Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Lonliness is better than bad company. -Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Mattson to offer prayer at US Presidential Inauguration  (Read 1236 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 19, 2009 08:24 PM »

Of course now the media has all these articles about her being linked to Hamas because ISNA was on the un-indicted co-conspirators list of the case in Texas, along with every other major Muslim organization.  Angry

=====================================================
Dr. Mattson to offer prayer at US Presidential Inauguration iA

Indianapolis, January 16th - On Wednesday, January 21st, Dr. Ingrid Mattson will represent American Muslims as she offers a prayer at the inaugural National Prayer Service at the National Cathedral. Dr. Mattson is the first woman president of the Islamic Society of North America.

"I am honored to join distinguished colleagues from the diversity of American religious communities in celebrating this historic inauguration," commented Dr. Mattson. "Muslim Americans join their fellow citizens in praying that our country will continue to realize, ever more fully, the American dream of freedom, justice and equality for all people."

Dr. Mattson is part of the interfaith leadership of the National Prayer Service that includes prayers from Rabbis, Christian clergy and Hindu leadership alike.

Ingrid Mattson, PhD
President
The Islamic Society of North America
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 02:42 PM »

Associated Press
Obama prayer leader from group US linked to Hamas
By MATT APUZZO , 01.17.09, 06:41 PM EST

A Muslim scholar chosen to speak at President-elect Barack Obama's inaugural prayer service Wednesday is the leader of a group that federal prosecutors say has ties to terrorists.

Ingrid Mattson, president of the Islamic Society of North America, is one of many religious leaders scheduled to speak at the prayer service at Washington's National Cathedral.

Mattson has been the guest of honor at State Department dinners and has met with senior Pentagon officials during the Bush administration. She also spoke at a prayer service at the Democratic National Convention in Denver.

But in 2007 and as recently as last July, federal prosecutors in Dallas filed court documents linking the Hartford, Conn.-based Islamic society to the group Hamas, which the U.S. considers a terrorist organization.

Neither Mattson nor her organization have been charged. But prosecutors wrote in July that they had "a wide array of testimonial and documentary evidence expressly linking" the group to Hamas and other radical groups.

Linda Douglass, a spokeswoman for Obama's inaugural committee, would not discuss the case or say whether the committee knew about it.

"She has a stellar reputation in the faith community," Douglass said Saturday night.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2009 06:09 PM »

Yeah those are the ridiculous reports... note that CAIR, ISNA, AMANA and a number of other ALL MAJOR MUSLIM organizations were also named as "co-conspirators". So that would mean every single person that has gone to an ISNA convention is also "linked to Hamas". Which would just about link every Muslim in the US to these organizations and "Hamas". Amazing how they can tar everyone like this... or let me add disgusting.

UPDATE: I believe this will happen tomorrow (wednesday) according to the schedule thingy.

Abdurahman
Bro

Reputation Power: 4
Abdurahman has no influence :(

Oh Allah, Guide us to the Straight Path.

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009 12:41 AM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah.

To US Media:

I believe Dr. Ingrid Matteson is a great, peaceful, pick to lead the prayer.  The accusations against ISNA are remanants of Bush's illegal policies against Muslims.

Islam teaches belief in the afterlife and that all people will be accountable in front of God on the Day of Judgment. It is untrue that Muslims use violence to force others to accept Islam, if this were so, India, Spain, and many parts of Europe, would be Muslim, since Muslims ruled there for hundreds of years. The Quran says: "There is no compulsion in religion; truth is clear from falsehood."

President Obama should be thanked for inspiring people to believe in God, instead of making them fear the 'terror-bogeyman'. The origin of all true religions is one, that God is One, and that we worship Him alone.

I hope that one of President Obama's first priorities is addressing Islamophobia and illegal scare tactics used by special interests, and that the media show the Muslim side of their stories.

And Allah knows best.

Be merciful to those on earth, and the One in the Heavens will be merciful to you.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009 10:13 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I can't believe they are linking Dr. Mattson to Hamas!  How ridiculous and frightening... what idiots  shaykh
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009 04:29 PM »

ws,

Omg there are HUNDREDS of articles now on every news service calling her a TERRORIST, Isna a HAMAS ORGANIZATION, etc etc... So horrible. They can just never stop trying to link every single Muslim to terrorism.

I'm watching the service live now: http://www.nationalcathedral.org/presidents/service.html

It keeps coming in and out... but I saw dr mattson in a nice blue hijab!!
Sr.Kathy
Sis

Reputation Power: 18
Sr.Kathy has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009 05:42 PM »

What the program said she was going to say:

Dr. Ingrid Mattson
President, Islamic Society of North America
and Director of Center for Islamic Studies and Christian-Muslim Relations, Hartford Seminary

On this day of new beginnings, with hearts lifted high in hope, may we be a people at peace among ourselves and
a blessing to other nations. We pray to you, O God, saying
Keep this nation under your care,
And guide us in the way of justice and truth.

"Allah surely knows the warmth of every teardrop... " Jaihoon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: