Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 23, 2014 11:45 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hand Lotions  (Read 3592 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Jan 11, 2009 08:13 AM »

ok, we've talked about face creams, how about hand lotions?
Any recommendations on hand lotions that would really help wintered, weathered, cracking open and bleeding hands and fingers?
I just put some Aveeno lotion on them and they are stinging like all get out.
I looked down as I was typing earlier and thought I had dirt on some of my fingers, it was actually cracked skin with dry blood. Shocked
I guess with it being winter, windy and dealing with the water trofts I deal with and then washing my hands so much due to the animals,
my hands are so dry, cracked and sore, any suggestions on a real thick healing type hand lotion?
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009 02:38 PM »

Assalaamu Alaykum sister.

I've got trouble with eczema on my hands, so many hand lotions just make it worse.  (And my hands are always in the dishwater at the restaurant  Angry) What I really like is a hand cream from Mary Kay called Extra Emollient Night Cream (I guess you're supposed to put it on at night...I put it on whenever...)  As I recall it's expensive (like $50) but it's worth it; my tube lasted quite a while (2.1 oz).

Take care.
Marcie
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
Marcie has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009 05:13 PM »

As salamu alaykum Ladies,

I have the same problem as you, Rahma.   Shocked I wear gloves all the time in the winter and need to wear plastic gloves when I am cooking.  I have some creams from Swwet Sunnah.  They work , but I don't like the smell.  I prefer Madgabs, because the scents are nicer.  2 ounces cost around 8.00 and I get the products online.  Right now they have a special deal for people.   Cheesy

Was salam,
Marcie   purplehijabisis
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2009 10:25 AM »

I've noticed that over the last 3yrs my hands have started to become very dry.  I've experimented with a few creams but the one that really seems to work for me and smells nice too is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E.   It works for me, but the only thing I would say is to be careful when you put it on.  I put it on once a short time before I had to do wuduu^, and when I started to do wuduu^, my hands felt really greasy, so maybe give it a longer time to get absorbed properly or just put it on at night perhaps, just before going to bed.

pinkhijabisis

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
shareislam
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
shareislam has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2009 02:28 AM »

Salam Alaikum
I'm a nurse and constantly washing my hands and using alcohol scrub on them. Recently another nurse had a bottle of Gold bond lotion. It was made by the company that makes the medicated powder. It smelled really good and left my hands nice and soft for a long time without being greasy. Another lotion that another nurse uses is one of those hemp lotions. She said she got it at Walmart. It's really nice as well. I'm just using a bottle of Lubriderm right now at the house and it works fine.
Stephanie
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2009 12:15 PM »

salaam,

vaseline has an intensive hand lotion that I've found is nice...  u should also see if the dryness is caused by the type of hand soap you are using, I would recommend getting one that is moisturizing.
Bobseed
Bro

Bobseed has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2009 01:23 AM »

Assalamu alaikum sisters.

Forget all the lotions and creams, please go for the real thing.......Olive Oil, but you must get the original. Try it and you'll never complain again.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2009 03:53 AM »

I heard recently about using olive oil.
I also have a wax machine my mum gave me, I should try using that, you put moisturizer on your hands and dip them
in warm to hot wax, bring your hands up so the wax dries and dip them again for several layers, wrap them in plastic and let
the heat help the moisturized soak in your skin.
I'mmbe trying this, this week, my hands are so bad from cold weather and farming.
gmansour
Madina Seeker

gmansour has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2009 04:04 AM »

I have a suggestion. Buy the original head and shoulder the blue shampoo, at night take some and rub it on dry skin let it become dry, let it sit overnight, in the morning wash it off. Do this for a week and you won't have this problem anymore. It works. I have psorisias for years and spent over 2000 in creams, lotion, light therpy, and pills nothing work. This work................ 

I just would like to learn as much as I can. I would like help cooking arabic dishes also learning the culture.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: