// Please guide me for learning Quran and about Islam
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please guide me for learning Quran and about Islam  (Read 3305 times)
homequran
« on: Jan 15, 2009 11:24 PM »

AOA all,

I am a Muslim but till now did not follow the rules of Islam but know want to Learn-Quran in the write manner but there is no Mosque near my place so I am having some difficulty some of my friends told me that now a times there are ways to learn Quran online but I don’t know which one are good in teaching Quran and about Islam so if any body could guide me I would be really great full to him or here

Kamran
Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2009 06:57 PM »

Asalamaualikum wrt wb dear brother Kamran,

Congratulations to you dear brother for desiring to learn about Islam, the religion of truth, and the path to your success in the afterlife.  You have done well.

A very good website by a righteous, trustworthy, knowledgeable shaikh, is:

http://www.islamqa.com/en

They also have knowledge in Urdu, if that language is easier for you.

If there are any questions that your brothers and sisters on this board can help you with, please feel free to ask.   We are here to help.

Take care dear brother.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2009 09:28 PM »

wsalam,

I would never send someone to islamqa or any other q & a site to learn islam! Those are fatwa sites and cannot teach you Quran or Islam in a holistic manner.

homequran the best thing you can do is buy some cds of quran recitation and books about tajweed (proper pronounciation) and use these to read the Quran properly. and then i would suggest some books about general topics in islam that you can read about from well known authors.

Don't learn islam from online... it is always biased and never well balanced. 100% I would recommend a teacher. You can find one, you may have to travel for some classes or things like that but make the effort inshaAllah and they can help guide you on your way.
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009 05:05 AM »

yay!!!

jannah, you said what i wanted to say in a better way.

incidentally, what do people think of abdul hakim murad (aka tim winter)?

i obviously think he's the bomb.  but i'm not sure many people know that much about him.

assalamualaikum
awaiskazmi11
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2011 02:31 AM »

Assalam 0 alaekum brothers ,
Well i don't agree with jannah , my two kids are taking online quran lessons from an institute ( eQuran Institute) , but i never felt biased attitude , they just do what they have told they would do. One of my kid can pronounce alphabets well and the other is able to recite the Holy quran. @homequran , I would recommend you to find the most suitable online quran institute for you because online quran learning is convenient and effective.
Jazkallah
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2011 03:31 AM »

wsalaam,

br awais, we were talking about learning Islam from Q&A sites not about learning tajweed or memorization through teachers online. I've noticed a huge upswing in these "e-quran we will teach your child to read the holy quran" from overseas sites and incessant calling to US numbers to rival dish network Smiley. It's an interesting phenomenon, but it's rather odd in that we have Quran classes, mosques and teachers all over the US, but perhaps its useful to someone living in a very rural area. 
awaiskazmi11
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2011 09:32 AM »

Assalam o alaekum ,
@jannah brother , homequran was talking about the Learn-Quran , anyways , i agree , this isn't a good thing that they use to call at home numbers for quran learning , my both of the kids are admitted and even then i receive calls from other institutes for online quran learning :-) , May Allah bless them all if they have an aim to spread the teachings of Islam , Jazakallah
Nafs
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2011 10:15 AM »

This is part of the off tangent discussion.. I know it's better to have a live teacher/classroom experience, but as far as learning to recite the Quran/tajweed, I think some of the Internet stuff that has become availabile is cool. A few cousins of mine who I don't if it's because of convenience or lack of anyone near by have started learning the Quran online, and so far they seem to be enjoying it mashaAllah.
awaiskhan

Reputation Power: 1
awaiskhan has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2013 10:37 PM »

“my mission is  building schools for girls in Islamic countries and learning and studying the Holy Qur’an,” Madonna the US pop icon said in an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Agence France Presse (AFP) reported on Sunday, October 6.
Learn Quran for kids and female
we have experienced online Islamic scholars and Quran teacher who  learn Quran online  with islamic teaching adopting method up to student mentality and knowledge level.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2013 01:41 PM »

That's an interesting quote from Madonna (if it is true that is), I think she's been into Kabbalah and the fringes of secular Sufism for awhile. But you know thinking about this, for someone that's based their entire life on their feminine body (she works out some crazy hours everyday and all her videos and books), I think letting go of this and focusing on the divine would be very difficult. But good on her if she's into building girls' schools etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: