Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George Bush
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Palestinian Holocaust museum  (Read 4401 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #25 on: Jan 19, 2009 08:47 PM »

Tabriz that page now says "suspended account" interesting eh...

I think that you can see it replicated here: http://www.ijtema.net/2009/01/19/holocaust-survivors-from-wold-war-ii-make-holocaust-in-gaza-pictures/

Photos from Nazi Germany next to Photos from today.

Indeed a picture is worth a thousand words.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2009 03:03 AM »

Assalamy alykum,

That account was suspended for a while. But it's up and running now.

Thanks for the alternative.

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2009 07:03 AM »

i looked at the pictures and they show only superficial similarities.

bring me pictures of gas chambers and people being killed like cattle in an abattoir and then you can say there are real similarities.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2009 09:02 AM »

Salaams,

I searched around to find something which can bail lucid out.

But instead I found this:

hol·o·caust      (hŏl'ə-kôst', hō'lə-)  Pronunciation Key
n. 

1. Great destruction resulting in the extensive loss of life, especially by fire.
         1. Holocaust The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II: "Israel emerged from the Holocaust and is defined in relation to that catastrophe" (Emanuel Litvinoff).
         2. A massive slaughter: "an important document in the so-far sketchy annals of the Cambodian holocaust" (Rod Nordland).
   3. A sacrificial offering that is consumed entirely by flames.

[Middle English, burnt offering, from Old French holocauste, from Latin holocaustum, from Greek holokauston, from neuter of holokaustos, burnt whole : holo-, holo- + kaustos, burnt (from kaiein, to burn).]
hol'o·caus'tal, hol'o·caus'tic adj.

People did actually use that word for massacre in Cambodia! Hmm... so a stronger argument for not calling Palestinian carnage a "holocaust" could be that its a translated word from hebrew and perhaps should only be used for Jews burnt in masses?

Salaams,
-The devil's advocate.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #29 on: Jan 21, 2009 05:41 AM »

In Zeitun, a massacre and its perpetrators desire for genocide

"They left behind their own unique detritus: bullet casings, roasted peanuts...But most disturbing of all was the graffiti they daubed on the walls of the ground floor... Some was in Hebrew, but much was naively written in English: "Arabs need 2 die", "Die you all", "Make war not peace", "1 is down, 999,999 to go", and scrawled on an image of a gravestone the words: "Arabs 1948-2009". "

Rory McCarthy reports for the Guardian....

I encourage everyone to read this blog for frequently updated news/analysis/personal stories from Palestine. The author of this blog is an activist and a journalist who lives in the US but whose immediate family is in Gaza. This journalist and her father were frequently interviewed during the war on Gaza on CNN, etc. This is a good site for first-hand information coming out of Palestine as well.

http://a-mother-from-gaza.blogspot.com/
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #30 on: Jan 21, 2009 04:03 PM »

Please refrain from making any personal remarks about people. I've removed the posts in this thread which were insulting other users. Let's stick to the topic. Jazaks.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: