// Why Have The Islamic Countries Failed To Develop Even With Resources Like Oil?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Have The Islamic Countries Failed To Develop Even With Resources Like Oil?  (Read 87 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Mar 07, 2014 09:19 AM »

A very interesting essay...

Why Have The Islamic Countries Failed To Develop Even With Resources Like Oil, While Countries With No Resources Like Switzerland Have Flourished?

It’s true. Outside of oil and gas projects and a few specific infrastructure projects (ports like Jebel Ali and airports like Dubai), far less real economic development has happened in the oil-rich parts of the Arab world than would be expected based on their great endowment of human and natural resources. The Islamic world isn’t monolithic, and it’s probably worthwhile to address relatively stable oil-rich states separately from Iraq, Iran, and Libya, again separately from other Islamic states without much oil separately from Asian Islamic countries like Malaysia and Indonesia. Let’s look specifically at the stable oil rich Arab Islamic states for now. I’m not an academic economist, political scientist, or cultural expert, but I lived in the region from 2004-2010, ran several businesses there, and have experience as a tech entrepreneur in the US and Europe, so I can comment directly on some of the challenges.

(There are some really interesting aspects of Iran, Pakistan, Egypt, Malaysia, and Indonesia which would be interesting to address separately — they demonstrate what happens when some of these trends are reversed and taken too far the other way. Those countries deserve another question.)

Overall, the local standard of living has improved dramatically — walking around Dubai or even a moderately sized city anywhere in the region shows a reasonable standard of living, especially compared to a few decades ago. All those shiny new condo buildings, huge hypermarkets, highways, etc.

However, it’s all consumption of energy wealth, not evidence of other productive economic activity.

Continued: http://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2013/01/08/why-have-the-islamic-countries-failed-to-develop-even-with-resources-like-oil-while-countries-with-no-resources-like-switzerland-have-flourished/
kungfupanda
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2014 01:40 PM »

I got half way through and knew he was a Zionist Jew.

The causes of the failures he lists are the often to the solutions  to these failures. And the solutions he gives are the causes of the failures.

He gives defiance to Israel, Jews and the west as a cause of failure and removal of Islamic fundamentalism as the solution.
But lets take a look at Iran for example, when it was a client state of Israel and America and was ruled by an Anti ISlamic secularist that banned Hijab, it suffered from repeated famines despite its oil and gas wealth.

Now it is advancing despite heavy sanctions and embargoes.

There are some countries that have used their oil wealth wisely. Malaysia did educate its people, and did invest in industry. Iraq had a very educated population before they were exterminated during and after the war.
But he does say, "Oh I mean the gulf. If so he should have titled it "Why Have The Gulf Countries Failed To Develop Even With Resources Like Oil, While Countries With No Resources Like Switzerland Have Flourished?""
I think he has done this, and repeats he is not attacking Islam over and over again in his article because he is doing exactly that, attacking Islam but being too cowardly to admit it.

OK, I will play ball. Lets call it gulf, and why it has failed to develop?
I would say the very existence of those countries were to insure failure.
The sykes picot agreement and carve up of the Uthmania Khilafah was to turn all the oil wells of the Uthmania Khilafah in to independent petty kingdoms.
While these states exist, they will insure failure, not just for themselves but for the wider Islamic world.
They are oil wells with no population to invest in. No people to work in any meaningful industry, while the rest of the Islamic world is deprived of that oil wealth. They have to populations but no fuel or money to develop industry.
The key issue that will result in success is the opposite of what he calls for. These lands need to be united. Need to break from Israel/US control and and then develop in their own way.
This is something this man as a Zionist Jew will oppose, because success in the Muslim world will mean the end to his Israel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: