. Jannat is the goal so whats the hurry........
Can you give me any memorization tips (imagine I need that even for one verse a day!!!!......but i really do!! Cheesy)
JenBean71
Sis

JenBean71 has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2009 11:45 PM »

salamsmiley

Mashallah this is great inspiration

I would leave in the morning for work with a piece of paper with one ayat written down.

I keep it in my office and glance at it and try to keep it in my mind with the meaning.

Then after work I would forbid myself from entering my apartment until it was memorized.

it takes much practice inshaAllah May Allah increase us all in Quran memorization inshaAllah, Ameen

May Allah bless and protect you and your families always, and may His peace and blessings be upon our beloved Messenger and his family and companions,
 ameensmiley

The unity of all, perceptible to even bystanders, is the Oneness that inspired it, a sea without shores, subject me to this sea.
Akram
Bro

Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2012 09:16 AM »

I am trying to find straight path of Jannah.

I think this is the straight patht.
La Ilaha Illalallah.
There is none to be obeyed without Allah.
What do you think?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: