Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Efficiency: The Prophet said: 'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhârî)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New president, fresh death-toll count...  (Read 1334 times)
nuh
« on: Jan 20, 2009 05:07 PM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

The believers, men and women, are Awliya of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Ma'ruf (good), and forbid  (people) from Munkar (evil). (9:71)

Today the posturing stops, the empty speeches stop and real leadership must begin.

The blood of the sons and daughters of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan (and where-ever else American's are killing Muslims) falls on the new Commander and Chief, Barrack Obama not George W Bush. We as a collective ummah must place political pressure where it is due.

And hold fast to Allah’s rope all together, and do not be divided. (3:103)

May Allah grant us all Tawfiq.  Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn

nuh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2009 05:23 PM »

The numbers to close out the previous president's account:

Casualties in Iraq
The Human Cost of Occupation
In Combat

American Deaths 4229
Other Coalition Troops - 317
Contractor Deaths - 446

Casualties in Afghanistan
In Combat

US Military Deaths - 640
Other Military Deaths - 420

Sources: DoD, MNF, and iCasualties.org

Iraqi Casualties in Iraq
In Combat

Military and Civilian Deaths - 1 309 319

Sources: JustForeignPolicy.org

How many more children of Bani Adam (as) will die in the next four years?
Let's ask our western, democratic leaders!

Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn

sofia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
sofia has no influence :(

Ya Muqallib Al-Quloob thabbit quloobana ala deenik

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009 02:14 AM »

As-salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullah,

I would sooooo not want to be Obama (although I'm glad it's a new day).

As one of my students once put it, I wish I were a rock or a tree (sounds like that Dawud Wharnsby song).

-sofia

"My Lord! Increase me in knowledge." (Qur'aan 20.114)
"Our Lord! We believe, so forgive us, and have mercy on us, for You are the Best of all who show mercy!" (23:109)
"And hold fast, all together, by the rope which Allah (stretches out for you), and be not divided among yourselves..."(3:10)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2009 05:04 AM »

ummm, not to sound rude, but the man hasn't been in office yet but 12 hours?
He can't undo 8 yrs in 12 hrs time, how about we give this man a chance?
Yes, it is awful what our brothers and sisters in those countries are enduring,
but sadly it is something that can't be fixed over night.
Inshallah this will be an honorable man who will bring forth change
but just as a cut needs to be cleaned, stitched and needs time to heal,
so will all the problems this man is facing.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2009 10:13 AM »

salam

It's going to take at least the first term to even begin putting changes into motion. Dunno about the American system but the english one takes ages to undo/amend, and we don't even have a written consitution to work round.

I'm hoping the new president makes the positive changes he has come to symbolise, I'll be pleasantly surprised if he does, but he is only human and he has a lot to live up to.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
nuh
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2009 10:53 PM »

Invite (mankind) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better.  (16:125)

It's going to take at least the first term to even begin putting changes into motion. Dunno about the American system but the english one takes ages to undo/amend, and we don't even have a written consitution to work round.

It did not take four years to start wars on two different fronts and kill tens of thousands of innocent muslims. Why should it take so long to put an end to the murder?

The blood is on President Obama hands now:

Tuesday 20 January: 9 dead

Baghdad:
5 (inc. mother and child, elderly man and his daughter) killed by bombs.

Ninewa
Mosul: gunmen kill 2; 1 body found.

Basra
Zubair: roadside bomb kills policeman.

Hope he enjoyed his prayer service in Washington today:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iDmcQqGralHeSYDteNl6mjlyOCFgD95RP4E81

The believers, men and women, are Awliya of one another, they enjoin (on the people) Ma'ruf (good), and forbid  (people) from Munkar (evil). (9:71)

Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn zbigniew
nuh
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009 08:15 PM »

Allah will not call you to account for thoughtlessness in your oaths, but for the intention in your hearts(2:225)

The blood is on President Obama hands now:

Wednesday 21 January: 34 dead

Baghdad:
bomb kills 4.

Salahuddin
Dour: roadside bomb kills 5 policemen.
Samarra: 1 beheaded body found.

Tameem
Kirkuk: roadside bomb kills 1.

Babil
Al Asriya: bomb kills 1.
Haswa: bomb kills teacher.

Basra
Al Jubeida: woman is killed by landmine.
Basra: 1 body found.

Diyala
Khalis:
18 bodies found in mass graves.

Arbil
Qayara
: 1 body found.

The Prophet said: 'War is deceit.' Bukhari - 52:269

May Allah increase us in beneficial knowledge and keep us all steadfast upon His Straight Path till death. And may Allah preserve jannah.org upon what He ta'aala loves. Ameen.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn zbigniew
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:39 PM »

OK tell me how is this Obama's fault? Were the landmines US? The mass graves US?
Bro Nuh, how does a man take an office and now feel his is now 100% responsable.
Even if the troops pulled out today between Iran and the shia shite, etc etc
they'd still be killing each other.
Why is everything the US's fault, why is everything supposed to be either stopped or supported and taken care of by the US?
I mean Iraqi people are killing Iraqi people and before the US
seems Sadam did a great job of killing Iraqi people.
Come on brother, your heart sounds filled with bitterness and the desire to point fingers and lay blame.
nuh
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009 10:59 PM »

Muslims have been united in putting pressure on the US executive branch in recent years, just because there is a newly elected 'commander and chief' doesn't mean that we should let up when real human beings are being killed.

If the numbers are reported, the ummah should know the death-toll to stay involved in the political struggle.

Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: