Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Do you want your wife to smell like a fruit? Chocolate? Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014 06:53 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Do you want your wife to smell like a fruit? Chocolate?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: What do you prefer your wife to smell like
Just simply clean and fresh   -3 (50%)
Like a flower   -1 (16.7%)
Fruity and food smelling   -1 (16.7%)
I have no prefer   -1 (16.7%)
Totally unscented   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Do you want your wife to smell like a fruit? Chocolate?  (Read 8982 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reps: 61

« on: Dec 24, 2008 09:02 PM »

As a woman I have yet to understand why some women like to smell like
a fruit, or a veggie Cheesy or a Hershey Chocolate bar.
Theres so many lotions and potions that make a woman smell
like a cucumber or a mellon or a blueberry or chocolate or a cherry.
Others like myself prefer flowers and fresh smells like linin, roses, jasmine, lavender.
I'm curious what you brothers prefer as married woman of course wanna
please and be attractive for their hubbys.
What scents do you prefer your wives (or future wife) to smell like.
corny  or  cookie or  flowerbullet
or a  cow
pearl
Sis

Reps: 63

« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2008 02:15 AM »

As a woman I have yet to understand why some women like to smell like
a fruit, or a veggie Cheesy or a Hershey Chocolate bar.
Theres so many lotions and potions that make a woman smell
like a cucumber or a mellon or a blueberry or chocolate or a cherry.

A few years ago some researchers did a "blind smell test" to determine which scents men find the most attractive on women.  Believe it or not, the scent of fresh cucumber topped the list!
JustOne
Sis

Reps: 172

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2008 06:38 AM »

oh sorry...i'm a sister.

but i was going to say aye to cucumber too.  and maybe lemongrass. i like "clean" smells.
Faizah
Sis

Reps: 31

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2008 10:33 PM »

I'm really not into the "food" scents but admit that I like Bath & Body Works'  Warm Vanilla Sugar and have so much of it that I won't need to buy any for at least 6 months (self imposed ban on going into the store). 

Fa'izah
faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

Reps: 1

Love your brother and sister for the sake of Allah

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2009 08:39 PM »

For me it depends on what mood I am in for example if am in a fruity mood I wear something fruity but if I am in a sophisticated mood I wear something that modern

My Allah guide my son to the righteous path
Mohammed AbdulMaged Elsayed 10/19/08 2months and three weeks
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reps: 5

« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009 05:02 PM »

A topic for brothers, 249 views, and four replies...by sisters

Where are all the men?
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2009 08:49 AM »

This is kind of a personal question. I wouldn't want to answer either!! Like if someone asked me, what smell do you think is attractive on your husband i'd be like none of your business!!

Plus I really think it should be a personal thing between a husband and wife.

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reps: 61

« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2009 09:38 AM »

Oh for goodness sakes, it wasn't like I was asking their wife's bra size, blood type or how many times a year they have sex,
It was just a curiosity thread, I had wondered if the smelling like a fruit was more a women thing than a man thing.
I can care less if someone wanted their wife to smell like curried goat, a watermellon or a snickers bar.
geeesh
Fozia
Sis

Reps: 1245

« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2009 09:50 AM »

salam

I think the brothers dont answer because they're scared, like we'll go you should allow your wife to smell like chocolate if she makes the effort.

I dont think the question was improper at all.

Has anyone noticed tho, that scents smell slightly different on each wearer, except for the really pungent scents the lighter ones tend to adapt to the wearer.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2009 03:28 PM »

Salaams,

I'd say simply clean and fresh. Because to be that, you wash your hair with pantene and take bath with (fragranced) soap. And to top it off, any light girly perfume on her would work for me (note: there are girly perfumes and then there are auntie like perfumes, theres a difference!).

What really keeps me attracted is wifey's artistry with her eye makeup. She has tutorial videos from youtube and keeps trying those smokey eyes etc.

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #10 on: Jan 06, 2009 10:18 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Maybe all the brothers are in shock that you can get chocolate scented lotion?  Wink

And besides the Madina wouldn't be the Madina if a question to the brothers wasn't hijacked by all the Sisters!! jk  bro

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reps: 185

« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2009 02:30 PM »

And besides the Madina wouldn't be the Madina if a question to the brothers wasn't hijacked by all the Sisters!!

Loool!! This is so true!! Usually I shy away from the bro's site... but sometimes i am curious. Like this topic. I don't know why- but I wanted to know what brothers would say. I even voted so I could see the results!!!!!!!!!!

Sure every guy is an individual and considering there is a million fragrances out there I wonder how many are made for women to buy for themselves and how many please the husband.

So I wonder as a general rule- do men like the spicy, flowery, fruity, or powdery fresh.

I have no clue what the difference in an Auntie smell and a wifely smell. Please tell me!

Lool... when my husband and i were in the first years of our marriage he bought his mother and me the same perfume!!!!!!!!!!!! At the time I thought that was mentally sick Oedipus complex stuff and refused to wear it! Poor guy... you should have seen the look in his eyes when I threw it in the trash.  I was wrong to do this- I will blame it on hormones.... the sad thing is... he never bought me perfume again.... :'(

women...

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Jan 06, 2009 04:03 PM »

salam

Nooooo, you've always got to graciously accept gifts, unless it's something riiilllly awful, then accept it and then later on kind of persuade him it's not your style, he would like you in something else entirely.

Men are clueless about scents for women, they will go out and buy you the scent you always wear (if they know it), or do exactly as the sales person advises.

Aunty smell I would think would be very heavy thick scent, think 'Eden' one squirt and you can be smelled approaching from a mile away.

I'm trying to figure out what scent I like, at the moment I prefer Ralph Lauren Romance, but I did get nina by nina ricci because it has chocolatey tones (apparently) but mostly because I had to have the bottle (shallow moi?). I tried Ghost and thats too over powering for me (so gave it to my sister), and Yves Saint Laurent's baby doll had a riillly cute bottle but it's also a little too sweet so my sister has that too, I really want to try Jean paul gaultiers fragile but you can only get a bottle of about a million litres which I do not want, given how expensive perfumes are and the fact I prolly wont like it because its the bottle that has the attraction for me..... My sister is benefitting hugely from my current pursuit in finding my signature scent.

The brothers on this board tend not to answer threads till the sisters have totally gotten the topic going and only then will a brother put in a random suggestion in the hopes we won't notice.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Jan 06, 2009 05:15 PM »

My abby is so picky when it comes to smell so he always buy what he likes for his wifes

BrKhalid
Bro

Reps: 273

« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2009 01:25 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

The brothers on this board tend not to answer threads till the sisters have totally gotten the topic going and only then will a brother put in a random suggestion in the hopes we won't notice.

rotfl

You know that's kind of harsh (probably very true) but still... bro

I wonder if there'll be a surge in Muslim Husbands buying their wives scent at the weekend  Huh?

Forget the Oprah effect we could have our own Blessedgrandma effect  Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2009 04:21 PM »

Newsflash-
I was flipping through the channels yesterday and stopped on a tv show and they were talking about how to get a man to ask you to marry. One tip was to wear perfume that smells like vanilla! Men want a wife who will bake!

CountlessBlessings
Sis

Reps: 79

« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2009 10:45 PM »

Fozia girl don't they have perfume testers in the UK? lol
I admit I like the fruity stuff.  I also like rosewater smells. I never buy perfume because usually I'll like it through about a third of the bottle and then I'll get sick of it forever and ever.  It seems like a waste to me.
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2009 10:51 PM »

salam

The big department stores, they kinda chase you down the aisles sprtizing you with perfume, and if you find you don't like the scent well you're stuck with it till you get home and shower!
Fozia girl don't they have perfume testers in the UK? lol
The other kind of testers they do are on these little strips, like how does one tell what the scent will smell like on you from a sprtized piece of paper???

I feel too cheap asking for actual little mini testers, but perhaps you are right, perhaps I really should say 'please may I have a little tester of whatever'....and then buy a ridiculously expensive eyeliner or something to prove I aint cheap!

Wassalaam

Sr.Kathy
Sis

« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2009 03:13 AM »

About perfume... I am so confused about when we can wear it and when we can't.  For sure we can't wear it when going to the masjid.
I have read if your with your hubby it is ok.
I have read if you are going to pass by guys than you can't wear it.
then what happens if your with your hubby and out in public?
I have read it is ok if the scent can only be smelled by you- ie so light on the neck. But from a personal weird experience i won't believe this is possible.
I am an active mom. Taking kids to school, then to sports, pta meetings etc... This means is i am homebound i can wear perfume...but what mother is homebound? And it is a day at home- then your son's friends come over...
Some say perfume with musk is a no no, othrs talk about the color of the perfume...
I love it...but afraid to wear it!

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2009 09:29 AM »

salam

I spritz once on my neck and thats it, also a reason why I buy small bottles as they last longer than I remain attached to the scent.
I spritz about half an hour before leaving the house, by which time I dont think the scent can be smelled from regular body space distance, I'm sure if I hug people they'd smell it but other than that regular distance I dont think they would. But then I prefer very light scents I cant bear heavy scents they actually trigger migranes in me!!!

I'm pretty sure if I could be smelled from several feet my girls would say.

I never knew that about musk or colour, perfume comes in all colours these days, what's the ruling on colour?

Wassalaam

faatimahbintabdullah
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2009 09:31 PM »

I have learn to put scents and make up on when I know am not going anywhere like a couple of hours before dinner because DH want to go somewhere he just says come on and I rand out the house with everything on and trying to wipe it off in the car no fun at all lol purplehijabisis

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Do you want your wife to smell like a fruit? Chocolate?

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines