// You've read the book, now see the film....
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You've read the book, now see the film....  (Read 1851 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Dec 14, 2008 08:04 AM »

....one for Br AbdulBasir and Sr Jannah methinks  bro

In 1926, an Austrian-born Ashkenazi Jew, journalist Leopold Weiss, decided to convert to Islam. Having been raised in (and subsequently disowned by) a Jewish family, Weiss - or Muhammad Asad as he became known - found himself fascinated by his adopted home of Palestine and the lives of the Bedouin Arabs he encountered. Following his conversion, Asad become one of the most influential and inspirational Muslims of the century and a key thinker of his time. In 'A Road To Mecca - The Journey Of Muhammad Asad', Austrian filmmaker George Misch follows his footsteps, retracing the journey Asad made through the Arab world to Mecca, as a way of reflecting on today's Arab world and contemporary relations between East and West. His film is a deeply thoughtful, intelligent and human portrait of both an extraordinary man and a region in the flux of change.

http://www.dubaifilmfest.com/en/films-explorer/?id=1663

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2008 04:09 PM »

THAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I'm so excited!!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss I wonder how we can get ahold of the film! It's more documentary than my 'planned epic gladiator like movie' but I'll take it Smiley

ws
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: