Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Apr 23, 2014 06:05 PM
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Tips!  (Read 3583 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: Jan 06, 2009 07:15 AM »

6 Easy Things

Normally, we begin a new year with hope for change, but then we change and lose hope that we can ever accomplish our goals. One way to reverse this cycle is to start small to build big. Here are six easy things you can do in the coming year:

1. Read the Quran 5 for 5
Just five days a week, read the Quran for not more than five minutes, but here's the catch: you must shut yourself off from everyone and everything and give Allah's Word absolute attention. This small step will give you a deeper appreciation for life's meaning, ultimately leading to change in surprising ways. Some ways to do this: in the morning before everyone wakes up; in the evening after everyone has gone to bed; during lunch hour in the car; on the bus/train on the way to school/work; on breaks between classes; when the baby is napping; at the laundromat doing your weekly laundry. Just remember to watch the time and set an alarm if needed so you read for only five minutes.

2. Call or sincerely pray for your parents no less than once a week
In the Quran, Allah orders us not to say even “Uff” to our parents (17:23). Today, many of us may not utter this demeaning word to mom and dad. However, we express our disrespect by not keeping in touch. Yes, life is busier than ever and time is stretched to the max. But these are not valid excuses for ignoring those who nurtured us when we could do nothing on our own. While visiting is also very important, this may not always be possible on such a regular basis if you live in another state or country. Calls are the first step in re-establishing greater connection.

In the upcoming year, set a time in your appointment book to call your parents at least once a week. If your parents have passed away, spend five minutes weekly to make a sincere, deep Dua for their forgiveness and for Allah to grant them the best in the Hereafter for all they did for you.

3. Read to a child for just 10 minutesYoung children whose parents read aloud to them have better language and literacy skills when they go to school, according to a number of studies. This in itself is an incentive to take just a few minutes during the week to do so. But reading to kids, whether that is your own children, a younger sibling or a nephew/niece is also a wonderful way to offer some short but long-lasting Islamic lessons. Today, the range and quality of Islamic books for kids is better than ever. Start off with a couple of simple ones from the Quran, the life of the Prophet and some timely theme and then continue this great habit as the year continues. On the days you can't read in person, do it over the phone or by webcamera.

4. Transfer the money saved from 1 cost-cutting habit for a continuous good cause
About 80 percent of Americans are stressed because of the economy, according to a recent survey. This has led many to cut back on all kinds of spending, from holiday gift giving to the ritual morning latte. While we tighten our belts though, let's use at least some of the money saved for a good cause. Consider this: the International Labor Organization estimates the number of workers living on $2 a day or less will surge by 100 million. Use some of your saved cash to support a family, the education of one child or one orphan for a year in a developing country.

5. Attend one regional or national Islamic conference
A strong community is built by great individuals, but great individuals are products of their communities. That's why it's so important to connect and network with other Muslims not just in our own neighbourhoods and cities, but on a state-, country- and worldwide basis as well. Doing so allows us to not only hang out socially, but to discuss some of the common problems we face and come up with viable solutions for them. Aim to attend at least one Muslim conference in the coming year so you can reap the blessings of community and strengthen your own faith on a personal level.

6. Adopt and share one habit to save the planet
Thanks to the environmental movement, we are now more aware of how our daily habits are leading to our planet's destruction. In the coming year, pick just one habit that can help you become a better steward of the earth. Some simple ideas: turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth; recycle your newspapers and magazines; turn off the shower when soaping up; bring your own canvas bags to the grocery store instead of using plastic ones. Then, get your youth group, Halaqa group and mosque/Islamic center to adopt the same.

Compiled From:
"6 Easy Things You Can Do For Islam in 2009" - SoundVision.com
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=1049602440&msgid=30939421&act=216G&c=68038&admin=0&destination=http://soundvision.com/info/life/6things2009.asp

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Halima
Sis

Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009 05:42 AM »

Games that bring the family closer

Father's reading the newspaper, mother's on the telephone, brother's on the computer, sister's reading a book, and little Ahmad is playing with his toys. What do these people have in common?

Nothing. How can they be brought together?

Young and old, we all love games. What better way to share each other's company, learn about Islam and have fun at the same time than to play a game? Below are three games to play with the whole family.

1. 'Steps to Paradise' Board Game. This board game, made in England, has questions for different age or knowledge levels. Answer the questions on Islam as you move around the board. And if you have collected enough Sawab (reward) then you might be able to enter Paradise.

2. Question and Answer Cards. Pre-made cards with questions and answers on Islam are readily available. Split the family into two teams and compete with each other to see who has the most right answers. The 'losing' team can do something together for the 'winning' team, for example, cook dinner. (This may mean that dad and some of the children may be cooking dinner for mum!) If pre-made cards are not available, then get into your teams and design the questions for the other team to answer.

3. Treasure Hunting. Mum or Dad designs a treasure hunt for the rest of the family. The number of clues, in the form of questions, depends on how many letters the secret place that contains the prize has. For example, if a cake awaits them in the REFRIGERATOR then 13 questions are needed. The first question needs to have an answer starting with R. For example, "What is the name of Surah 13?" The answer is "Ra'd". Each first letter of the answers form the final word. Draw a map and place each question on a card at each location. Once the code is cracked all can share the prize.

An important note to keep in mind is that when teams are called for, make sure it's randomly selected. Also, for each game, team members will be different each time. If team members remain the same all the time, rivalry will be set up and not all members will have the chance to work with the others.

Compiled From:
"Saying it out loud - the easy way to teach children the daily Duas (supplications)" - Jameela Ho of Yagoona
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=1049602440&msgid=31019621&act=216G&c=68038&admin=0&destination=http://www.soundvision.com/info/umracontest/outloud.asp

The Almighty Allah says,

In the Name of Allah
bismillah hir rahman nir rahim
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
In the Name of Allah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009 08:14 PM »

Praise be to Allaah; we praise Him and seek His help and forgiveness. We seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of our own selves and from our evil deeds. Whomsoever Allaah guides cannot be led astray, and whomsoever He leaves astray cannot be guided. I bear witness that there is no god except Allaah alone, with no partner, and I bear witness that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger

1    Turning towards the Qur’aan
The Qur’aan is the foremost aid to standing firm in Islam. It is the strong rope and clear light of Allaah. Whoever adheres to it, Allaah will protect him;

2  Praise be to Allaah.
Firstly:
Thanks or gratitude means reciprocating kindness and giving praise to the one who has done good and kind things. The one who is most deserving of thanks and praise from people is Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted, because of the great favours and blessings that He has bestowed upon His slaves in both spiritual and worldly terms. Allaah has commanded us to give thanks to Him for those blessings, and not to deny them. He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Therefore remember Me (by praying, glorifying). I will remember you, and be grateful to Me (for My countless Favours on you) and never be ungrateful to Me”
[al-Baqarah 2:152]    
Secondly:
The greatest ones who obeyed this command, and gave thanks to their Lord until they deserved to be described as shaakir and shakoor (thankful) are the Prophets and Messengers (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him).
Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Verily, Ibraaheem (Abraham) was an Ummah (a leader having all the good righteous qualities), or a nation, obedient to Allaah, Haneef (i.e. to worship none but Allaah), and he was not one of those who were Al Mushrikoon (polytheists, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allaah, and those who joined partners with Allaah).
121. (He was) thankful for His (Allaah’s) Favours. He (Allaah) chose him (as an intimate friend) and guided him to a Straight Path
[al-Nahl 16:120, 121]
“O offspring of those whom We carried (in the ship) with Nûh (Noah)! Verily, he was a grateful slave”
[al-Isra’ 17:3]
Thirdly:
Allaah has mentioned some of the blessings that He has bestowed upon His slaves, and has commanded them to be grateful for them, and has told us that few of His slaves give thanks to Him:
“O you who believe (in the Oneness of Allaah — Islamic Monotheism)! Eat of the lawful things that We have provided you with, and be grateful to Allaah, if it is indeed He Whom you worship”
[al-Baqarah 2:172]
“And surely, We gave you authority on the earth and appointed for you therein provisions (for your life). Little thanks do you give”
[al-A’raaf 7:10]
“And among His Signs is this, that He sends the winds as glad tidings, giving you a taste of His Mercy (i.e. rain), and that the ships may sail at His Command, and that you may seek of His Bounty, in order that you may be thankful”
[al-Room 31:46]
Among spiritual blessings, He mentions (interpretation of the meaning):
“O you who believe! When you intend to offer As-Salaah (the prayer), wash your faces and your hands (forearms) up to the elbows, rub (by passing wet hands over) your heads, and (wash) your feet up to the ankles. If you are in a state of Janaaba (i.e. after a sexual discharge), purify yourselves (bathe your whole body). But if you are ill or on a journey, or any of you comes after answering the call of nature, or you have been in contact with women (i.e. sexual intercourse), and you find no water, then perform Tayammum with clean earth and rub therewith your faces and hands. Allaah does not want to place you in difficulty, but He wants to purify you, and to complete His Favour to you that you may be thankful”
[al-Maa’idah 5:6]
and there are many other blessings. We have only mentioned some of these blessings here; listing all of them is impossible, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And He gave you of all that you asked for, and if you count the Blessings of Allaah, never will you be able to count them. Verily, man is indeed an extreme wrongdoer, a disbeliever (an extreme ingrate who denies Allaah’s Blessings by disbelief, and by worshipping others besides Allaah, and by disobeying Allaah and His Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وسلم)”
[Ibraaheem 14:34]
Then Allaah blessed us and forgave us our shortcomings in giving thanks for these blessings. He says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And if you would count the Favours of Allaah, never could you be able to count them. Truly, Allaah is Oft Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[al-Nahl 16:18]
The Muslim is always asking his Lord to help him to give thanks to Him, because were it not for Allaah’s helping His slave, he would not be able to give thanks. Hence it is prescribed in the saheeh Sunnah to ask for help from Allaah to give thanks to Him.
It was narrated from Mu’aadh ibn Jabal that the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) took his hand and said: “O Mu’aadh, by Allaah I love you, by Allaah I love you.” Then he said, “I advise you, O Mu’aadh, do not fail following every prayer to say: O Allaah help me to remember You, thank You and worship You properly.”
Narrated by Abu Dawood (1522) and al-Nasaa’i (1303); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.
Gratitude for blessings is a cause of them being increased, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And (remember) when your Lord proclaimed: ‘If you give thanks (by accepting Faith and worshipping none but Allaah), I will give you more (of My Blessings); but if you are thankless (i.e. disbelievers), verily, My punishment is indeed severe’”
[Ibraaheem 14:7]
Fourthly:
How can a person thank his Lord for His great blessings? His gratitude should fulfil all the necessary conditions, which are gratitude of the heart, gratitude of the tongue and gratitude of the physical faculties.
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
Gratitude may be in the heart, in submission and humility; on the tongue, in praise and acknowledgement; and in the physical faculties, by means of obedience and submission.
Madaarij al-Saalikeen (2/246)
The details of that:
Gratitude of the heart: what is meant is that the heart senses the value of the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon His slave, and fully acknowledges that the one who has bestowed these great blessings is Allaah alone, with no partner or associate. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allaah”
[al-Nahl 16:53].
This acknowledgement is not mustahabb, rather it is obligatory. Whoever attributes these blessings to anyone other than Allaah has disbelieved.
Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
What man should do is attribute blessings to Allaah and acknowledge them fully. Thus he will attain complete Tawheed. Whoever denies the blessings of Allaah in his heart or on his tongue, is a kaafir and has nothing to do with Islam.
Whoever affirms in his heart that all blessings come from Allaah alone, but verbally he sometimes attributes them to Allaah and sometimes attributes them to himself, or his actions, or the efforts of someone else -- as happens on the lips of many people -- this is something that the person must repent from, and he should not attribute blessings to anyone except their Creator, and he must strive to make himself do that, because faith and Tawheed cannot be attained except by attributing blessings to Allaah.
The gratitude which is the head of faith is based on three pillars: acknowledgement of the heart of all the blessings that Allaah has bestowed upon him, and upon others, and talking about them; praising Allaah for them; and using them to obey the One Who bestowed the blessings and to worship Him.
Al-Qawl al-Sadeed fi Maqaasid al-Tawheed (p. 140)
Allaah says, describing the situation of one who denies attribution of blessings to Allaah (interpretation of the meaning):
“They recognise the Grace of Allaah, yet they deny it (by worshipping others besides Allaah) and most of them are disbelievers (deny the Prophethood of Muhammad صلىالله عليه وسلم)”
[al-Nahl 16:83].
Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
i.e., they acknowledge that Allaah is the one who grants them that, and He is the one who bestows that favour upon them, yet despite that they deny it, and worship others alongside Him, and attribute victory and provision to someone other than Him.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer (4/592).
As for gratitude of the tongue, it means acknowledging verbally - after believing in the heart- that the one who grants blessing is indeed Allaah, and keeping the tongue busy with praise of Allaah, may He be glorified and exalted.
Allaah says, explaining His blessings to His slave Muhammad (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him): “And He found you poor and made you rich (self sufficient with self contentment)?” [al-Duha 93:8]. Then He reminded him in return for that: “And proclaim the Grace of your Lord (i.e. the Prophethood and all other Graces)” [al-Duha 93:11].
Ibn Katheer (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
i.e., as you were poor and in need, then Allaah made you rich and independent of means: then speak of the blessing of Allaah bestowed upon you.
Tafseer Ibn Katheer (8/427).
It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah is pleased with a person who eats some food and then praises Him for it, or who drinks some drink and then praises Him for it.”
Narrated by Muslim (2734).
Abu’l-‘Abbaas al-Qurtubi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
Praise here means gratitude, and we have seen above that praise may take the place of gratitude but gratitude may not take the place of praise. This indicates that gratitude for blessings -- even if they are few -- is a means of attaining the pleasure of Allaah, may He be exalted, which is the noblest situation of the people of Paradise. When the people of Paradise say, “You have given to us what You have not given to anyone among Your creation,” Allaah will say to them: “ Shall I not give you something better than that?” They will say, “What is it? Have You not brightened our faces, and admitted us to Paradise and saved us from Hell?” He will say, “ I bestow My pleasure upon you, and I will never be angry with you after that.”
Gratitude is a means of attaining that great honour because it implies acknowledgement of the Bestower of blessings and acknowledging Him alone as the Creator of that blessing and the One Who caused it to reach the recipient of the blessing, as an honour and favour from the Bestower, and that the recipient of the blessing is poor and is in need of that blessing, and cannot do without it. So this is an acknowledgement of the rights and bounty of Allaah, and the duty and need of the slave. So Allaah has caused the reward for that acknowledgement to be this great honour.
Al-Mufhim lima ashkala min Talkhees Kitaab Muslim (7/60, 61).
Hence some of the salaf said: Whoever conceals a blessing has denied it, but whoever manifests it and spreads it has given thanks for it.
Ibn al-Qayyim said, commenting on that:
This is based on the words: “When Allaah bestows a blessing upon a person, He loves the effect of His blessing to be seen on His slave.”
Madaarij al-Saalikeen (2/246).
It was narrated from ‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-‘Azeez (may Allaah have mercy on him) that he said: Remind one another of blessings, for mentioning them is gratitude.
Gratitude of the physical faculties means using one's physical faculties in obedience of Allaah and keeping them from committing sins and acts of disobedience that Allaah has forbidden.
“ ‘Work you, O family of Dawood (David), with thanks!””
[Saba’ 34:13]
It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah said: When the Messenger of Allaah (blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) prayed, he would stand for so long that his feet became swollen. ‘Aa’ishah said: O Messenger of Allaah, are you doing this when Allaah has forgiven your past and future sins? He said: “O ‘Aa’ishah, should I not be a thankful slave?”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4557) and Muslim (2820).
Ibn Battaal (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:
Al-Tabari said: the correct view concerning that is that the person’s gratitude is affirming that this is from Allaah and no one else, and affirmation of this fact is action, and it is confirmed by action. As for the affirmation which is contradicted by action, the one who does that does not deserve to be called grateful at all. But it may be called gratitude of the tongue. The evidence that this is true is the words of Allaah (interpretation of the meaning): “ ‘Work you, O family of Dawood (David), with thanks!’

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they will be questioned and asked to speak
Halima
Sis

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009 08:30 PM »

Purpose

Someone once told me that if I did things out of sincere love for them, then I would make sure they were done with sincerity. I would make sure that they got done with ihsan. "Fall in love" with the task, she said, and indeed, this can lead to great productivity.

This is proven in how a petite mother turns into a superhero to serve an ailing child or how a young man works long hours to pay for his wedding to the girl of his dreams. However, how do you fall in love with a final exam? Or a mundane work assignment?

You reflect on the purpose behind it. And then really connect with that purpose.

So, for example, you might ask yourself why this particular task is so important to you. Your answer may be different, but perhaps if you do well on it, you may finish a great education. This great education can lead to a great job that will require use of your skills for the betterment of your society. People need your skills; and maybe your parents will be pleased with you. If they are pleased with you and you are happy that you're helping others, then Allah (SWT) will be pleased with you - and if Allah (SWT) is pleased with you then you'll have the best of this life and of the next.

All these great things start with that one task, and because it can potentially lead to these things, you must fall in love with it - just as you love to win the satisfaction of your parents or your Creator.

What is the purpose of the assignment you're currently working on?

Compiled From:
"The 5 P's of Productivity: How to Get Things Done" - Heba Alshareef
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=1049602440&msgid=31036299&act=216G&c=68038&admin=0&destination=http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c%3DArticle_C%26cid%3D1242759221421%26pagename%3DZone-English-Family/FYELayout%23**1

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Jul 21, 2009 12:03 PM »

Six Tips To Dealing with TV

It's tough to escape peer pressure when your friends keep talking about the clothes, the music and the stars. Today, Television defines teen culture. With its barrage of alluring advertisements and captivating shows, it tells you what is cool and what is 'in' and 'out. Let Islam, not the media, decide your dress code, morals, and values.

1. Watch what is Halal. Stick to the most "clean" material you can find. TV should be used with discretion to watch educational and insightful programs or decent entertainment.

2. Remove the TV from your room. Having a TV set in your own room encourages you to watch it more. You are less likely to be tempted by Shaytan to watch something indecent when you have a parent, a sibling, or a friend watching with you. Remember, Shaytan loves attacking people who are 'bored', sitting idle, or in a company of bad people. Keep the TV in the main room, where it won't distract you.

3. Adopt and support Islamic media. Hundreds of educational or entertainment multi-media products crafted by Muslim artists, writers, producers, and singers hit the market every year. These cartoons, movies, and songs could be enjoyable for the entire family!

4. Limit viewing time. If you have to watch TV, limit yourself. Write down a number of hours per week and stick to your limit.

5. Keep the box off when you're doing other things. Whether you're eating dinner, doing your homework, or reading a magazine, you dont need the TV to be on at the same time--keeping it on simply encourages you to watch TV more and neglect other activities.

6. Have a TV free get-together with friends. Make the following rule: no one will watch TV or movies in the living room. If you want to go further, make it a rule that the topics of conversation cannot revolve around the latest twist in a soap opera or the most recent plot on a sci-fi show. Play basketball, go for a walk, do anything but watch TV.

Compiled From:
"Turn off TV - Turn on Life" - Young Muslims Publications
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=1049602440&msgid=31065242&act=216G&c=68038&admin=0&destination=http://web.youngmuslims.ca/resources/brochures/91-tv.html

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Jul 29, 2009 09:21 AM »

Train Your Will Power

Many people fail to get ahead because they have no willpower to do what they know they should be doing. Nor can they help themselves to avoid the things which they know will ruin them. Many such people would like to give up smoking, to stop using drugs, or to avoid affairs outside of marriage. Many find that gambling or alcohol addiction is wrecking their lives. Yet these people have no willpower to set their life on the right course. They feel helpless, and they have to deal with a nagging conscience that pricks them with what they could have done, or should have done.

Yet there are some strong-willed people who seem to be able to do what they know is right and avoid what they know is wrong. Such people experience peace of mind knowing that they are doing the right thing. Their willpower is obviously working for them.

But how do they do it? What is the secret? The secret is that you can train your willpower.

Suppose you made a resolution to skip lunch for a month and actually stuck to your decision. You may save your lunch money, lose a few pounds, develop sympathy for the poor, and give your digestive system a much-needed rest. More importantly, you will strengthen your willpower.

The reason this works is that you teach yourself to avoid lunch even when you know you could have it if you decide. Your stomach may growl, but you won't listen. Thus you train yourself to ignore the calling of your lower physical self and reach for the higher goals of real human achievement. If you stick to your decision day after day for a month you can develop a regular habit of doing the right thing even when your desires are calling for something else.

Every year, for one month, able Muslims go through a similar fasting exercise. They observe the fast as a compulsory practice which God prescribed in His revealed messages, especially in His last revealed book. One of the many benefits they experience from fasting is its training aspect. The willpower they develop in the one month helps them to continue doing the right thing and avoiding the wrong throughout the year. They find the fast such an effective method of spiritual training and of achieving a closeness with their creator that many Muslims also keep some additional, optional, fasts on other days of the year. They eat an early breakfast before dawn and a late dinner after sunset. From dawn to sunset they would have no food or drink; they would also refrain from sexual activity. Whereas the baser selves regularly call for these things, Muslims train themselves with the help of God to fulfill their natural needs in the time and manner which God declared suitable for human dignity and well-being.

During the fast Muslims also train themselves to always avoid lying, cheating, backbiting, and all manner of false speech and immoral actions.

Compiled From:
"How to Train Your will power to work for you" - Shabir Ally

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Aug 24, 2009 10:22 AM »

A Quick Checklist Of Ramadan

• Make a resolve to win the maximum favour of Allah: perform extra voluntary prayers (Nawaafil), make frequent Du'a and increase remembrance (Dhikr).
  • Try to recite some Quran after every Prayer. In fact if you read 3-4 pages after every Prayer you can easily finish the entire Quran in Ramadan! Study theQuranic Tafseer (commentary) every morning.
  • Invite a person you are not very close with to your home for Iftar, at least once a week. You will notice the blessings in your relationships!
  • Bring life to your family! Everyday, try to conclude the fast with your family and spend some quality time together to understand each other better.
  • Give gifts on 'Eid to at least 5 people: 2 to your family members, 2 to your good friends, and 1 to a person whom you love purely for the sake of Allah.
  • Commit to an Islamic study circles to enhance your Islamic knowledge and practice. Plan to complete reading a book on Prophet Muhammad’s (pbuh) life in these 30 days.
  • Donate generously to the masajid, Islamic organizations, and any where people are in need. "This is a month of sharing!"
  • Share Ramadan and its teachings of love & patience with your neighbours. Learn how at http://www.soundvision.com/info/ramadan/
  • Initiate a project to promote or revive a ‘forgotten’ social cause in the Muslim and non-Muslim community: fight against racism, AIDS, drugs, cancer, smoking…etc.
  • Did you know, our society, which constitutes only 20% of world’s population, actually consumes 80% of world’s resources! Volunteer at food bank or Anti-Poverty campaign, while fasting!
  • Seek the rare and oft-neglected rewards of 'the night better than a 1000 months', Laylatul-Qadr.
  • Weep in private for the forgiveness of your sins: It is the month of forgiveness and Allah's Mercy! It's never too late.
  • Learn to control your tongue and lower your gaze. Remember the Prophet's warning that lying, backbiting, and a lustful gaze all violate the fast! Abandon foul language forever.
  • Encourage others to enjoin and love goodness, and to abandon everything evil. Play the role of a Da'ee (one who invites to Allah) with passion and sympathy.

The Almighty Allah says,

Halima
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2009 06:30 AM »

Tips for the Night of Power

Here are some tips of things we can do on the Night of Power and the time before and after it.

1. Do Itikaf

It was a practice of the Prophet to spend the last ten days and nights of Ramadan in the masjid for Itikaf.

Those in Itikaf stay in the masjid all this time, performing various forms of zikr (the remembrance of Allah), like doing extra Salat, recitation and study of the Quran. They do not go outside the masjid except in case of emergencies, therefore, they sleep in the masjid. Their families or the masjid administration takes care of their food needs.

Itikaf of a shorter period of time, like one night, a day or a couple of days is encouraged as well.

2. Make this special Dua

Aisha, may Allah be pleased with her, said: I asked the Messenger of Allah: 'O Messenger of Allah, if I know what night is the night of Qadr, what should I say during it?' He said: 'Say: O Allah, You are pardoning and You love to pardon, so pardon me.' "(Ahmad, Ibn Majah, and Tirmidhi).

The transliteration of this Dua is "Allahumma innaka `afuwwun tuhibbul `afwa fa`fu `annee"

3. Reflect on the meaning of the Quran

Choose the latest Surah or Surahs you've heard in Tarawih and read their translation and Tafseer. Then think deeply about their meaning and how it affects you on a personal level.

4. Make a personal Dua list.

Ask yourself what you really want from Allah. Make a list of each and everything, no matter how small or how big it is, whether it deals with this world or not. Allah loves to hear from us. Once this list is ready, you can do three things:

• Ask Allah to give you those things
  • Think about what actions you have taken to get those things
  • Develop a work plan to get those things in future

5. Evaluate yourself.

Ask yourself those questions that need to be asked. Do an evaluation of where you are and where you are going. Let this evaluation lead you to feel happiness for the good you have done and remorse for the bad you have done. This latter feeling should make it easier to seek Allah's sincere forgiveness when making the Dua mentioned in tip number one above.

6. Have Iftar with the family

If you've spent Iftar time on weekdays in your cubicle at work alone with a couple of dates, now is the last few days you'll have this Ramadan to spend with your family. Use it wisely.

7. Finish reading a book on the Prophet

Read about the Prophet's life, which can increase your love for him and Islam by seeing how much he struggled for Allah's sake. It may inspire you to push yourself even harder during these last ten nights. This community is built on sacrifice.

Compiled From:
"16 things you can do on the Night of Power" - Abdul Malik Mujahid
http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=1049602440&msgid=31095620&act=216G&c=68038&admin=0&destination=http://www.soundvision.com/info/ramadan/10.16things.asp[/list]

The Almighty Allah says,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: