// muslim marry to an american
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The person I like most is the one who points out my defects - Umar (radiAllahu anhu)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: muslim marry to an american  (Read 3991 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jan 09, 2009 02:54 AM »

Can it work? What to look out for?  Cheesy
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009 03:52 AM »

are you talking about to a muslim or a non-muslim, and which one of the couple is muslim and isn't...makes a lot of difference. also what are the ethnicities and backgrounds. lots of muslims are americans and americans are muslims!! also see previous thread here in the anonymous section for a similar discussion.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009 01:50 PM »

Plz to you make you question clear so that we may understand your question

I Am an American and my husband is not but I am also Muslim
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009 02:13 PM »

Is your husband Muslim?... and what country is he from?
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2009 02:59 PM »

Yes my husband is muslim he is from eygpt
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009 10:19 PM »

Peace be on the followers of guidance,

All praise be to Allah.

If you are not Muslim, and you are married to a Muslim man, then what I advise you is to learn about Islam, and earnestly search for the truth, and open your heart to the religion of truth.

It may be a blessing from God that He married you to a Muslim, a noble follower of truth, as revealed by God, so that God could show you the path to success in the afterlife.

Islam is the religion taught by Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad, peace be upon them. 

Its main belief is that Allah (God) is One, and we devote all our worship to Him alone.  Allah is Just, Merciful, Loving, Wise, and Perfect.

We follow Prophet Muhammad, pbuh, since his teaching has reached us in its pure authentic form, and since he is the final messenger, his message abrogates the previous scriptures and teachings.  There is no Prophet after him.

If, however, you do not choose to embrace Islam, then be aware that you must respect your husband's religion, and not interfere with his practice of his faith.  You should not influence him to follow your religion or religious holidays.

You must also be prepared to raise your children as Muslims, and it is not permissible to teach them Christianity.  In order to do this, you will have to learn about Islam yourself.

Finally, there may be certain practices in your religion, such as drinking alcohol, eating pork, or displaying religious icons, that will cause harm to your husband, and you should avoid them.  In case of any conflicts, you should refer to an Imam, or Islamic scholar, to work out your differences.

I do hope and pray that you will learn about Islam, and that Allah guides your heart to embrace Islam and become our sister in faith.  Ameen.  Please do not hesitate to ask any more questions that you may have.

And Allah knows best.

Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2009 01:32 AM »

She said she is Muslim...now what say you?
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2009 10:33 AM »

peace be upon you

If the Muslim lady wants to live by her religion, marrying a non-Muslim is disallowed to her. In the present Western (or other non-Muslim) societies, even a male Muslim has to be very, very, careful in chosing a non-Muslim wife.

I know because when I was in the West, I looked at myself, at the society I was living in, and the trends therein, and decided that going alone to Hell was enough worriso,e thought, let alone dragging one's children along there. So I decided not to marry.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2009 05:30 PM »

I think if a bro gets married in America he has to marry a Muslim. (Morally and Ethically- I know Islam gives the option)I have never seen a mixed religion marriage result in children continuing on with Islam as their way of life.
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2009 08:17 PM »

Ok If I understand correctly, she's a Muslim American convert and he's an Egyptian Muslim who moved to the US? Well what problems would you have you ask... probably the normal one's every couple has plus some cultural type things that need getting used to. But I think you should be fine inshaallah. Keep Islam as your focus and priority and try to be open-minded about both american and egyptian cultures. Keep your friends diverse and do all the things that help marriages get stronger and you should be good.  bebzi
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2009 05:18 AM »

asak
If at all possible...
See how he treats you when the both of you are with his people.
The above poster is right. If he follows Islam and not 'hislam' or a cultural Islam- evrything will work out.
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2009 02:27 PM »

Am American and Muslim my parents are Muslim I have been Muslim since I was 7 my husband is Muslim but he is from Egypt and his parents are Muslim I also have been wearing full hijab from head to toes since I was 12 and I don't compromise my religion for anyone it is possible for an American to be raised Muslim it shouldn't matter where you are from if you want to marry only if your Muslim
Anonymous
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:00 AM »

I am catholic america married (does not cover) to arabic muslim. I been with him for three years and every so far is working out. We had ours ups and downs but all marriage does. I have learn so much and he has taught me so much. I respect him and he respect me. I marry him for him. I didn't even know what country or religion he was. I t doesn't borther me, I treat all people the same. I don't care what religion or color you are. We are all people. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and energy with me. I have learn so much from this site.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: