many people will blame all their problems on the US and especially Obama...that's what the Muslim world does, they can't deal with their own issues or analyze enough to realize all their problems are caused by their own selves. it's a victim mentality and we can't quite get out of it. it's a lot easier to blame it on others.
You do us injustice here, jannah.
Sure we have problems. I suggest you read something about what the US has done in the Central and South American countries, not once but many times.
For a start, I suggest you read some:
I - from and about John Perkins
1. New Confessions and Revelations from the World of Economic Hit Men, John Perkins, 2007-03-15.
2. Confessions of an Economic Hitman(Video interview of author, John Perkins [Kinetic Reaction])
3. John Perkins talks about his book with NOW's David Brancaccio (video), 2005-03-04.
4. Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions, Interview with Amy Goodman, Democracy Now!, 2004-11-09.
5. In hock to Uncle Sam, The Guardian, Nick Lezard, 2006-02-10.
6. Recipe for empire, New Statesman, March 6, 2006, Paul Kingsnorth
7. The sinister side of U.S. biz; Confessions of an Economic Hit Man by John Perkins, The Capital Times (Madison, Wisconsin), July 29, 2005, By Judie Kleinmaier
7. Incapable catharsis, The Weekend Australian, February 18, 2006, Matthew Bright
8. Undermining poor nations in the name of profit, The Boston Globe, February 08, 2006, by Michael Langan
9. Conscience, confession from an agent of greed, The Seattle Times, January 22, 2006, Steve Weinberg
10. A hit man repents, The Guardian, 2006-01-28.
11. "John , CPerkins, author Confessions of an Economic Hit Man", Financial Sense Newshour with Jim Puplava, Financial Sense. Retrieved on 9 Jan 09.
12. "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man: How the U.S. Uses Globalization to Cheat Poor Countries Out of Trillions", Democracy Now: The war and peace report (9 Nov 04). Retrieved on 9 Jan 09.
13. Tkacik, Maureen, "The True Confessions of an Economic Hit Man," Boston Magazine, July 2005.
II - and by William Blum, like :
• 1986: The CIA: A Forgotten History (Zed Books) ISBN 0-86232-480-7
• 2000: Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower (Common Courage Press) ISBN 1-56751-194-5
• 2002: West-Bloc Dissident: A Cold War Memoir (Soft Skull Press) ISBN 1-56751-306-9
• 2003: Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II, revised edition (Common Courage Press) ISBN 1-56751-252-6
• 2004: Freeing the World to Death: Essays on the American Empire (Common Courage Press)
If this is a large list, just read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman
" and "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions Since World War II
sure the US has its own problems and wrongs, but so does every other country in the world. the US also has many advantageous and good things over many other countries.
As you have mentioned elsewhere, the thread has to do with the relationship of US and Muslims outside the US of A. What advantages you have within the US is good for you, we say. What the US is doing to the rest of us, is what is disturbing.
i find the title of this thread very interesting "to hell with obama"... ?? why didn't anyone write "to hell with bush" at one time? why do you expect a president of the united states to do something not in the interest of it's own country?
To hell with Bush was expressed many a times, not in those words, but far more strongly. As for our expectations about the doings of President of the US, if you think killing innocent civilians in the third world is what the US electorate has given him a mandate for, that is sickening. If you think that this is what will further the interests of the US, then let me assure you, it will be proved wrong, in due course, just as Bush was proved wrong.
and it's also the same type of behavior from muslims -- someone doing not what they want so they just condemn them and that's it.
Mr Obama promised a new approach to the Muslims of the world, not just to the Muslims within the US. By continuing to bomb innocent civilians, he has not provided an insight into his new approach.
no political involvement, no trying to get muslims into the fields of journalism, politics, local gov't , thinktanks. no logical, thought out criticism... article Obama's first days an analysis for muslims...just reactionary arm-chair behavior.
And what political involvement do non-resident non-citizens of the US have with the President of the US. He is the Commander in Chief of the US forces, and they are killing Muslims, and you expect us to keep quiet.
Wa ma alaena illal balaghul mubeen