Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Coffee for the heart*
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Coffee for the heart*  (Read 3140 times)
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« on: Dec 18, 2008 03:04 PM »

Coffee for the heart*

There are nights when I couldn't sleep, and I'm not sure why.
The doctors are telling me; you should lead a healthy life.

But there is a voice inside telling me that I'm suppose to cry,
and I'm still trying to figure out why I like living lies.

You know I could never really count all the things you've given me,
and when you take you're really giving.  But that is not what I always see!

So I carry on taking and living my life, and I send you all my bills.
You know it feels good in the Morning, but yet at Night times it kills.

Still, I can't sleep and the doctors are telling me that I need to lead a healthy life.  
What amazes me the most is how much you love to give, even though I take and don't give thanks but you still give.

So I carry on with my life taking and the doctors are keep telling me that I need to lead a healthy life.
Even now my heart is asleep, but it amazes me how my heart goes to sleep and wakes up again.

If there is a coffee for the heart, hock me up with a life supply,
because I wanna make sure that my heart is alive, so I can close my eyes.

There are those who wake up every Morning, and there hearts are still asleep,
and I can't even close my eyes, without this coffee of mine,

So I keep taking and living my life, and I send you all my bills,
and between me and you; it does't even feel good in the Morning, and at Night times it kills.

There are nights when I couldn't sleep, but now I know why.
And the doctors are keep telling me; you should lead a healthy life.

[Moral: Purify your heart, so you can live a healthy life]

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Siham
Sis

Reputation Power: 23
Siham barely matters :(Siham barely matters :(

Tranquil Heart

« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2009 08:23 PM »

The Two Monks

There were a story of two monks on a pilgrimage, and they come across, in a village, they come across a young 17-year-old girl with a long kimono trying to cross a very muddy road, but she's not daring to step into the mud.

So one monk picks her up, carries her across the road through the mud, puts her down. And so the monks walk on in silence for another four or five hours, just practicing noble silence.

And then, after four or five hours, they're getting close to their destination, one monk says to the monk who had picked up the girl, "Oh, you know, you shouldn't have done that because we monks are not supposed to even to touch women.

So you really, you shouldn't have picked up that girl. You're not supposed to do that." And so the other monk says, "Oh, are you still carrying that girl? I put her down hours ago."

The other monk was still carrying the girl, the event in his head.

[Moral: Learn to let go of the past.]

"Do not treat people with contempt, nor walk insolently on the earth. Allah does not love the arrogant or the self-conceited boaster. Be modest in your bearing and subdue your voice, for the most unpleasant of voices is the braying of the ass." [The Holy Qur'an, Surah Luqman - 31:18-19]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
 Madinat al-Muslimeen CommunityBeyond City LifeThe Silk RoadIslamic PoetryTopic: Coffee for the heart*
Jump to: