// Graduation Gift
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: My son, when you pray, do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don�t assume you will have another chance to pray again. My son, know that a believer dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will get immediate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits - Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graduation Gift  (Read 2827 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jan 12, 2009 07:02 PM »

Salam
Need ideas for graduation gifts, its for my one and only dearest sister. She has worked really hard(taking care of three kids, mother-in-law and sometimes my parents,sometimes babysitter for my other sibling kids and has been my best friend ) and is Inshallah graduating this summer. I want to give her some thing good. If I could, I would have given her my heart (but guess thats not possible). Any ideas what would be good and not very very expensive.
Jazak Allah khairun
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2009 09:36 PM »

just try asking around to what is something she really wanted try asking her firends
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2009 09:37 PM »

ws,

what is your price range?

try something just for her.. like a spa treatment, perfume, designer purse, gift certificate to her favorite store where she can only buy stuff for her...
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009 09:48 PM »

This is a bit chessy but it might work take her somewhere eat wher there are a lot of stores just look at things she might like
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009 10:31 PM »

salam

What kind of things is she into, what are her hobbies her interests, what does she aspire to, what are her frivolous spends?

I buy fabulous presents, but I need more info on your sis......

Oh but I love to shop, moreso if it aint my money.

Also where are you UK or States? Need to know if I'm googling gifts.

And one more thing, altho it should have been the first. You sound like the sweetest, loveliest little sister ever mashallah. Long may your love and admiration for your sister last and I hope she too continues to love you so much ......I hope my girls are like this as they grow inshallah.

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009 01:03 PM »

Jazak Allah Khair for all the replies.

I am in US. We are in different states, therefore it wont be possible for me to take her for dinner.
She is a typical woman likes clothes, perfumes, shoes etc. I was thinking of jewlery(bracelet- her husband might be giving her something like that I am guessing) and also my budget wont allow something really expensive (I guess I could really strech to it $150 or may be a little more)

Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009 03:13 PM »

salam

If her husband is getting her a braclet how about a charm to put on the bracelet?

http://www.stepheneinhorn.co.uk/product.asp?pc=J9-94&p_subcategory=GI18

Or more jewelery

http://www.julesjewelry.com/store/WsDefault.asp?Cat=braceletsanklets

Clothes, you could go out and buy her a tunic, impossible for me to make suggestions as I don't know her style, Shukr had some gorgeous tops on sale a while back try them.

With perfume it's a bit trickier, you could get her usual scent or buy her a new one which is a risk.

I'll keep looking

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009 10:32 AM »

Make her a scrapbook!!!

Very labor intensive, but oh so much more meaningful!
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Jan 17, 2009 03:10 AM »

Think of something that is priceless, comes from your heart. Memories are the best gift. pinkhijabisis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: