// Buy this, not that! The 125 Healthiest Supermarket Foods in America
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Civility: The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy this, not that! The 125 Healthiest Supermarket Foods in America  (Read 2964 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 23, 2008 11:15 AM »

A link to a few articles from these are great books. I'm seriously gonna buy 'em. They tell you what to eat and what not to eat, what to buy, what not to buy. Good stuff to make us all more informed.

The 125 Healthiest Supermarket Foods in America

http://www.menshealth.com/eatthis/Best-Grocery-Foods/best_cereal.php
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2008 04:39 PM »

so its says the reduced fat organic milk is best. But I thought the fat in milk is not good at all for you.  I wonder why they didnt put the fat free milk.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2008 12:16 AM »

What is surprising is hardly anyone recommends goats milk which is much easier digested by humans
than cows milk. Goats milk is naturally homogenized.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2008 06:09 AM »

I think it's because goat milk tastes gross??  milklaugh The main thing I got from that is buy anything that says 100% whole wheat!! and stick with things with less ingredients and the outer two rows of the supermarket!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: