// No more troops for Afghanistan: Canada tells Obama
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Live life as if you will live forever, but do ibadah as if you'll die tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No more troops for Afghanistan: Canada tells Obama  (Read 2289 times)
nuh
« on: Jan 22, 2009 08:27 PM »

No more troops for Afghanistan: Canada tells Obama

Toronto (IANS): Canada has reiterated that it is committed to leaving Afghanistan and will not respond to U.S. President Barack Obama's call for more troops.

With the new U.S. President planning to double the number of troops in Afghanistan, Canadian Defence Minister Peter MacKay said on Wednesday that Obama will have to request other North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) allies.

With a majority of Canadians against the Afghan mission, the defence minister said Canada was firm on leaving the insurgency-wracked country by the end of 2011.

The Canadian Parliament has already voted to end the mission by December 2011.

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/holnus/003200901221314.htm
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2009 09:49 PM »

Yeah, lets all just walk away so more things like this can happen

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/01/22/acid.attacks/index.html
Afghan girls maimed by acid vow to go to school

Let's pull out so the Taliban can  come back and make women cower in their homes
afraid to go to school or be seen in the light of day.
Yeah, all that is so very Islamic right?  Roll Eyes

Yeah, and you want people to come to Islam?
I don't mean to be rude but reading yours, UN's and Bobseeds post would make most normal people
run the other way.
And while we're on the subject of such matter, what have you three brothers done today as an act of kindness
to help other Muslims in a non violent manor?
What have you done today that would refect Islam in a light that is pleasing to Allah?
What have you don't today to make change other than harsh feelings,  talking about blood on a mans hands, or anihilation of anyone?
So am I now evil cause I don't agree with you?
Make a difference with love, compassion, mercy, patience and kindness.
Tell you what, I feel my country has no way out of this where everyone is happy,
if we pull out to soon we can cause a bigger mess, if we don't pull out, we can cause a bigger mess.
darned if we do and darned if we don't.
All the posts today about blood on Obamas hands, anihilating people and wiping people off Allahs earth
just totally sicken me.
Like violence and hate ever solved anything Roll Eyes
nuh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2009 10:48 PM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Mankind was but one ummah, but differed (later). Had it not been for a Word that went forth before from thy Lord, their differences would have been settled between them. (10:19)

Dear sister blessedgrandma, I hope you and all the brothers and sisters reading this are in the best of health, iman and are clinging firmly their deen, Insha'Allah.

Let's pull out so the Taliban can  come back and make women cower in their homes
afraid to go to school or be seen in the light of day.
Yeah, all that is so very Islamic right?  Roll Eyes

How many times have you been to Afghanistan?
How many Afghan women have you spoke to who lived under Taliban rule?
Do you know anybody living in Afghanistan currently?
How do you think conditions are for our brothers and sisters under occupation? Better?

So am I now evil cause I don't agree with you?

I don't know you, but if you declare 'La ilaha il Allah' you're my sister and that's good enough for me!
Do you think your evil?

All the posts today about blood on Obamas hands, anihilating people and wiping people off Allahs earth
just totally sicken me.

Like violence and hate ever solved anything.

Invite (mankind) to the Way of your Lord with wisdom and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. (16:125)

I never said anything about 'anihilating people and wiping people off Allahs earth'. Life is precious to me and Allah -- killing and slaughtering innocent people is not an Islamic teaching. Contrary to this, Islam teaches us to honour the human being, regardless of his faith. In the Glorious Qur'an, Allah says, "We have honoured human beings". Therefore, killing innocents and slaughtering them is not of our teachings.

May Allah grant us all Tawfiq.  Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn zbigniew

Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2009 11:12 PM »

Brother Nuh,

No I have never been to Afghanistan, yes I know people there and who have recently come to the US to go to college
(two sisters) who plan to go back to their country after their education in hopes of making a difference.
How do I think conditions are under the occupations? Better?
Yes, quite a bit, Best? no
But prior women were killed, beaten and were not allowed to get an education.
From the stories I have read and heard, the Taliban didn't seem very Islamic at all
in their treatment of woman.

Do I think I'm evil? I think if pushed I have the capability of becoming very evil
(If the safety of myself or my loved ones were in danger)
But, no I don't think I am evil lol

And no it wasn't you who spoke, or posted about wiping Jews off Allahs earth and
speaking of anihilation, it was just yours and other brothers post all in one day, kind of got to me.

Do I like my county being in Afghanistan? NO
Do I want them out? Yes
Do I think them pulling out in a days time will help? NO
My concerns
1) If we pull out of Afghanistan immediately the Taliban may come in and hurt lots of people.

2) If we pulled out of Iraq immediately maybe Iran or some other country may come in and cause Iraq havoc.

In you other post you mention new death tolls, Brother, there was death tolls long before my country got their.
Sadam himself caused many deaths.

I would like to see my country help those governments get on their feet and leave when they are strong enough
to defend themselves and have a solid foundation.

Do you think if my country pulls out tomorrow that Iraq would be safe from civil war?
From Iran?
What other Muslim countries are ready to step in and defend Iraq ans help them back on their feet?
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2009 08:07 AM »

Salam Alaikum

This is a really touching topic. No one knows what the future holds but Allah tala ... Blessedgrandma, I see what you mean when you say there might be a big mess if the troops leave to soon or if they dont leave ... but there was something that I was thinking of today... and no offence to any kind of soldier, from any country, any background, any religion ... but for some reason today I just got this sick feeling about all the horrors caused about soldiers who come in and cause destruction ..who harm innocent women and children...as well as men. I AM NOT SAYING EVERYONE DOES THIS ...BUT for some reason there was this thought that came to that was about how there used to be a saying about when someone came into a country to either try taking over or helping out the nationn ..theyd leave a mess behind ... I am not sure if anyones following or if they can word this better ..

anyways unfortunately there is so much corruption, a lot of these new goverment officials are really the ones who are from previous regimes that brought the country down ... once again not everyone .. but we know /heard of some ...

Its devasting what the world has come to ..and I think ..maybe I am wrong you spoke  about akhirah in another post and how if people see / speak about these signs ..why aren't they trying to get their good deeds in before they die? Allahu Alam ... may Allah tala guide all of us inshaAllah ...

I apologize if I am speaking about things that we are not suppose to discuss, my post can be deleted if that's the case.

Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2009 10:58 AM »

Salaams,

The irony is, every turbuned man with a big beard, long shirt and loose trouser above his ankles is a taliban for most westerners. So if any nut job, drunkered, sick culture driven wacko does something wrong, most of you who know nothing about the region (nah, watching news doesn't count, nor does talking to any occupying soldier!) would blame it on taliban with your eyes shut.

Here is some first hand knowledge: http://www.brasstacks.pk

The allied forces have done many folds more damage to Afganistan than taliban could ever do. Of course I do and would pray for the occupying soldier's hidayah first, and it'll hurt some of you yet if all the pre-requisites would be there (i know they wont be, since it'll require paki govts backing) people like me would do anything to step in Afganistan, hook up with taliban and kill as many soldier of occupying allied forces as we can!

The massacre these butchers america led soldiers inflicted on Afgan men women and children seemed no less than what is being done to palestinians. Google around inshaAllah!

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
timbuktu
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2009 01:48 PM »

peace be upon you

The irony is, every turbuned man with a big beard, long shirt and loose trouser above his ankles is a taliban for most westerners. So if any nut job, drunkered, sick culture driven wacko does something wrong, most of you who know nothing about the region (nah, watching news doesn't count, nor does talking to any occupying soldier!) would blame it on taliban with your eyes shut.

An amplification that may appear off-topic , but is relevant to the quote above:

In the 1970s,a Sikh family murdered their daughter in an honor killing. The British Press, the Indians, everyone, labbelled the killing as done by a Pakistani, and of blamed Islam.

There was a case of Kiranjit Ahluwalia, an Indian Sikh girl mrried to to a British Sikh. SHe killed her husband after ten years of domestic abuse. A film called "Provoked" was made in the UK. THe film is available on youtube, although I do not know for how long. The tags for this video on youtube include: "Islam, Muslims".

lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2009 08:25 PM »

assalamualaikum

i totally agree with obama.

the us under enlightened leadership (obama) needs an increased presence in afghanistan.

the whole world starting with the russians, and including pakistan and america has treated afghanistan like a public toilet for more than 28 years. 

if anybody can accomplish this it will be obama. 
timbuktu
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2009 09:20 AM »

peace be upon you

The forces that call themselves Taliban are actually varied now, ad include criminals.

We have reports from theri strongholds, anf they do seem to be imposing their writ very harshly.

Men are not allowed to shave. Barbers are exempt.

Girls are not allowed to study.

Women cannot go out for work. Recently a widow was killed, accused of immorality. To support her kids, she was working for an NGO in the education sector. When she received a threat she went to a local Mufti, who talked to the local Taliban leaders about her predicament. They said they would provide for the family, but the widow must leave her job and stay home. Her mistake was she refused.

The faces of women on billboards are defaced in a very obnoxious manner. I mean, if they have to deface the billboards, they can do so by applying paint over the entire image of a female.

This is not shariah, but it is what the traditionally established schools teach.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: