// History does not repeat itself. People repeat history
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: I wonder where Bart is, his dinner's getting all cold... and eaten. - Homer
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History does not repeat itself. People repeat history  (Read 4818 times)
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #25 on: Jan 29, 2009 07:54 AM »

as for the "US is killing us and it's our right to speak out"... who is killing who? any injustice or killing any country does is nothing compared to what muslims do to themselves. again we have the blame reaching outward... it's the kaffirs who did this to us...they are the ones that are evil in this world...we are the innocent victims... it's this obl/bush view of the world "us versus them". "if you're not with us, you're against us." this is not right, it's not reality and it isn't islam.

who gassed and killed, and oppressed millions of his own people before the world believing it was doing them a favor intervened. if he had been stopped before do you think they would have had world support to do that? which two countries killed millions of people over a fight for land? who supported the taliban and their oppressive practices, who supported the US invasion. who supports the state of israel for that matter and does _absolutely nothing_ while they are being butchered. which countries don't even question their practice of torture and eliminating dissidents. how much are you going to blame the united states for before you realize the muslim world is fully complicit in these evils.

isn't jannah cool?!

but jannah:  you deleted my funny remarks about UN.  oh well....sad....  Cheesy
timbuktu
« Reply #26 on: Jan 29, 2009 09:59 AM »

peace be upon you

jannah, if and when you take the trouble to read the two books I have recommended, we may continue the discussion.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #27 on: Jan 29, 2009 10:57 AM »

Assalam Alaikum

BlessedGrandma: Please relax : ). I would never want american people to suffer at the hands of poverty ever, because we've got nothing against them. I would, however, wish that govt. of usa takes economic hits to such an extent that they move out of muslim lands which they entered for getting oil and other natural resources and to strategically place themselves in such geographical regions which are weak and from where they can control other emerging powers like china.

As for your comment regarding muslims not trying to correct themselves... I'd like to humbly but strongly disagree. We "breathe" against mistakes of our people and governments. Did you ever watch any news channel of muslim countries or pakistan? All they do is point out to muslim govts mistakes, so much so that here certain channels got banned for speaking against last govt. and then different groups and common people came out on streets to get that ban lifted.

Do we care for our neighbors, help the poor and try to correct other countries? Yes, "by all means", and these means could be scarce but we do whatever we can, friends and I have been running this group that i call an enginerds charity organization, its been running for so many years and we've been and still are helping widows, orphans, old aged peoples etc. Have you heard of EDHI and other loads of muslim organizations that have super huge networks? Do you have details of delegate that Pakistan and Saudi sent to Taliban to make them understand that not handing over Osama is not a sane thing to do? Do you know few decades back pakistani army went to Saudi to free Kaaba from a separatist group? Do you know what huge backlash pak army got at the hands of public when they committed unimaginable crimes against our bengali bretheren?

No, you can not have all these and many other details, in the same way I not living in usa can't fully understand your situation. So yeah, we have our issues but we do try to resolve them by any means we have available. We are oppressed by our own governments who work with terrorists like govt of usa to make us suffer more. And thats why we cry out loud against your govt. as well.

I dont mind you calling me down right foolish, because i am ; ) - But please read those sources that uncle timbuktu pointed to, there is more to political situation of the world since world war 2 than we can imagine.

You say sickos of your country go to jail? Well a plethora dont, because they commit crimes not within but outside usa, and they are untouchables. Personally I care less of what usa is doing because those who i follow (TJ and likes) concentrate more on correcting muslims first and foremost.

Wasalam,
-Young Punk : )

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #28 on: Jan 29, 2009 11:13 AM »

peace be upon you

jannah, if and when you take the trouble to read the two books I have recommended, we may continue the discussion.

I don't think so brother timbuktu. You're not understanding the point I'm making so it's pretty much pointless. In fact this whole discussion is pretty pointless.

Imagine a person standing somewhere and someone comes and shoots them. What do you see? That an innocent person was killed. But do they see that the person was an axe murderer or the twenty people surrounding the person about to kill him too or the history of the person and their actions that made it possible. that of the people that supported the killing. Or that of the person who sent the killer and the history of that person.

Anyway, the only thing you can see is that the US is evil. The world is just not that simple. And surprise, surprise, good and bad and evil and right and wrong is not that simple.

hard2hit I suggest you read the article I posted in the finance forum where it was quite clear that economic downfall of the "west" means misery tenfold for muslims.

timbuktu
« Reply #29 on: Jan 29, 2009 11:22 AM »

peace be upon you

I will repeat jannah, read just the two books, and then let us talk.

And if you think that Muslims like us do not complain about injustices and crimes committed by Muslims, you have another think coming. You have not been in situations that we have been, and you do not know what we have done or not done.

Children are being killed through attacks by smart weaponary. How smart is a weapon that maimes and kills children.

Just see this that the US government did in Afghanistan:

made in America
lucid
Bro

lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2009 11:43 AM »

assalamualaikum

hey guys,

lets discuss something more interesting.

who do you think is going to win the superbowl?

i so hope the cardnals win.  i am a bit kurt warner fan from the days he was a ram.

btw: my niece peed on my pillow.  dear me, what am going to do now? everybody here already thinks i have the #2 stuff for brains, now they'll think its the #1 stuff as well. 
Hard2Hit
Bro

Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2009 11:58 AM »

Salaams,

There was this mastoorat jamaat at our place few days back, two couples were from South Africa and two from Niger. So one night I was sleeping and the nigerian brother got up and asked me: I need to go for "numba vhun", and I was like: he's gonna go for a sleep walk or something. Then to put me out of my misery he said I need to go urinate.

Nigerians are funny people, but they should take care of their numba vhun themselves.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2009 05:49 PM »

Anyway, the only thing you can see is that the US is evil.

Not the US. The US government. Just like the British government, the Israeli government, the Egyptian government etc.

Anyway, I think people all over the world (especially Muslims) had impossibly high expectations of Obama and are now feeling let down because he didn't live up to them. At the end of the day it's not just him in charge, it's his whole party. The Democratic Party. Clinton's party. They're all there, it's just the man in the front who's different. So don't expect too much of a change.

hey guys,

lets discuss something more interesting.

i so hope the cardnals win.  i am a bit kurt warner fan from the days he was a ram.

btw: my niece peed on my pillow.  dear me, what am going to do now? everybody here already thinks i have the #2 stuff for brains, now they'll think its the #1 stuff as well.

Lucid, you are too funny  Cheesy  ....but I have no clue as to what the superbowl is   fez

Wassalam,

a_desert_rose
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2009 03:25 AM »

ets discuss something more interesting.

that was an incredible awesome so exciting game with a Sad result
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: