// [FAQ] Where are the old Madina news postings?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Non-judgemental: The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAQ] Where are the old Madina news postings?  (Read 2160 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 15, 2009 10:36 AM »

Q. Where are all the old Madina news headlines/quotes/postings/news?

A. In this thread!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2009 10:37 AM »

One who thinks and reflects develops his foresight and Vision.
-’Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA)

“When you pass by the meadows of Paradise indulge freely in it.” They said: “O Messeneger of Allah, what are the meadows of Paradise?” He replied: “The circles of knowlegde.”

“When you pass by the meadows of Paradise indulge freely in it.” They said: “O Messeneger of Allah, what are the meadows of Paradise?”
He replied: “The circles of knowlegde.”

The failure to attain perception is tself perception. -Abu Bakr (RA)

The failure to attain perception is tself perception.
-Abu Bakr (RA)

Whoever knows all things without knowing God-Great and Glorious-is not worthy to be called wise because he does not know the most sublime and highest of all things. -Imam Al-Ghazali

Whoever knows all things without knowing God-Great and Glorious-is not worthy to be called wise because he does not know the most sublime and highest of all things.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself. -Shaykh Sa’di

A learned man who doesn’t restrain his passions is like a blind man holding a torch, he guides others but not himself.
-Shaykh Sa’di

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me. -Imam Al-Ghazali

Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometimes helps me and sometimes opposes me.
-Imam Al-Ghazali

Know that the reality of freedom is the perfection of servitude. -Al-Qushayri

Know that the reality of freedom is the perfection of servitude.
-Al-Qushayri

May God steal from you all that steals you away from Him. -Rabi’a al-’Adawiyya

May God steal from you all that steals you away from Him.
-Rabi’a al-’Adawiyya

Lonliness is better than bad company. -Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Lonliness is better than bad company.
-Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are. -Shaykh Sa’di

It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are.
-Shaykh Sa’di

Anyone who seeks Allah will surely find him. -Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Anyone who seeks Allah will surely find him.
-Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Those whose eyes never see beyond the world of phenomena are like those who mistake servants of the lowest rank for the king. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

Those whose eyes never see beyond the world of phenomena are like those who mistake servants of the lowest rank for the king.
-The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress. -The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

The true greatness of man lies in his capacity for eternal progress.
-The Alchemy of Happiness, Imam Al-Ghazali

I am happy even before I have a reason. -Hafiz

I am happy even before I have a reason.
-Hafiz

What is this precious love and laughter     Budding in our hearts?     It is the glorious sound     Of a soul waking up!     -Hafiz

What is this precious love and laughter
    Budding in our hearts?

It is the glorious sound
    Of a soul waking up!
    -Hafiz

Dear companions, We have been in love with God For so very, very long. -Hafiz

Dear companions,
We have been in love with God
For so very, very long.
-Hafiz

Something missing in my heart tonight     Has made my eyes so soft.     My voice     So tender     My need of God     Absolutely     Clear.     -Hafiz

Something missing in my heart tonight
    Has made my eyes so soft.
    My voice
    So tender

My need of God
    Absolutely
    Clear.
    -Hafiz

Do not sit long with a sad friend. When you go to a garden, do you look at the weeds? Spend more time with the roses and jasmines. (taken into context) -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Do not sit long with a sad friend. When you go to a garden, do you look at the weeds? Spend more time with the roses and jasmines. (taken into context)
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Only from the heart Can you touch the sky. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Only from the heart Can you touch the sky.
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred….Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace. -Hafiz

Now is the time to know that all that you do is sacred….Now is the time for you to deeply compute the impossibility that there is anything but grace.
-Hafiz

Even after all this time The sun never says to the earth, “You owe Me.” Look what happens with A love like that, It lights the Whole Sky.     -Hafiz

Even after all this time The sun never says to the earth, “You owe Me.” Look what happens with A love like that, It lights the Whole Sky.
    -Hafiz

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet. -Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
-Maulana Jelaluddin Rumi

One who seeks the unseekable cannot subsequently be accused of     negligence in seeking what is seekable. -Hujjat al-Islam (the Proof of Islam) Imam Al-Ghazali

One who seeks the unseekable cannot subsequently be accused of
    negligence in seeking what is seekable. -Hujjat al-Islam (the Proof of Islam) Imam Al-Ghazali

Knowledge raises the low, but ignorance brings down the mighty. -Ali (RA)

Knowledge raises the low, but ignorance brings down the mighty. -Ali (RA)

“If you are destined for good fortune you will be blessed; if afflictions have been ordained, no matter where you hide they will seek you out. Submit therefore before the will of Allah; be grateful in well-being and endure adversity with fortitude, that His light may radiate within your being.” -Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (R.A)

“If you are destined for good fortune you will be blessed; if afflictions have been ordained, no matter where you hide they will seek you out. Submit therefore before the will of Allah; be grateful in well-being and endure adversity with fortitude, that His light may radiate within your being.”

-Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani (R.A)

The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it. - Hassan al-Basri

The World is three days: As for yesterday, it has vanished, along with all that was in it. As for tomorrow, you may never see it. As for today, it is yours, so work in it.
- Hassan al-Basri

Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy. - Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Suffering is a gift. In it is hidden mercy. - Jalaluddin al-Rumi

If you are aware of your humility, then you are arrogant. - Ibn Ata'illah

If you are aware of your humility, then you are arrogant.
- Ibn Ata'illah

To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him. - Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

To admonish your brother in private is to advise him and improve him. But to admonish him publicly is to disgrace and shame him.
- Imam Shafi (rahimullah)

Knowledge is of two kinds: that which is absorbed and that which is heard. And that which is heard does not profit if it is not absorbed. - Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

Knowledge is of two kinds: that which is absorbed and that which is heard. And that which is heard does not profit if it is not absorbed.
- Ali ibn abi Talib (radiAllah anhu)

The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God's message. - Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)

The eye of the heart, though closed in fallen man, is able to take in a glimmering of light and this is faith. But anway of living causes a covering like rust to accumulate over the heart so that it cannot sense the Divine origin of God's message.
- Martin Lings (Abu Bakr Sirajuddin)

Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist. - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist.
- Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

I will not serve God like a labourer, in expectation of my wages. - Rabia al-Adawiya

I will not serve God like a labourer, in expectation of my wages.
- Rabia al-Adawiya

How long will you keep pounding on an open door Begging for someone to open it? - Rabia al-Adawiyyah

How long will you keep pounding on an open door
Begging for someone to open it? - Rabia al-Adawiyyah

'Work for your terrestrial life in proportion to your location in it, and work for your afterlife in proportion to your eternity in it. - abu Hamid al-Ghazali

'Work for your terrestrial life in proportion to your location in it, and work for your afterlife in proportion to your eternity in it. - abu Hamid al-Ghazali

My son, when you pray, do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don�t assume you will have another chance to pray again. My son, know that a believer dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will get immediate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits - Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)

My son, when you pray, do it like a person who is bidding farewell to this world, and don�t assume you will have another chance to pray again. My son, know that a believer dies in between two deeds, one he offers for today, where he will get immediate blessings, and the second deed is what he offers towards the day of resurrection, and that is where he will gain the ultimate benefits
- Muadh Ibn Jabal (radiAllahu anhu)

O Lord! If I worship You from fear of Hell, cast me into Hell. If I worship You from desire for Paradise, deny me Paradise but if I worship You for Your own sake, then withhold not from me Your Eternal Beauty - Rabia al-Adawiya

O Lord!
If I worship You from fear of Hell, cast me into Hell.
If I worship You from desire for Paradise, deny me Paradise
but if I worship You for Your own sake,
then withhold not from me Your Eternal Beauty
- Rabia al-Adawiya

The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven. - Hasan al-Basri

The Righteous Salaf were as fearful of their good deeds being squandered, or not being accepted, as the present generation is certain that their neglect would be forgiven.
- Hasan al-Basri

True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a person whose devotion is in need of devotion. - as Sousi

True devotion is to loose the faculty of being conscious of your devotion; for someone who identifies devotion in his devotion is a person whose devotion is in need of devotion.
- as Sousi

Put aside your pride, Set down your arrogance, And remember your grave. - Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

Put aside your pride,
Set down your arrogance,
And remember your grave.
- Ali ibn Abu Talib (radiAllahu anhu)

One of the signs of relying on deeds is loss of hope when a misstep occurs. - Ibn Ata'illah Iskandari

One of the signs of relying on deeds is loss of hope when a misstep occurs. - Ibn Ata'illah Iskandari

Does money upset the hearts of learned men? He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned" - abu Hamid al Ghazali

Does money upset the hearts of learned men?
He answered, "men whose hearts are changed by money are not learned"
- abu Hamid al Ghazali

The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol of each person is his Ego. - Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
and the idol of each person is his Ego.
- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

Do to me, O Allah, what is worthy of Thee; And not what is worthy of me. - Saadi al-Shiraz

Do to me, O Allah, what is worthy of Thee; And not what is worthy of me.
- Saadi al-Shiraz

We should think of those who were famous for their good deeds or their bad deeds; did their fame raise them one single degree in the sight of Allah. Did it win them a reward that they had not already won by their actions during their life? - Ibn Hazm

We should think of those who were famous for their good deeds or their bad deeds; did their fame raise them one single degree in the sight of Allah. Did it win them a reward that they had not already won by their actions during their life?
- Ibn Hazm

Say the truth even if it may be bitter. - Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)

Say the truth even if it may be bitter.
- Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wasalam)

Intelligence is the shadow of objective truth. How can the shadow vie with sunshine? - Jalaluddin al-Rumi

Intelligence is the shadow of objective truth.
How can the shadow vie with sunshine?
- Jalaluddin al-Rumi

If a gem falls into mud it is still valuable. If dust ascends to heaven, it remains valueless. - Saadi al-Shiraz

If a gem falls into mud it is still valuable.
If dust ascends to heaven, it remains valueless.
- Saadi al-Shiraz

Truthfulness is composed of justice and courage. - Ibn Hazm

Truthfulness is composed of justice and courage.
- Ibn Hazm

Ikhlaas is to forget the vision of creation by constantly looking at the Creator. - Abu Uthman

Ikhlaas is to forget the vision of creation by constantly looking at the Creator.
- Abu Uthman

In the sea there are countless treasures, But if you desire safety, it is on the shore. - Sa'di

In the sea there are countless treasures,
But if you desire safety, it is on the shore.
- Sa'di

Seeking knowledge at an Young age is like engraving on a stone. - Hasan al-Basri

Seeking knowledge at an Young age is like engraving on a stone.
- Hasan al-Basri

Like us many have spoken over this spring, but they were gone in the twinkling of an eye. We conquered the world with bravery and might, but we did not take it with us to the grave. - Zahiruddin Muhammad (Babur)

Like us many have spoken over this spring, but they were gone in the twinkling of an eye.
We conquered the world with bravery and might, but we did not take it with us to the grave.
- Zahiruddin Muhammad (Babur)

Knowledge is not what is memorised. Knowledge is what benefits. - Imam Shafi'

Knowledge is not what is memorised.
Knowledge is what benefits.
- Imam Shafi'

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses. - Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

The hypocrite looks for faults; the believer looks for excuses.
- Abu Hamid al-Ghazali

Those who Know they do not Know that to Know is to Know what they do not Know!   - (Aveccina) Ali Sina

Those who Know they do not Know that to Know is to Know what they do not Know!
  - (Aveccina) Ali Sina

The 'best awareness [ma'rifa] is for a man to have self-awareness. And the best knowledge ['ilm] is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge.'   - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami

The 'best awareness [ma'rifa] is for a man to have self-awareness.
And the best knowledge ['ilm] is for a man to stop at the limit of his knowledge.'
  - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami

The Qur'an guides you to the recognition of your illnesses and to their remedies. Your illness are your sins, and your medicine is seeking Allah's Forgiveness.   - Qatadah

The Qur'an guides you to the recognition of your illnesses
and to their remedies.
Your illness are your sins,
and your medicine is seeking Allah's Forgiveness.
  - Qatadah

"The word "shams" (sun) is feminine, and "qamar" (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala be pleased with them."   - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami

"The word "shams" (sun) is feminine, and "qamar" (moon) is masculine. The sun burns itself out to give light and life to everything around, and the moon is muneer, meaning it reflects the light. Within itself it has no light; it radiates the brilliance of the sun. So when we shine as men, the implication is that we are reflecting the glorious light of our women. May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'aala be pleased with them."
  - Shaykh Abdullah Adhami

It is far better to live like a lion for a day then to live like a jackal for hundred years. - Tipu Sultan

It is far better to live like a lion for a day then to live like a jackal for hundred years.
- Tipu Sultan

The essence of knowledge is to know what obedience and worship are - abu Hamid al-Ghazali

The essence of knowledge is to know
what obedience and worship are
- abu Hamid al-Ghazali

Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today - El-Malik el-Shabbaz (Malcolm X)

Education is our passport to the future,
for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today
- El-Malik el-Shabbaz (Malcolm X)

Never forget that turning a blind eye to oppression and watching from the sidelines is itself opression - Harun Yahya

Never forget that turning a blind eye
to oppression
and watching from the sidelines
is itself opression
- Harun Yahya

Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you - Ali (radi Allahu anhu)

Meet people in such a manner that if you die,
they should weep for you,
and if you live,
they should long for you
- Ali (radi Allahu anhu)

The person I like most is the one who points out my defects - Umar (radiAllahu anhu)

The person I like most is the one who points out my defects
- Umar (radiAllahu anhu)

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity - Ibn al-Qayyim

O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish,
falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity
- Ibn al-Qayyim

Knowledge is taken from breath, not lives in a book - Sahykh Hamza Yusuf

Knowledge is taken from breath,
not lives in a book
- Sahykh Hamza Yusuf

Whoever desires to purify his heart, then let him prefer Allah to his desires - Ibn al-Qayyim

Whoever desires to purify his heart,
then let him prefer Allah to his desires
- Ibn al-Qayyim

If someone wants to know what position he enjoys in the eyes of God, he has only to look at what place he gives to God (in his heart and life) - Hakim

If someone wants to know what position he enjoys in the eyes of God,
he has only to look at what place he gives to God (in his heart and life)
- Hakim

“Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)

“Many times I heard Imam Ahmad saying (when asked to give his opinion) on controversial scholarly issues ‘I do not know.’” - Abu Dawud (ra)

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you - Hasan al-Basri

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you
- Hasan al-Basri

Welcome to the Madina happy

Welcome to the Madina happy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: