// Winter for the Believer
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Only from the heart Can you touch the sky. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Winter for the Believer  (Read 2422 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 24, 2008 10:41 AM »

Bismillah

While many of us are cold, complaining of the weather, our past predecessors rejoiced at the coming of this season….Why?

The best season to a believer is the winter, its nights are long for those who wish to pray, and its days are short for those who wish to fast” Al Hasan Al Basri.

It is reported from Abu Hurayrah – Allah be pleased with him – that he said:

Shall I not point you to comfortable proceeds? People responded, “And what is that o Abu Hurayrah?” He replied, “Fasting in winter.”

It is reported from ‘Umar – Allah be pleased with him – that he said:

Winter is booty for the devout worshippers.

It is reported from ‘Ubayd bin ‘Umayr – Allah have mercy on him – that he said:

It used to be said when winter came: O people of the Qur`an, the night has become long so you can pray (more) and the day has become short for you to fast.

Abu Nu’aym, Hilyah Al-Awliyaa`.

It is reported from the famous worshipper Rabi’ah – Allah have mercy on her – that she said:

I have never heard the adhan except that I remember the caller who will announce the Day of Resurrection, and I never see the falling snow except that I imagine the flying pages of the records of peoples deeds (on that day), and I never see swarms of locusts except that I think about the Great Gathering on the Last Day.

Ibn Al-Jawzi, Sifah Al-Safwah Vol. 2 p433.
sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2008 05:23 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum,

Beautiful reminders, thank you. I needed that (seeing as another lil storm is on its way to Albany!).
 Kiss
-sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2009 10:11 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

“The best season to a believer is the winter, its nights are long for those who wish to pray, and its days are short for those who wish to fast”

You know this is so very true especially when you come from further North when the day/night can be quite significantly different in summer and winter!!!

I'm sure the UK guys on the board would agree.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: