Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: 'The adab to look at the creation is to see the Creator behind the creation'- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: End Times  (Read 1311 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Jan 23, 2009 03:41 AM »

I noticed a couple brothers have recently made refer to 'end times' and it got me to thinking
Muslims have 'end times' stories, the Bible has 'end time's stories and this evening
I was doing garden and labyrith research and (oh great I was thinking) Native American cultures have 'end times' stories and predictions. So 'end times' seems to be something in many cultures and religions.
What's the deal with all this end times stuff?
And what does the Quran have to say about being concerned with it?
I would think most people instead of being so hateful (all over the world) would be going out doing good deeds
day after day trying to rack up some points with the Almighty.
nuh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2009 04:01 AM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

So ask the people of the Reminder if you do not know. (21: 7)

I hope all brothers and sisters are in the best of health and emaan Insha'Allah.

In Imam Nawawi's collection of 40 hadith the second hadith says:

Also on the authority of 'Umar (ra) who said:

While we were one day sitting with the Messenger of Allah (saws) there appeared before us a man dressed in extremely white clothes and with very black hair. No traces of journeying were visible on him, and none of us knew him.

He sat down close by the Prophet (saws) rested his knee against his thighs, and said, O Muhammad! Inform me about Islam." Said the Messenger of Allah (saws) "Islam is that you should testify that there is no deity save Allah and that Muhammad is His Messenger, that you should perform salah (ritual prayer), pay the zakah, fast during Ramadan, and perform Hajj (pilgrimage) to the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), if you can find a way to it (or find the means for making the journey to it)." Said he (the man), "You have spoken truly."

We were astonished at his thus questioning him and telling him that he was right, but he went on to say, "Inform me about iman (faith)." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, "It is that you believe in Allah and His angels and His Books and His Messengers and in the Last Day, and in fate (qadar), both in its good and in its evil aspects." He said, "You have spoken truly."

Then he (the man) said, "Inform me about Ihsan." He (the Messenger of Allah) answered, " It is that you should serve Allah as though you could see Him, for though you cannot see Him yet He sees you." He said, "Inform me about the Hour." He (the Messenger of Allah) said, "About that the one questioned knows no more than the questioner." So he said, "Well, inform me about the signs thereof (i.e. of its coming)." Said he, "They are that the slave-girl will give birth to her mistress, that you will see the barefooted ones, the naked, the destitute, the herdsmen of the sheep (competing with each other) in raising lofty buildings." Thereupon the man went off.

I waited a while, and then he (the Messenger of Allah) said, "O 'Umar, do you know who that questioner was?" I replied, "Allah and His Messenger know better." He said, "That was Jibril. He came to teach you your religion.""
(Muslim)

Regarding the signs of the end of time some scholars have said:

When Jibril (as) asks the Prophet (saws), about the Hour (the Day of Judgement), the Prophet (saws) replies that neither he nor Jibril knows the answer. This is an example set by the Prophet (saws) where even someone with vast knowledge like himself does not know everything and admits so.

In addition, the signs of Akhirah mentioned in this hadith are minor signs, as opposed to major ones. We believe in these signs but we should not worry about them too much - we should not worry about when these signs will occur. We should actually be careful as some of these signs are bad deeds and we must steer away from these bad deeds.

Al-Imam Malik was asked forty questions by someone and to most of them he answered "I don't know - Allah knows better". The man was surprised that the great Imam Malik didn't know the answers. Seeing the man surprised, Imam Malik told him that when he goes back to his town, to tell the people that he met and asked al-Imam Malik questions and Imam Malik said he didn't know the answers. Al-Imam Malik didn't want to be accountable for giving wrong answers. Thus, if we are to become an educator or a scholar, we should have the courage to admit what we do not know. We should not give an answer which may contain incorrect information.

May Allah increase us in beneficial knowledge and keep us all steadfast upon His Straight Path till death. And may Allah preserve jannah.org upon what He ta'aala loves. Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn zbigniew
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: