// Brisbane and Abu Dhabi-Muslim scholars?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "I think the danger for people with an absolutist interpretation of scripture is that they are blinded as opposed to guided by the light of God!"- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brisbane and Abu Dhabi-Muslim scholars?  (Read 1325 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jan 24, 2009 03:50 AM »

Salam all,

We are going to have future son in laws from Brisbane(has not converted yet but considering) and Abu Dhabi. They are both considering to convert but my daughters do not want them to convert just to marry them.

Any Muslim scholars around these areas that they can refer to and any books that you would advise they read please?

All of you input is very much appreciated.

We are in Malaysia

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2009 10:15 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum Anon

In respect of Abu Dhabi, I have done some running around and there are a few contacts I can forward on to you.

Either send me a PM here or email me and I can forward the relevant details to you.

Wasalaam
BrKhalid

PS If you don't have any success on the Brisbane side of things, let me know because I may be able to help there as well.

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
peaceman
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
peaceman has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009 07:47 AM »

Salam alaikum wrb,

Prophet Muhammed saw enjoined that the  muslim ummah grow in numbers, and one of the reasons that muslim women are not allowed to mary nonbelieving men, is because of the fear that the children would be raised as nonmuslims. Some scholars even prohibit muslim men to marry nonmuslim women, for this particular reason, i.e. the children not being raised as muslims if they were to get seperated.

As far as accepting Islam, it is just an acknowledgement of the truth. Sometimes people have the wrong conceptions of what Islam is about, that keeps them away from that acknowledgement. It is encumbant that these men learn the truth about Islam and remove the wrong conceptions and ideas. One has to be kind and humble, and follow the wisdom of our scholars, and invite people in a good manner; not give the impression that Islam is one's personal bad character and emotions. 

In Abu Dhabi, there are many scholars and places where people learn the the recitation of the Quran, and it is indeed a beautiful sounding recitation. You may want to inquire at these places, and I am sure you will find plenty of scholars and books to get them  on their way to becoming knowledgable of the truth.

And Allah knows.

May Allah increase you in knowledge.
Take a look at my site:  http://www.tajwid.info

Also a good site with several mp3 durus of beneficial knowledge from our ulema, fiqh explaining the book "bulgh Maram" , Q&A, http://www.imamfaisal.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: