// Al Jazeera & the inauguration
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One of the signs of relying on deeds is loss of hope when a misstep occurs. - Ibn Ata'illah Iskandari
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Al Jazeera & the inauguration  (Read 3304 times)
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« on: Jan 21, 2009 04:55 PM »

assalamualaikum

how many people were watching al jazeera's inauguration coverage?

i was really surprised how it seemed like a continuous torrent of criticism of obama because he didn't mention a 7 point middle east peace place or give a stern reprimand to israel in his 20 minute inauguration address.  i mean this was an address to americans, many of whom already think he is the liberal brother of satan himself.

i was really surprised, and even my sister looked up and said, "WHAT?!"  when their political commentator (marwan) said that obama didn't need to mention "muslim world, mosques, muslims,...." and that if he was serious about the muslim world all he needed to  do was mention palestine and how he planned to solve it.

the last i heard there were many, many other muslim countries in the muslim world as well. addressing palestine is not the same as addressing all muslims.   it helps, but it is not the same thing.

even my sister, got fed up with all the negative stuff about obama on al jazeera.

obama is potentiallly the greatest president since george washington; we ought to give him a chance before jumping on him and making him W's long lost brother.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2009 05:19 PM »

ws,

I didn't watch al-jazeera's coverage of the inauguration but I did watch it for the election and they seemed really positive then and kept showing obama's father's family in his village in kenya and having interviews over there along with interviews all over the Muslim world of all these people so happy and optimistic about obama.

Recently I was watching the coverage on Gaza on al-jazeera and found it very disappointing and disturbing? They seem to show videos and pictures of the massacres and the families and the dying, but then they let the VERY experienced and WELL spoken Israeli spokespeople come on and give their long winded viewpoints on air, don't refute any of it and continue showing the horrible videos. Huh?

I watched one interview where the anchorwoman (she had a scottish accent?) was interviewing an Israeli aide and he kept making excellent (infuriating to me) points and pushing the Zionist propaganda viewpoint and she kept coming back with "ahem..uh...well the people are saying that this is too much..heehee" I mean who made her an anchorwoman let alone a journalist? Could they not find a single decent reporter in the Muslim world that could ask some decent hard-hitting questions. She kept saying "but...uh..." and trying to come up with something but couldn't make any type of argument or question. Even if they have a poor interviewer they should have had someone on the other side to give their viewpoint. It's not her job to defend the Palestinians but to ask the right questions and have someone else to show the other side to have balanced journalism.

I also saw an Israeli spokeswoman who held up a glossy satellite photo of Gaza and she said "You see these in red these are where all the millitant terrorists are, and around these are mosques and schools. We can't help if those people are there. We are trying to reach our targets." UNBELIEVABLE. And she went on like this for 10 minutes and then what... nothing. No one there to say WTH and reply back or anything. Later on in the day they have some Arab official on and he just starts yelling emotionally that Israel is a liar, they're all liars, etc etc... Seriously, how do we expect anyone to understand what is going on in the world. Why can't we produce and develop some excellent journalists or spokespeople or debators!!! Israeli spokespeople are PR Experts, they know what to say, how to say it, how to stick to their talking points, how to make the other look bad. They have the money, the support and NO ACCENTS. When are we going to progress??

lucid
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2009 05:30 PM »

maybe you get a different al jazeera than me.  maybe there is a separate north american al jazeera.

on my al jazeera its all negative stuff about isreal.  i don't recall a single positive story on israel or any commentator who did not criticize israel in some way.

to be frank, i don't watch much of it.  i only watch it to see what kind of spin they put on current events.

assalamualaikum
UN
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009 04:03 AM »

hey lucid,

you need not worry Israel will soon be annihilated. And its supporters too.

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The Hour [the Day of Judgement] will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. A Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say, 'O Muslim, O slave of Allaah! There is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!' – except for the gharqad (box thorn), for it is one of the trees of the Jews." (Reported by Muslim, 2922).
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2009 06:16 AM »

I watched Hanan Ashrawi on Al-Jazeera on the day of the inauguration and she was a joy to listen to.  I always liked her.  If only the Palestinians would choose her to lead them.  The Egos of the men would be something of the past.  She is intelligent and articulate!

Coming back to the Al-Jazeera and its coverage, it seems that most of the people they choose to interview from the Arab world are those who get angry easily hence can not put forth an arguement or point view that intelligently counters what the Israelis say.

But I have also seen non-Arabs, most especially from the west who shoot down the Israeli propaganda with irrefutable facts on Al-Jazeera.  To mention but a few, was the President of the UN General Assembly though the General Assembly is overpowered by the UN Security Council when it comes to voting power.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2009 07:01 AM »

hey lucid,

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The Hour [the Day of Judgement] will not begin until the Muslims fight the Jews and kill them. A Jew will hide behind a rock or a tree, and the rock or tree will say, 'O Muslim, O slave of Allaah! There is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!' – except for the gharqad (box thorn), for it is one of the trees of the Jews." (Reported by Muslim, 2922).

Ok it's things like this, these type comments that make non Muslims think of Islam as a violent religion and newer Muslims wonder where is the Peace Islam speaks of.
Is the Above a Quran verse?  If we say Allah is most compassionate, most merciful and talk about Islam and peace and yet comments like the above is made, does that make a Muslim any better than the Jews killing Muslims?
Where are the verses where someone treated the Prophet badly and he remained kind to them, or the verses that say other things of peace, I'll tell you, sometimes I just don't get it, can any of you explain it to me?
Personally I'm so fed up with the whole thing it sickens me all the hate. I wish the whole world would get together and tell Israel and Palestine ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and they better both tow the line or else.
One side sends rockets, the other retaliates, and then the other side returns fire and over and over and over again.
I think they should divide the land and build a huge wall between the two and say the first one to start trouble or fire a missile at the other loses their side PERIOD, end of subject.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but the above post makes me ill thinking one complains about the other and wants to do to them what is being done to them. The whole thing just PISSES me off and I am so tired of it.
It's like the whole worlds safety and security rests on some tiny piece of ground.
If one agrees with the other then their whole county should be annihilated?
So basically cause some Muslims are unhappy with Israel and my country which I was born in by Allah's will not mine,a country I can't control then myself, my children and my grandchildren should be annihilated?
How Islamic is that? Why did I become a Muslim anyway? Huh?
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2009 07:05 AM »

By the way, Al Jazeera isn't alone, the right wing Christians and radio was also criticizing through Obama's speech also, I happen along a radio station today and they were playing Obama's speech and tearing it apart like a starving dog chewing a bone. It sicken me and I had to turn it off.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009 07:14 AM »

By the way, Al Jazeera isn't alone, the right wing Christians and radio was also criticizing through Obama's speech also, I happen along a radio station today and they were playing Obama's speech and tearing it apart like a starving dog chewing a bone. It sicken me and I had to turn it off.

Why I thought it was quite a good speech? Sobering, a little hopeful and purposeful and covered all the major points ie old order versus new, economy, terrorists, muslim world etc.

as for the posts before that i think it's just best to ignore ppl who are into prophecies and doom and gloom. it's like if someone came and was like 'don't worry, at the end of the world there will be great war almost everyone will be destroyed, everyone will fight everyone and jesus will come and establish peace1!' ok....... true....but what does that have to do with anything?? and why use that as an argument?? for what?? anyway s Roll Eyes .........
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2009 07:30 AM »

Why I thought it was quite a good speech? Sobering, a little hopeful and purposeful and covered all the major points ie old order versus new, economy, terrorists, muslim world etc.

I thought it was quite a good speech myself, this right winged group of radio hosts were just tearing it all up.
Laughing and snickering at bits and piece. It totally disgusted me, I had to turn it off.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:06 AM »

Salaams,

May be these channels are so over whelmed with having the Zionist representatives that they dont want to turn them away by confronting them on their own. Rather they are just letting them speak and then showing the other side of the picture through pictures/videos or by having some other guest refute the Zionist argument.

I saw the same happening on a local news channel. They were hosting a show in England and I cringed when the host didn't confront the false claims of the articulate Zionist representative, nor did the host ask the Palestinian embassador (who was on the show) to refute him live on the call. Yet when they were done israeli point of view, the host had the Palestinian guy comment who was a subject matter expert and was very convincing in his speech.

Point i'm trying to make is that Zionists obviously give a damn about what Muslim states, let alone muslim tv channels think about them. So they would not care if these channels wont have them. On the other hand these very channels do "need" to have Zionist representatives, to present a balanced program having both sides on, and thats why the host dont confront them

Or may be i'm giving them too much benefit of the doubt.

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:52 AM »

salam

How could Obama have realistically slipped in the Middle East in his inaugeration speech?

I'm still rather surprised he chose to be sworn in using all his names mainly his middle clearly muslim name, I would have thought that every american be they well travelled or of the school of thought who thinks the world begins and ends with their own shores, will know that Hussein is a muslim name, didn't they just kill a guy sporting that name not so long ago, amid much pomp and ceremony?

It's not the words that matter, its what he does next.

Btw, I love the way he clearly loves his wife, the way he danced with his wife articulated more than a thousand words ever could, I hope power doesn't spoil that part of his life at the very least....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2009 10:04 AM »

salam

That quote is utterly out of context Blessed Grandma.

And for the record, Palestine did not break the treaty, Israel did, they started the recent war, they used illegal weaponry phosphorous rockets actually and the Palestinians struck are dying proof, they fired on a UN school, and nobody was hiding in it, it was filled with children and teachers.

The lame excuse that israel use that Hamas was hiding behind women and children are always lies, Palestine is a teeny tiny strip of land, with the most concentrated number of people on it with nowhere to run or hide, you send hi tech missiles into there you will kill women and children.

Hamas responded with their own feeble rockets, which if memory and the media serves correctly showed the devestation on a persons vegetable patch in their back yard, poor fellow will have to re plant all his vegetables this year as them pesky Palestinians blew them up!

What needs to be done is Israel to be disarmed, do you know they are the only country in the middle East allowed to have the famed 'weapons of mass destruction'? And they need to be told to behave or sanctions imposed on them.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UN
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2009 03:27 AM »

hey lucid,

Ok it's things like this, these type comments that make non Muslims think of Islam as a violent religion and newer Muslims wonder where is the Peace Islam speaks of.
Is the Above a Quran verse?  If we say Allah is most compassionate, most merciful and talk about Islam and peace and yet comments like the above is made, does that make a Muslim any better than the Jews killing Muslims?
Where are the verses where someone treated the Prophet badly and he remained kind to them, or the verses that say other things of peace, I'll tell you, sometimes I just don't get it, can any of you explain it to me?
Personally I'm so fed up with the whole thing it sickens me all the hate. I wish the whole world would get together and tell Israel and Palestine ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and they better both tow the line or else.
One side sends rockets, the other retaliates, and then the other side returns fire and over and over and over again.
I think they should divide the land and build a huge wall between the two and say the first one to start trouble or fire a missile at the other loses their side PERIOD, end of subject.
I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but the above post makes me ill thinking one complains about the other and wants to do to them what is being done to them. The whole thing just PISSES me off and I am so tired of it.
It's like the whole worlds safety and security rests on some tiny piece of ground.
If one agrees with the other then their whole county should be annihilated?
So basically cause some Muslims are unhappy with Israel and my country which I was born in by Allah's will not mine,a country I can't control then myself, my children and my grandchildren should be annihilated?
How Islamic is that? Why did I become a Muslim anyway? Huh?

Dear Blessedgrandma,
AssalamuAalaikum

I was disheartened to hear the solution you present. I am myself from conflict area (not from Palestine) and I know what it means to be robbed of wealth, honor, country, everything. Now what you are telling me (drawing an analogy) is that since occupiers has occupied you so lets divide your country between them and you. Is that justice? As I have understood Islam, it stands for infinite justice; Justice for all be it muslim or non-muslim. Islam also gives permission to oppressed people to fight oppression and oppressors.

*{Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter…}* (Al-Baqarah 2:190-191)

Allah forbiddeth you not those who warred not against you on account of religion and drove you not out from your homes, that ye should show them kindness and deal justly with them. Lo! Allah loveth the just dealers. (060.008)
Allah forbiddeth you only those who warred against you on account of religion and have driven you out from your homes and helped to drive you out, that ye make friends of them. Whosoever maketh friends of them - (All) such are wrong-doers. (060.009)

Similarly by your logic since US has occupied Iraq and Afghanistan so lets divide it between the inhabitants of land and occupiers and get people from US to settle there. If you will settle there as a party of occupiers wont you be doing Injustice?

By annihilation of supporters of I meant those who support sending money and arms to kill Muslims. If someone is sending money, collecting donations, sending arms etc. to kill Muslims what does the Justice say regarding such a person?

I pray to Allah that you should not ever see the occupation of your land and honor because indeed (as Quran says) “oppression are worse than slaughter”.

Hope to hear from you again.

Salam
Blessedgrandma
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2009 04:55 AM »

Brother, I have many thoughts and questions going through my mind,
I'd like to think upon all these things before responding.
I sincerely do not mean to offend you or anyone else.
Many are so fed up with decades and centuries of hearing about all this fighting.
While I think upon these things you say here are a few things from my limited understanding.

1) Abraham had Ishmael and Issac correct?
The Israeli people from Issac and thre Arab people from Ishmael.
Jews and Christians feel the land belongs to Israel and the Arabs feel it belongs to the Palistinians.
To me both were Abrahams sons, why not share?

Maybe I am not understanding correctly.

Brother UN, each group feels they are right.
I think the US supports Israel because the Christian bible says the Jews are God's chosen people and
if they go against Israel, they are going against God's people.
I may not agree with my country's policies but if my country being a supporter of Israel
is anihlated, then people who do not agree with this thinking and truly cannot control what it's government does, should we all be anilated with our country?
I don't know if I'm making sense, as I mentioned I really need to reflect on all this.
I just wish they would all get along. But they haven't for thousands of years.
Each group feels so justified.
Each group has an arguement why they are right.
No I do not agree with and find it disgusting how Israel went into Gaza and before that Lebanon.
I don't know why my country doesn't sternly scold and make a major fuss at Israel and tell them
there will be no more help if there is not justice and if the violence doesn't stop.
I'm just a grandma, who loves her family, who loves animals and to garden,
I just want to live in peace and be left alone, But yes, my mind thinks of all the grandma's and grandchildren
in Gaza getting hurt and killed and I too wish they can be left in peace and left alone.
I need to think. I need to pray.
lucid
Bro

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2009 08:02 AM »

hey lucid,

if i was an extremely kindhearted jew who thought israel was acting in a most heinous manner, your words would really shake me up.  i would wonder what is the point?  actually they do hate us, and its not just a land thing.  maybe they just hate us because we're jews?  i mean, dude, you don't threaten to nuke a whole people, unless you want to commit genocide.

so taking this into account, i would have to just silently support the isreali army as they tore throught neighborhoods and blew up schools to behead the Hamas leadership  -- because well, those people. like the poster named UN, think they're the second coming of Hitler.  and dude, i'll WHATEVER it takes to prevent another Hitler from playing the Jews for fools.

coming back to myself -- i have to wonder why people like Mr UN insist on doing these muslimized Hitlet impersonations? 

it just gives isreal a license to blow up schools and kill muslims.  really it does, people like Mr. UN are partially responsible for the deaths of so many palestinians.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2009 09:12 AM »

salam

Blessed Grandma, the Jews believe that the Arab lands are their 'promised lands' they believe they have a god given claim to the lands, their claim doesn't stop just at the part of land they have at the moment, it streteches across all of Palestine (obviously) Saudi Arabia, takes in Iraq and Syria too and pretty much stakes most of the oil rich parts of the middles East, I saw a map once and its pretty devastating.

They also reckon that the land is theirs historically, if we're going to get pedantic, I'd say the Phoenicians have more of a historical right over the land there, any Phoneicians out there want to stake a claim?

By that logic, lets just hope no Vikings turn up on my doorstep claiming my fully paid up and lovingly cared for home  as theirs thro a historical right, or heck the Americas historically belong to Native Americans right?

The Jews reject the heritage of Ishmael and claim that Isaac was the true son of Abraham, they reject blood ties.

Wassalaam

lucid
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2009 10:44 AM »

Blessed Grandma, the Jews believe that the Arab lands are their 'promised lands' they believe they have a god given claim to the lands, their claim doesn't stop just at the part of land they have at the moment, it streteches across all of Palestine (obviously) Saudi Arabia, takes in Iraq and Syria too and pretty much stakes most of the oil rich parts of the middles East, I saw a map once and its pretty devastating.

They also reckon that the land is theirs historically,

The Jews reject the heritage of Ishmael and claim that Isaac was the true son of Abraham, they reject blood ties.

assalamualaikum

that's not true.  most isrealis are very secular -- about 75%.  for most jews its just a sanctuary -- a place where can feel safe.

only the very religious types bring up the promised land stuff.

and yet from a muslim point of view, they do at least some (small) right to the land. they didn't leave there by choice; they were forced out by the romans. gross injustice was done to them; albeit 80 generations ago.

Fozia
Sis

« Reply #17 on: Jan 24, 2009 12:11 PM »

salam

Where do you get your figures from Lucid?

If the Romans forced them off the lands, why are the Palestinians being punished for it?

By that same premise, if saxons/roman/vikings whoever turned up at my doorstep should I just bow out of my home and the roof over my head, because many years ago when the english did nothing more than paint their faces blue and declare war on their neighbour someone was forced off the land on which my house now stands?

I don't buy it.

Israel was set up after the second world war, because the british and Europe didn't want to face the consequences of their actions, if anything, the Europeans should move off the lands they stole within living memory, and move onto a small piece of land hemmed in by a wall, and depend on the mercies of the people they once tried to exterminate, for such things as medical help, schooling, and food.... If it's good enough for the Palestinians (who offered sanctuary) ....

Wassalaam

timbuktu
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2009 05:30 PM »

peace be upon you

The religious Jews do think that the land of Palestine has been given to them, and that they were dispersed because their forefathers disobeyed G-d. The majority are not very religious, but having made it their home, they want to control most of it. Some even go to the extent of including Egypt, the Levant, Iraq, and part of Saudi Arabia up to Madina in the Jewish heritage, and hence Jewish claim.

The claim from the Bible is made through the following two verses:

1. Genesis 26:4

And I will multiply thy seed as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these lands. And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be ...

2. Genesis 22:18

And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed: because thou hast ... and blessed themselves in thy seed have all nations of the earth, ...

The Jewish explanation is that the seed "In Thy Seed" refers to them as descendents of Jacob. Actually this is a promise made to Abraham, and should include all descendents of Abraham.

The book "In Thy Seed" demolishes this claim. My brother Abdul Malik examines the Bible, and proves that the interpretation that G-d gave this land to the Jews is erroneous.

The reason why it is important to refute this unjustified claim is that the Jewish interpretation of the above verses has been accepted by the Christians by default.

I do not think anyone says the Jews do not have a claim. Those who are already there should be a part of whatever dispensation is worked out. The problem is that they have usurped most of the land, and deny Palestinians the right to return to their lands, while Jews from all over the world are encouraged to move to Palestine.
UN
« Reply #19 on: Jan 28, 2009 08:07 AM »

All Isrealis are occupiers whether it be so-called Secularists or so-called Religious. They are from Russia, Europe, etc. and not from the land they claim theirs. How you came to the conclusion that we are expecting any good from these "civilian" occupiers and naturally every occupier will support the army to defend their occupation.

Regarding impersonations; UN as my username is not impersonations as i am not impersonating.

Holding a Muslim responsible for the genocide by Non-Muslims speaks everthing of mental condition of Supporters of Genocide.

Regarding "Jews are chosen people and they have right over Palestine" and "Jews and Arabs have common grandparent so they should share" -by BlessedGradma. Whole earth is of Almight and if Jews are Chosen people then whole earth (including your home and mine too and of everyone) belongs to them why only Palestine. If having common grandparent is enough for sharing then we are all from Adam (a.s) and we all should share Palenstine why only Jews and Arabs.

[Edited by Admin: Refrain from insulting others. If you have a problem with accepting the constitution do not join. Jaz.]
timbuktu
« Reply #20 on: Jan 28, 2009 10:48 AM »

peace be upon you

All Isrealis are occupiers whether it be so-called Secularists or so-called Religious. They are from Russia, Europe, etc. and not from the land they claim theirs. How you came to the conclusion that we are expecting any good from these "civilian" occupiers and naturally every occupier will support the army to defend their occupation.

No, I wouldn't call all Israelis occupiers.

Those who initially occupied the Palstinian lands 1n 1948 are now gone or very old. It is their children and their grandchildren who are now settled in what is called Israel. Also we must remember that many Jews came from non-European lands, particularly Arab lands, leaving behind properties and businesses. They have built their lives there, and their interests should also be taken into account.

There are definitely those who have displaced Palestinians from the Negev, from other Palestinian villages and towns, and from the West Bank in so-called settlements. They are indeed occupiers, but if they are not recent imports, they too have a legitimate claim.

We Muslims are not allowed to be blinded by injustices done to us.
Tabriz
Sis

Reputation Power: 7
Tabriz has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Mar 02, 2009 03:33 AM »

Theree is religious zionism and then there is secular zionism. Onkly difference is one leaves God out of it and still claims justification for the theft of land based on ancient history and the holocaust. When zionisms founder first espoused his idea, the Jewish people were not happy with its ideology. Thanks to Hitler his racist philosophy gained popularity.

You guys ever hear of Fareed Zakaria? Indian born Muslim but naturalized citizen writes for the Newsweek and is loved by the non->uslims because he writes what they want to hear. A lot of "liberal" thinking Muslims today think that to rid the ills amongst the >uslims they have to criticize Muslims even where criticism isn't due. These types also remind me of Malcolm X's example f the House negro mentality vs. Field negro mentality.

I have a Jewish friend who never criticizes Israel even when it commits the most henious of crimes. Other than that he as left as left you can go. He says that ;ews never criticize their own and especially  when it comes to Israel, and those that do aren't liked and are called self-hating Jews. And I think all of us can recall hearing about many ;ews that are hounded by the likes of ADL and Wolfoitz for sself-hating because they are critical of -srael. And mind you these so-called self-hating ;ews aren't questioning the right of -srael to exist but just saying enough is enough and israel is wrong and should move towards peace.

Jewish historian ben ami said that israel is more important than any universal moral values. He's not an exteemist. He's known as main stream and rspected and is often quoted in prestigious newspapers etc and appears regularly on main stream channels. Once discussing the massacre of the palestinian village deir yassin in 1949 I believe he said that yes it happened. Before we used to deny it but the truth should be admitted from a historical point of view. Asked if he was condeming it he said no. It was necessary. A large portion of the palestinians had to be killed and forced out otherwise israel wwould not have survived.

Deir yassin is a very heart wrenching story. Google "deir yassin massaacre and donations" and you will come upon a site run by New York Jews I believe, and there you will find a wealth of information and a request for donations to set up a memorial in israel where deir yassin used to be.

If there are spelling mistakes its because I'm typing from my google phone. I am blocked from this website from my home computer ip addreess. So if you cannot locate the deir yassin website then you can email me at saleemagul@hotmail.com and I will fwd you the link. I will probably not check the site from my phone for a while probably.

[Edited by Admin: Refrain from insulting others. Focus on the discussion not the person. Jazaks. Also, you should not be blocked anymore]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: