Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 17, 2014 01:47 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: This is the winter of our dawah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Miss World Finalist Succumbs After Amputations  (Read 1827 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 26, 2009 10:04 AM »

This is such a sad sad story. And from a UTI infection!!! goes back to the discussion in our sisters-only area. We really need to be careful about these things... -J.
===========================

Miss World Finalist Succumbs After Amputations

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil — One month ago, 20-year-old beauty queen Mariana Bridi was living the dream of many young Brazilian women, trading her striking good looks for a modeling career that promised to lift her family out of poverty.

Then she contracted a seemingly ordinary urinary tract infection. The bacteria spread quickly and inexorably through her body, proving to be extremely drug resistant. In a desperate bid to save her life, doctors amputated her hands and feet. But by Saturday she was dead.

"God is comforting our hearts because he wanted her to be with him now," her father Agnaldo Costa told reporters outside the hospital where his daughter died. "I can't accept that my daughter left us so soon."

Bridi's Web site says she began modeling at age 14 with the hope of giving "a dignified life to her parents."

Her father is a taxi driver and her mother a house cleaner.

By the age of 18, she was well on her way: In 2007 and 2008, she was a finalist in the Brazilian stage of the Miss World pageant.

Her Web site said next month she was to participate in the second stage of a modeling competition held in Sao Paulo by Dilson Stein, the Brazilian model scout who discovered supermodel Gisele Bundchen.

Last year, she took fourth in the Face of the Universe competition in South Africa and she had won bikini competitions across the globe.

Rest of story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/01/24/mariana-bridi-dies-miss-w_n_160551.html
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2009 08:51 AM »

salam, sis
oh my I had no idea these infections cld be soo dangerous and deadly, I already have a phobia for microbes and now there is no name for wat I feel for them Shocked, may Allah continue to protect us amin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: