Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quran verses that encourage and speak to us  (Read 12336 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Jan 11, 2009 05:24 PM »

A dear sweet sister pm'ed me last nigh with some verses to recite/reflect on and one totally had me feeling a little at ease.
I thought maybe we could share those verses that speak to us, help us and comfort us during hard, rough, uncertain times.
So I hope you'll all share a verse or two. We have an 'official' dua thread, maybe this can be the
official Quran verses of encouragment thread Grin

Here is the one the sister sent me last night, May Allah bless her for her kindness and her taking time to send it to me.

009.129 But if they turn away, Say: "Allah sufficeth me: there is no god but He: On Him is my trust,- He the Lord of the Throne (of Glory) Supreme!"
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2009 02:09 PM »

Surah 94, Verses 5 and6

"Verily, with every difficulty there is relief, with every difficulty there is relief."

So many times I've read this and a sense of calm comes over me...
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009 04:06 PM »

002.286 لا يُكَلِّفُ اللَّهُ نَفْسًا إِلا وُسْعَهَا لَهَا مَا كَسَبَتْ وَعَلَيْهَا مَا اكْتَسَبَتْ رَبَّنَا لا تُؤَاخِذْنَا إِنْ نَسِينَا أَوْ أَخْطَأْنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تَحْمِلْ عَلَيْنَا إِصْرًا كَمَا حَمَلْتَهُ عَلَى الَّذِينَ مِنْ قَبْلِنَا رَبَّنَا وَلا تُحَمِّلْنَا مَا لا طَاقَةَ لَنَا بِهِ وَاعْفُ عَنَّا وَاغْفِرْ لَنَا وَارْحَمْنَا أَنْتَ مَوْلانَا فَانْصُرْنَا عَلَى الْقَوْمِ الْكَافِرِينَ

002.286 On no soul doth Allah Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

Al-Qur'an, 002.286 (Al-Baqara [The Cow])

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
shareislam
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
shareislam has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2009 08:54 AM »

Asalamu Alaikum,
I like this thread, lets keep it going inshallah.

Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest. ( 13:28)

O mankind, there has come to you a protection from your Lord and a healing for what is in your hearts, and for those who believe, a guidance and a mercy. (10:57)

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. (2:257)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2009 01:46 PM »

Ibn `Abbas (May Allah be pleased with them) said:
The Messenger of Allah (sallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam)
used to say when he was in distress:

"La ilaha illallahul-Azimul- Halim.
La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-`Arshil- `Azim.
La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati,
wa Rabbul-ardi, wa Rabbul-`Arshil- Karim.

(None has the right to be worshipped but Allah
the Incomparably Great, the Compassionate.
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah
the Rubb of the Mighty Throne.
None has the right to be worshipped but Allah
the Rubb of the heavens,
the Rubb of the earth,
and the Rubb of the Honourable Throne).

[ Al-Bukhari ].

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29, 2009 02:03 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

Jazakumallahu khiaran for starting this nice thread, may Allah reward you.

"Say:  Oh My servants who have wronged themselves, do not despair of the Mercy of Allah, Allah forgives all sins, Indeed Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
In the Name of Allah
bismillah hir rahman nir rahim
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
In the Name of Allah has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009 08:42 PM »

salam wa alikum
  suarat al baqarah
002.045 Nay, seek (God's) help with patient perseverance and prayer: It is indeed hard, except to those who bring a lowly spirit,-
002.046 Who bear in mind the certainty that they are to meet their Lord, and that they are to return to Him.

these and more verses from al baqarah , i do find peace in.

also...... surat ul kawthar (Abundance) and surat al Rahman
 fill me with peace and hope, sis

The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) commanded them (the women emigrants) to be regular (in remembering Allah by saying): "Allah is most great"; "Glory be to the King, the Holy"; "there is no god but Allah"; and that they should count them on fingers, for they will be questioned and asked to speak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: