Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I am happy even before I have a reason. -Hafiz
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palestinian Holocaust museum  (Read 4402 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Dec 31, 2008 03:35 PM »

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/index.shtml

The link is from Islam Online, has some pics everyone needs to see.  We can get anaesthetised to their suffering so quickly...

May Allah swt help us all, remove their suffering and oppression! ameen.

Wslm
S.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2008 05:33 PM »

assalamualaikum

i am sorry. but i think despite the suffering of the Palestinians, this is an abuse of the term holocust.

everbody claims to have their own holocust, their own 9/11, their own genocide...etc.

the holocust was the systematic extermination of the jewish people.  the oppression of the palestinians is not of this kind.

i think muslims need to careful about these things.  by highlighting one people's sufferings (palestinians), one shouldn't trivialize another people's sufferings (the jews during WWII), which is what this amounts to....

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2008 06:55 PM »

Is this not a systematic extermination of the Palestinians? I don't know about you but I saw pictures of mass graves. What did they say.. over 55% of the 330+ killed were children under 18. I've seen the identity cards they need to carry. I've heard the stories of all the oppression they go through. Pregnant women dying at checkpoints. Men jailed for no reason. Homes razed, land taken. Aid and food cut off. Is there to be only one holocaust in history and that can only be for the Jews? Why does the term belong to them and not others. The Rwandans have been through a holocaust as have those in Sudan and now the Palestinians.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2009 03:37 AM »

A detailed meaning and usage of the word 'holocaust' is below, Lucid, for you to read. This is from dictionary.com

The killing of the Palestinians is systematic. It is planned. Many times it is shrouded in the same logic that Nazi Germany used to justify their horrific actions. Jews are outraged when you mention it, but the truth hurts I suppose. Sometimes it's hard to look in the mirror and see the monster you have become.

I am also saddened by the split amongst the Palestinains, with the Hamas and it's supporters on one side and with Fatah and it's supporters on the other.

I am also saddened that we can only offer words of comfort to the Palestinians. I am saddened that with so much oil wealth amassed, the Arab countries did not build their armies so they wouldn't have to be at the Mercy of other powers and cower in front of them. But whose fault is that? Not America's, not Colonial Britain, but theirs and theirs alone. Instead of building palaces they should have been building weapons like the western countries were.

There is another holocaust that took place in the 20th century, one that is not much widely known. It was the Armeninan holocaust, a systematic murder carried out by the Turkish people.

hol⋅o⋅caust   /ˈhɒləˌkɔst, ˈhoʊlə-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation  [hol-uh-kawst, hoh-luh-] Show IPA Pronunciation 

–noun 1. a great or complete devastation or destruction, esp. by fire.
2. a sacrifice completely consumed by fire; burnt offering.
3. (usually initial capital letter) the systematic mass slaughter of European Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II (usually prec. by the).
4. any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1200–50; ME < LL holocaustum (Vulgate) < Gk holókauston (Septuagint), neut. of holókaustos burnt whole. See holo-, caustic
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.
Cite This Source
Language Translation for : holocaust
Spanish:  holocausto,  German:  die Massenvernichtung,  Japanese:  大虐殺

View 30 other languages »
hol·o·caust    (hŏl'ə-kôst', hō'lə-)  Pronunciation Key 
n.   
Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life, especially by fire.

Holocaust The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II: "Israel emerged from the Holocaust and is defined in relation to that catastrophe" (Emanuel Litvinoff).
A massive slaughter: "an important document in the so-far sketchy annals of the Cambodian holocaust" (Rod Nordland).
A sacrificial offering that is consumed entirely by flames.

[Middle English, burnt offering, from Old French holocauste, from Latin holocaustum, from Greek holokauston, from neuter of holokaustos, burnt whole : holo-, holo- + kaustos, burnt (from kaiein, to burn).]
hol'o·caus'tal, hol'o·caus'tic adj.

Word History: Totality of destruction has been central to the meaning of holocaust since it first appeared in Middle English in the 14th century, used in reference to the biblical sacrifice in which a male animal was wholly burnt on the altar in worship of God. Holocaust comes from Greek holokauston ("that which is completely burnt"), which was a translation of Hebrew 'ōlâ (literally "that which goes up," that is, in smoke). In this sense of "burnt sacrifice," holocaust is still used in some versions of the Bible. In the 17th century the meaning of holocaust broadened to "something totally consumed by fire," and the word eventually was applied to fires of extreme destructiveness. In the 20th century holocaust has taken on a variety of figurative meanings, summarizing the effects of war, rioting, storms, epidemic diseases, and even economic failures. Most of these usages arose after World War II, but it is unclear whether they permitted or resulted from the use of holocaust in reference to the mass murder of European Jews and others by the Nazis. This application of the word occurred as early as 1942, but the phrase the Holocaust did not become established until the late 1950s. Here it parallels and may have been influenced by another Hebrew word, šô'â ("catastrophe," in English, Shoah). In the Bible šô'â has a range of meanings including "personal ruin or devastation" and "a wasteland or desert." Šô'â was first used to refer to the Nazi slaughter of Jews in 1939, but the phrase haš-šô'â ("the catastrophe") became established only after World War II. Holocaust has also been used to translate ḥurbān ("destruction"), another Hebrew word used to summarize the genocide of Jews by the Nazis.

Usage Note: Holocaust has a secure place in the language when it refers to the massive destruction of humans by other humans. Ninety-nine percent of the Usage Panel accepts the use of holocaust in the phrase nuclear holocaust. Sixty percent of the Panel accepts the sentence As many as two million people may have died in the holocaust that followed the Khmer Rouge takeover in Cambodia. But because of its associations with genocide, people may object to extended applications of holocaust. When the word is used to refer to death brought about by natural causes, the percentage of the Panel accepting drops sharply. Only 31 percent of the Panel approves the sentence In East Africa five years of drought have brought about a holocaust in which millions have died. In a 1987 survey, just 11 percent approved the use of holocaust to summarize the effects of the AIDS epidemic. This suggests that other figurative usages such as the huge losses in the Savings and Loan holocaust may be viewed as overblown or in poor taste. · When capitalized Holocaust refers specifically to the destruction of Jews and other Europeans by the Nazis and may also encompass the Nazi persecution of Jews that preceded the outbreak of the war.
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2009 06:49 PM »

I am also saddened that we can only offer words of comfort to the Palestinians. I am saddened that with so much oil wealth amassed, the Arab countries did not build their armies so they wouldn't have to be at the Mercy of other powers and cower in front of them. But whose fault is that? Not America's, not Colonial Britain, but theirs and theirs alone. Instead of building palaces they should have been building weapons like the western countries were.

My sentiments exactly!  That is why I have not posted anything related to the current ongoing crisis.  I watch Al-Jazeera English all the time and feel awful.  Then I ask myself the same questions you have asked Tabriz. 

4. any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life.

An apt description of what is happening to the Palestinians.  It is simply a holocaust.  It is not a prerogative of one community.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
lucid
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2009 08:13 PM »

during the holocust, jews were rounded up, put in gas chambers and executed in the thousands at a time.  thousands every day were killed. they were unarmed, civilians without anybody to protect them.  they received no media coverage.  no body cared about them until about 6 million were killed.

everyday palestinians are harrassed, shot at, and sometimes killed.  sometimes palestinian troublemakers are rounded up.  tens at time are rounded up.  some are released, some are kept.  a few palestinians are killed everyday. at most a few hundred are killed on the worst of days.  they have fighters to fight for them, arab nations to argue for them.  they are weak but their plight is shown on tv everyday.  their stories dominate the headlines and the 1.5 billion person muslim community are outraged at their oppression.

you will agree that both cases are terrible, horrible, outrageous.  but they are not the same.  the first case was something almost unimaginable in human history.

one thing i noticed on the day of the gaza bombings was that every lead story was about the bombings in gaza.  other news such as the historic, extraordinary elections in bangladesh -- something of such monumental importance to 150 million muslims was a footnote on al-jazeera and ignored by just about all muslims. 

at the end of the day, we as muslims are strange.  we only get excited about something if it appears on cnn. otherwise we are simply not interested or bothered.

Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009 11:49 PM »

Assalamu alykum,

I have not watched CNN in ages. The killings of Gazans are something very important to get "excited" over. Good for the Bangladeshis, I am proud of them. But the world's attention to the slaughter of civilians takes precedence over a historic election, and rightly so.

As for the rest of your arguments in defense of the usage of the word 'holocaust' to be used exclusively for the sad and condemnable extermination of the Jews in Germany is ridiculous. Anyone can see that. Sometimes when we are proven wrong, it is ok to admit it instead of coming up with ridiculous arguments to keep defending our mistaken assumptions.
tq
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
tq has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2009 01:23 PM »

Assalamo elikuim
Sr.Tabriz and Sr.Halima  I 100% agree with your sentiments. It seems like all we can do is watch and feel sad.

Here is a very good article

http://muslimmatters.org/2009/01/01/confronting-the-trials-of-our-time-between-extremism-and-passivism/

Wasalam
tq
lucid
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2009 05:57 PM »

Assalamu alykum,

I have not watched CNN in ages. The killings of Gazans are something very important to get "excited" over.

agreed

Good for the Bangladeshis, I am proud of them. But the world's attention to the slaughter of civilians takes precedence over a historic election, and rightly so.

that is a pretty dismissive attitude.  i have to say it sounds really really callous.  the bangladeshi election was a singular event affecting the fate of 150 million people.  its failure or success entails the life and death of far far more people than will ever be slaughtered in gaza.  maybe its just that bangladeshis are not that important to muslims in general.  in fact i'm pretty sure that's what it really is.  finally, i don't know why you are proud of them.  its not like anything particularly good happened during the elections.

As for the rest of your arguments in defense of the usage of the word 'holocaust' to be used exclusively for the sad and condemnable extermination of the Jews in Germany is ridiculous. Anyone can see that. Sometimes when we are proven wrong, it is ok to admit it instead of coming up with ridiculous arguments to keep defending our mistaken assumptions.

i have to say sister that you are very wrong here.  the equality of the holocust and the expulsion of palestinians from their lands and subsequent oppression -- well its is almost offensive.  they really are two very different things.  i wish you would learn more about the holocust.  systemic extermination of a race is something rare -- you had it in rwanda, a bit in bosnia, and perhaps a few other places to a smaller extent (cambodia?).  but you do not have it in palestine. (i have been there, if that means anything)

i pray that allah protects all the oppressed, particularly the palestinians. but we as a people must be just and honor the sufferings of muslims as well as nonmuslims.  that's what generous people do, and muslims are supposed to be the most generous of all people. and this is one of the things that makes muslims so very cool.
Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2009 02:33 AM »

Assalamu alykum,

Lucid, your cool response to the atrocities in Gaza in contrast to your passionate defense for the use of the word 'holocaust' as a description only apt for what the Jews suffered under the brutal Nazi regimge is shameful.

The meansing of the word 'holocaust' does not mean that the jews were rounded up by the thousands and put in gas chambers. 'Holocaust' does note mean that a thousand a day have to be killed. 'Holocaust' does not mean that 6 million have to be slaughtered.

Again, the word 'holocaust' was in use before the Nazi regime's murder of the Jews. However, it was the Jewish Holocaust that made the word popular. Please read the description of the word and it's usage again, I know it's a bit long, but try to read please.

Here's a good article for the benefit of everyone on here.
I am also providing a link. The author is Tariq Ramadan, based in London and he wrote the following article originally for the Gurdian.
http://www.islamicity.com/m/news_frame.asp?Frame=1&referenceID=41741

Listening to the feelings expressed by Muslims around the world one gets a sentiment of anger and revolt mixed with a deep sense of helplessness. The current massacres are but a confirmation of the well-known: the "international community" does not really care about the Palestinians, and it is as if the state of Israel, with the support of the US and some European countries, has imposed a state of intellectual terror. Among the presidents and kings, nobody dares to speak out; nobody is ready to say the truth. All are paralysed by fear.

While the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is sometimes perceived, and experienced, as critical to the relationship between the west and Islam, many Muslims no longer know how to react. Is it a pure political conflict? What does Islam have to do with it? Should we make it an Islamic concern to call upon the ummah?

Muslims around the world are facing three distinctive phenomena. First, in the Muslim-majority countries or in the west, they see they can expect no reaction from governments, especially from the Arab states. Theirs is the guilty silence of the accomplice, the hypocrisy, the contempt for Palestinian lives. Second, western media coverage is alarming, with the majority buying the Israeli story: two equally powerful belligerents, with the victim of aggression (Israel) acting in self-defence. What a distortion! Yet the third phenomenon is interesting: while 73% of Europeans were backing Israel in 1967, more than 67% are supporting the Palestinians today. With time, understanding and sensitivity have moved: populations are not blindly following the games and hypocritical stands of their political elites.

Considering these factors, Muslims around the world, and especially western Muslims, should clarify their position. While refusing to turn the Israeli-Palestinian war into a religious conflict, they should not deny its religious dimension, and thus formulate an explicit stand. From an Islamic viewpoint, it should be clear that their resistance is not against Jews (antisemitism is anti-Islamic); to target innocent civilians must be condemned on both sides; and the objective should be for Jews, Christians and Muslims (with people of other religions or no religion) to live together with equal rights and dignity.

The Palestinians are never going to give up; and Israel, for all its awesome firepower, has not won the conflict. Muslims around the world should be a driving force of remembrance and resistance. Not as Muslims against Israel, the west or the hypocritical Arab states, but more widely, and constructively, for justice with all (religious or not) who refuse to be brainwashed or reduced to powerless spectators. It is time to create broad alliances and synergies around clear political objectives.

If the Middle East is teaching Muslims anything, it is to stop acting in isolation and return to the universal values they share with their fellow citizens. They should realise they are in and with the majority. Demonstrations and articles are crucial but we need to go further. To launch a global movement of non-violent resistance to the violent and extremist policy of the state of Israel has become imperative. The violence inflicted, in front of us, upon a population of one and a half million humans makes our silence, our division and even our limited emotional reaction undignified, insane and inhumane. A true and dignified resistance requires commitment, patience and a long-term strategy of information, alliance and huge, non-violent democratic participation.

• Tariq Ramadan is a professor of Islamic studies and author of Radical Reform, Islamic Ethics and Liberation www.tariqramadan.com
lucid
Bro

« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2009 04:16 PM »

assalamualaikum

i don't know why you insist on using the word holocust.  it is murder, oppression, zulm, it's lots of things, but its not a holocust.

the only reason people use the world holocust is to create some sort of equality between the holocust in WWII and (in this case) the oppression/murder of the palestinians.

i mean murder/oppression is bad enough.  why do you weaken your argument for palestinian rights by evoking some false equality with the jewish massacres in the WWII?

its not needed and destroys the unbiased subtext. and it rings very untrue to anybody not a muslim.
zantac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 05, 2009 08:56 AM »

Another difference between the Holocaust and what is happening to Muslims in Palestine is what is happening in Palestine is fact while the holocaust was just war time propaganda.

lucid
Bro

« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2009 06:14 PM »

zantac/cheese/abdullahcohen,

go stick your head in a toilet. that's where it belongs.

what you have written is utterly shameful.  you are a disgrace.

Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2009 08:34 PM »

Assalamu alykum,

Zantac,

Denying the holocaust, and denying someone else's pain will not ease your own. There are countless survivors alive today that can attest to this historical fact. Thousands of people cannot collaborate on a lie.
zantac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2009 09:56 PM »

Alakum salam wa ra wa ba

Sister, with all due respect the Germans were the victims of the Second World War, not the Jews.
Their pain is the one that is being denied. Their cities were destroyed, and their people were massacred. Just because they wanted to regain land that was stolen from them in the First World War.
And the same thing is happening now, we Muslims are being massacred. And the people who kill us are denying our suffering while crying crocodile tears for the few stones or fire works we use to try and defend ourselves.

Sister you say there are countless survivors who say it happened.
Do you know why they say it happened?
Do you know what will happen to them if they say it didn’t?
Do you know it is illegal not to say it happened in the countries that contain the witnesses?
People who are witness to the fact that is a lie have been executed for saying so, countless multitudes have been thrown in prison for saying it is a lie.
Not saying it happened is illegal in Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, European Union, France, Germany, Israel, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain and Switzerland.
Countries where it isn’t illegal have used other means to lock up anyone who says it didn’t happen.
If it is such a fact, why do they need laws, prisons and executions to teach us it is a fact?

The fact that there are so many survivors is the main proof that is a lie. If you look at statistical records collected before ww2 and after. You will notice that so many people were killed that the world population reduced by 2.5%. But the Jewish population actually increased!

Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Jan 06, 2009 02:46 AM »

Assalamu alykum,

I have heard of all of these and much more. Please no need to espouse any more of your ignorance. I see no need to reply to hate.

Just like there are Islamophobes amongst the Jews and Christians, there are anti-Semites amongst the Muslims. You should be ashamed of yourself. All those holocaust deniers are white supremacists who would be ready to wipe off you and all of us the moment they get the chance. Or they are anti-Semites from other ethnic groups.

Do not bring yourself to the level of those people.

There are countless good Jews and Christians as well as other people of different faiths, and the ones without any faith in any religions, that are doing more to help the Palestinians, Iraqis and the poor abused masses around the world than you and me, who are just sitting in front of our computers and typing words.

Let me tell you about my hero. He is an atheist Jew. The son of the survivors of Holocaust. His name is Norman G. Finkelstein. He lost his job because he stood up for the Palestinians and spoke for their rights. He refused to back down and stuck with his morals and the truth. I am thankful that he was not full of hate as you are.

If Desmond Tutu, a South African Christian Cleric, were as full of hate as you, he would not be able to look beyond his concern for Christians only. But he is much wiser and kind-hearted than that. He is a foremost champion of the Palestinian rights as well as countless others around the world that suffer.

Have courage. It takes courage to realize the truth. When ex-President Jimmy Carter finally had the courage, he was able to realize the truth and he is an activist for the Palestinians.

Truth can never be realized in a heart full of hate. Leave it my friend. Do not hate. Hate consumes the soul and kills the heart. Be kind to yourself.

May God the Merciful, the Compassionate make your heart and our hearts soft and full of kindness
zantac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 06, 2009 09:03 AM »

Reply if you want, or not if that is your desire.
What you said is a slander. Far from being the domain of white supremacist, many of the people who deny that it happened are Jews! Many of the people imprisoned for denying at Jews who were actually imprisoned in concentration camps.
May be you should educate yourself about this subject before stating generalisations that you are completely ignorant of.
Failing that educate me by quoting one reference written before the 1930s that states the world Jewish population was 20 million!
Can you?
Because if it was a fact that 6 million were killed leaving 14 million that would require an original population of 20 million.
Read references before that date, can you find anything that states Jews in German controlled areas were equal to or greater than 6 million?
What happens when you remove all the survivors to 6 million? What happens when you add all the refugees who left German controlled areas?
What sort of astronomically high Jewish population figure would that require?

What you said about white supremacists is another slander. Tell me is it white supremacists that are killing us in Gaza now? Which white supremacist organisation expelled and exterminated 80% of us in Palestine?
Did white supremacists destroy Lebanon?
All this and much more were carried of by Jewish supremacists.
To say Jews are trying to exterminate us is an understatement, they have been exterminating us for a very long time and are making a very good job of it!

All these crocodile tears for the fairy stories and myths created by our exterminators to justify our extermination are nothing but a destruction from the plain truth that stairs everyone in the eyes. We are the ones being exterminated. What is happening to us is the real holocaust.
But none of it matters, because our lives and blood is worthless. While any story they make up has to be believed above Quran and Sunnah, because they claim to be God’s chosen people. A claim our Quran and the Christian Bible tells us is a lie!
timbuktu
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2009 04:57 AM »

peace be upon you

brother zantac, it is possible that the numbers of Jews slaughtered in Nazi concentration camps was considerably less than six million.

It is definitely true that others who died in Nazi camps, or of Nazi atrocities, like the Roma, have not been duly recognised.

It is also true that bombing civilians, sacrificing men and women deliberately, and cold cunning was practiced by the Allies.

It is also true that Roosevelt baited Japan to attack Pearl Harbor, so the US could declare war on the Axis countries.

That the two world wars of the 20th century were about empires, is also true.

It is true that the Palestinians have paid and are paying a heavy price for other peoples' sins.

However, it does not diminish the Nazi crimes.

That denial is a wrong thing to do.
nuh
« Reply #18 on: Jan 15, 2009 01:24 AM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Maybe it's time to build an actual building in light of recent events....

The Palestinian Holocaust Memorial Museum (PHMM) will feature the photos, names and stories of Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces in the context of a new Holocaust. PHMM will highlight the elements of the new Holocaust; the locations, weapons and impacts. Testimonies of the survivors will also be published..

http://www.islamonline.net/English/In_Depth/GazaHolocaustMuseum/index.shtml

May Allah grant us all Tawfiq.  Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #19 on: Jan 16, 2009 11:18 AM »

Venezuela expels Israel envoy over Gaza attacks | Reuters

"The Holocaust, that is what is happening right now in Gaza," Chavez said in televised comments earlier on Tuesday.

Venezuela expels Israel envoy over Gaza attacks

CARACAS, Jan 6 (Reuters) - Venezuela expelled the ambassador to Israel on Tuesday in protest over the offensive in Gaza only hours after leftist President Hugo Chavez called the attacks a Palestinian "holocaust."

The socialist Chavez, a harsh critic of Israel and the United States, in recent years has frequently withdrawn Venezuela's diplomatic envoys amid bilateral disputes and last year kicked out the U.S. ambassador over a conflict involving allied Bolivia.

The OPEC nation's Foreign Ministry said in a statement that Israel's campaign constituted "flagrant violations of International Law" and the use of "state terrorism."

"For the reasons mentioned above, the government of Venezuela has decided to expel the Ambassador of Israel and part of the personnel of the Embassy of Israel," the statement said.

The Israeli embassy did not respond to phone calls requesting comment.

Chavez in 2006 threatened to break ties with Israel over its military campaign in Lebanon in a war of words that led both nations to withdraw their envoys.

On Monday he accused Washington of poisoning the late Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to destabilize the Middle East and justify U.S.-backed Israeli incursions into Arab countries.

Israel is under international pressure to reach a ceasefire with Hamas militants and halt an offensive that has killed nearly 600 Palestinians, including more than 40 in a U.N. school sheltering civilians.

"The Holocaust, that is what is happening right now in Gaza," Chavez said in televised comments earlier on Tuesday.

"The president of Israel at this moment should be taken to the International Criminal Court together with the President of the United States."

The United States, which Chavez describes as a decadent empire, firmly backs Israel -- its principal ally in the region.

(Reporting by Brian Ellsworth; Editing by Sandra Maler)

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #20 on: Jan 16, 2009 11:59 AM »

Assalamualaikum,

Bolivia has done the same and cut ties with Israel. At the very least, Arab countries could follow their example instead of issuing meaningless statements from their cushy gold plated sofas.
Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #21 on: Jan 17, 2009 04:47 AM »

Assalamu alykum,

In addition to Venezuela and Bolivia taking strong steps, Greece has refused the use of its ports to allow US merchants ships delivering military supplies to Israel. That is a pretty strong statement too.

Turkey has also put out a strong statement, even though it is one of the few countries that recognize Israel. Turkey said that Israel should be barred from the UN will it continues its war in Gaza, as it doesn’t make sense that it keeps defying UN resolutions, yet continues to attend UN meetings and summits.

Belgium has taken many Palestinian kids to be treated in its hospitals in Belgium, by airlifting them through the use of their military aircraft.

Also, the Cambridge City Council put out a strong statement in support of the end to the war in Israel and voiced support for a Palestinian homeland.

Qatar and Mauritania have cut political/economical ties with Israel as well.

What do the biggest players in Middle East do? Sit on their thrones. Shame on the Arab leaders!  Shame, shame, shame! They are cowards. They are the lowest scum on Earth. God gave them so much wealth and yet their people wallow in despair, politically, socially, economically, militarily.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/01/2009116151135307776.html

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1056158.html

http://news.morningstar.com/newsnet/ViewNews.aspx?article=/DJ/200901131317DOWJONESDJONLINE000570_univ.xml

The Cambridge City Council     http://www.cambridgema.gov/ccouncil.cfm

Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #22 on: Jan 17, 2009 05:21 AM »

British company severs ties with Israel

http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articles/0,7340,L-3648346,00.html
Tabriz
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2009 06:27 AM »

Since I can't post pictures here for some reason. I am providing an important link. The cliche a picture is worth a thousand words couldn't be more true for the following presentation. It's amazing how Nazi treatment of the Jews caught in pictures is almost replicated by the Israelis towards the Palestinians. Very powerful presentation. Please fwd it by copying from the link to everybody. No words needed really to explain the astounding similarities....

Deutschland Uber Alles

THE GRANDCHILDREN OF HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS FROM WORLD WAR II ARE DOING TO THE PALESTINIANS EXACTLY WHAT WAS DONE TO THEM BY NAZI GERMANY

...PLEASE FORWARD...

BUILDING WALLS & FENCES TO KEEP PEOPLE IN PRISONS

http://www.normanfinkelstein.com/article.php?pg=11&ar=2510
Rehmat
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Rehmat is not to be trusted!

« Reply #24 on: Jan 19, 2009 05:45 PM »

Islamonline is no champion of Palestinian cause. Like puppet Arab rulers - it also exploits the Palestinian miseries.

Just think that it's located in Qatar, which has the largest American military base - used to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Qatar ruler has trade relations with Israel and like other secularist Arab rulers don't like Hamas (100% Sunni) to be associated with Iran.

Know the truth - what's going on in occupied Palestine:

http://rehmat1.wordpress.com/2009/01/17/why-hamas/
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: