Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the Ppl we Miss thread.........:(  (Read 10642 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 20, 2008 08:37 AM »

salam,

So I miss maliha's beautiful reflections and poetry (i know i know! motherhood 2 kids etc etc), bhaloo's cow jokes and sufi-fighting (even tho we didn't agree on a lot of moderating issues), jaihoon's poetry (even tho he posts every blue moon its not the same), faizah's intellectual discourses (where is she!!?), justone's witty comments on dumb guys (got married to a good one so i guess that's a good thing lol), saleema's political commentary (tho she posted once or twice lately), lala's no nonsense nyc-person posts (altho i just saw one yay), siddiqui's recipes, asim (if u guys remember him) quran word of the day expansions, abdulbasir's great reflections on hajj (he didn't go this year but still no posts!?, se7en & abu-hamza's interesting debates (yeah after they got married it was all too easy to be boring Tongue), oh who else......... Huh?
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008 10:25 AM »

i totally miss maliha.... i was just thinking about her the other day. 
and bhaloo just disappeared. 
also.... tesseract ... no idea what happened to him.

and the people who have remained: i feel all of us have become so glum by things happening in our personal lives and on the global front. we need to have one giant online BYOB party (bring your own bebzi) to make us feel better.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2008 03:52 PM »

How about Bro Hanif.
Anyone know how he's doing?
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2008 06:23 PM »

salaam

there was also Muslim4ever and Ehsan and Nadiyaa and someone named Faisal who was here bak then.. and remember dude and mike
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2008 08:12 AM »

salaam

I guess many among us are so busy with own lives that they fail to do justice for our e-ties. Nevertheless that doesn't mean mean Madina is out of their hearts  Wink

At times it's about  alarm otherwise it's about forgetfulness.

MADINA has been a great learing point and will contiune to be, insha Allah.

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2008 02:40 AM »

wsalaam,

yes true indeed jaihoon. brohanif seems to be fine, busy with his family and what not in england. tesseract got married too... lol we tend to lose ppl during the first few years of marriage Smiley but hopefully they'll come back inshallah.

agreed that we've all had some tough times lately. we should take a step, back, stop complaining or using the board as a vent and remain positive for each other inshaAllah... (a vent or pet peeve every so often is fine, but when we're posting every single problem we have in life without any positive it does get very depressing)

ws
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2008 03:57 AM »

salaams all,

It is hard to keep up with this place, let alone life. I donno, but personally I've been working harder at work..and in my alone time at home, just not using the computer as much as I used to. Maybe it's old age? Dunno

Do miss all of yall though

-peace 
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2008 06:06 AM »

Assalam Alykum,

Life has me so busy. What can I say? Hey, what happened to Kashif? And whatever happened to Br. Khalid? I mis bhalooooooooooooo... Bhaloo where are you and are you married yet? I really would like to know of all the people who have gotten married and have kids now.

Anyway, I"m in the process of "finding myself." I have a lot of questions but no answers. So that's the reason I'm so "quite" on the board. I linger though, sometimes without signing in.

I have a daughter who will be turning 3 in January inshallah! Those of you who are on facebook can see her pics.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2008 06:08 AM »

Oh and PS: Some of you are so dear to my heart that no matter where I'm at, or what I'm doing I can't forget about you guys.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2008 08:42 AM »

ws,

Ooo yes I forgot about Kashif where would we be without his straight forward islam talk!! bhaloo has always been married with kids ever since he joined the board...my goodness i wonder if his kids are teenagers! that's certainly enough to keep one busy. brkhalid is still around tho he disappears for long periods of time...maybe he has a job on a cruise ship or something? (suspicious) hmm maybe u mean AbuKhaled?? he posts maybe once a few years on average Smiley

And yeah good 'ole Mike I miss his no nonsense posts that balanced our whining out...sigh

here's our bropraying duas for everyone doing well wherever they are...

ws
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2008 08:44 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Indeed, where are all the brothers out there?

Asim,  Bhaloo, Kashif, Abu Hamza,  AbdulBasir and last but not least AbuKhaled?

Btw,my apologies, I didn’t mean to startle. I’m just heading back to Mauritius for a few weeks so took the opportunity to redress any wrongs as is the wont when one goes on a journey.

InshaAllah I’ll be back in the New Year (Islamic and Gregorian) and will be wondering why Mauritius is not down on Jannah’s top 10 places to visit? Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2008 08:58 AM »

wsalam,

I’m just heading back to Mauritius for a few weeks
island boater

AHA! I knew it!! Mauritius is the next port of call is it Wink No problemmmmm... Enjoy with the family inshaAllah! Please take some pictures to share so I can bump it up to one of the top 10 Smiley

Indeed please make dua for us on your journey.

ws

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2008 01:27 PM »

assalamualaikum

i miss Mr. Bean.  he was an awfully troublesome fella.  i wish he'd reappear so I could give him one last (deserved) smack on the head. i think he is the only walking, live brain donor i've ever met.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2008 06:16 PM »

salaam

what about bulwark of islam or was that tesseract?
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2008 09:51 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I miss all of you guys too... I was just thinking the other day about how many awesome people I've met and benefitted from through the board, and how Allah (swt) even gave some of us the honor of meeting and getting to know each other in real life too!  Subhan'Allah, there are people Allah puts in our lives, that we never could have imagined would be part of our rizq... ppl who may be living on the other side of the world or who we never would have met if it wasn't for themadina!  It's pretty crazy.

Here is a pic of one of the big reasons I haven't been posting much these days:

Smiley  Masha'Allah Ibrahim is about four months old now and is keeping me busy  Wink

masha'Allah la quwatta illa billah Smiley

ps trust me me and abu hamza still have our debates boxing

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2008 08:47 PM »

He's soooo beautiful, congrats.
That is a perfectly wonderful reason to be away from the board.
Ikramuddin
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ikramuddin has no influence :(

« Reply #16 on: Dec 28, 2008 08:28 AM »

Salam,

Maybe some ppl just come by and read without logging in or posting  Wink
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #17 on: Dec 28, 2008 09:53 AM »

very cute baby, mashaAllah. love the yellow! 
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #18 on: Dec 29, 2008 12:57 AM »

salam

What happened to br himy??  He always posted strangely funny things. Also wonder about sr. Noura, nouha, and princess!  Remember princess from the very old board, with her "don't hate" phrase?? :-)   And there was also also sister Nazia. 

Umm Wafi does not post as much too.  I can understand coz I  went through a very depressed state after my mom died last year and lost interest in everything.  I hope you are doing well Umm Wafi.

Maliha I hope is well. I hope her mom is well too.

I worry about MF or countlessblessings.  I hope that there will be some good news about some of her relatives ...

Saleema, I miss you too.  Find yourself quick , eh? 

I disappear when I get busy.  I do come by just to read and check on people. 

Se7en, masha'Allah, Ibraheem is cute.  Mubarak.

Take care and hope to hear from everyone.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #19 on: Dec 29, 2008 07:07 AM »

Actally, the pic of Ibrahim made me smile!  Maasha-Allah!  Congratulations Sis Se7en and may your bundle of joy bring abudant blessings to your family.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
mike
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 0
mike has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Dec 29, 2008 05:55 PM »

How about Bro Hanif.
Anyone know how he's doing?

Wow,  He was the 1st one i ever mad a friendship with online.  Mujy was the second I think.  He was way funny.  Anyways,  It has been a while since I have been on here and I open up a thread and people actually remembered me.  In case anyone wants to know, life is good and now I get to live my sports life through my boys.  The older one is 9 and he wil lbe tall,  He is  5'2" and wears a size 8 1/2 shoe.  Yikes, I think i was 14 when I was that tall.  The younger one doesn't seem like he will be as tall, but the doctor said he should be 6'2" or so.  The love baseball, golf, football and the older one is just starting water polo.  Other than that,  just thought i would say hi. 
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Dec 29, 2008 10:34 PM »

BroHanif's pretty good.. he's on facebook like HImy is. I think it's taking over the world!! So I had to get off for awhile.

Anyway speaking of tall kids, some friend's of ours have a 14 year old son and he's 6' 0"!~!!!!!!!!!!1111 no joke...dunno what's gonna happen to him.. he might just keep going!!
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #22 on: Dec 30, 2008 10:33 PM »

Oh se7en your baby is adorable! Plus he has an uncanny resemblance to my baby brother, therefore even cuter in my eyes Smiley

Wassalam
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2009 11:01 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

I think Sr Um aboodi was reading my mind when she mentioned her people!!

I can't but help think of Sr Nazia when I read a particular verse from Al Imraan because she used to quote it all the time. I trust she and Z are doing well.

InshaAllah I hope the court case goes well for Countlessblessings and we hope Sr Barr isn't suffering too much from PHD (Post Hajj Depression), we've all been there!!!

As the 'ole saying goes, "don't hate....participate"  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Barr
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Barr has no influence :(

« Reply #24 on: Jan 07, 2009 12:38 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum,

MashaALlah, se7en,the 'lil cutie looks like you! Smiley Sorry, Arsalan  Grin

As for the PhD... it's hard to forget a beautiful experience, mashaAllah. I don't think I'm suffering from it though (no, not denial). The longing is there, and would always be there. And I hope I'll never forget what my heart felt when I was there. But the larger struggle is to hv one's heart to re-orientate and re-focus and re-hajj one's life -amidst the distractions and being out of the sanctuaries of the Haram and ihram. Subhanallah.. it's soooo hard.
 :'(

(Harder than getting over the embarrassment of old threads popping up. Pleeez, I know you miss the old times, but please spare the rest of us.)

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: