// A Sin that Leads to Jannah
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “I have often reflected upon the new vistas that reading opened to me. I knew right there in prison that reading had changed forever the course of my life. As I see it today, the ability to read awoke in me some long dormant craving to be mentally alive.” Malcolm X quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Sin that Leads to Jannah  (Read 2739 times)
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« on: Jan 26, 2009 03:10 PM »

A Sin that Leads to Jannah

Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimahullah) said:

"Sin may be more beneficial for a person, if it leads him to repent, than doing a lot of acts of worship. This is what is meant by the words of one of the salaf:
'A person may commit a sin and enter Paradise because of it, or he may do an act of worship and enter Hell because of it..'

They said: 'How is that?'

He said: 'He may commit a sin and continues to think about it, and when he stands or sits or walks he remembers his sin, so he feels ashamed and repents and seeks forgiveness and regrets it, so that will be the means of his salvation.

And he may do a good deed and continue to think about it, and when he stands or sits or walks he remembers it and it fills him with self-admiration and pride, so it is the cause of his doom.

So the sin may be the factor that leads him to do acts of worship and good deeds and to change his attitude so that he fears Allah and feels shy before Him and feels humiliated before Him, hanging his head in shame and weeping with regret, seeking he forgiveness of his Lord. Each of these effects is better for a person than an act of worship that makes him feel proud and show off and look down on people. Undoubtedly this sin is better before Allah and is more likely to bring salvation than one who admires himself and looks down on others, and who thinks that he is doing Allah a favour. Even if he says words that indicate something other than that, Allah is the Witness over what is in his heart. Such a person may feel hatred towards people if they do not hold him in high esteem and humiliate themselves before him. If he were to examine himself honestly, he would see that clearly."

-Madarij as-Salikeen, 1/299

NB. This is just a saying from the salaf that makes sense. It is NOT a hadeeth of the prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wassallam.

Na'uudhubillaah minal kibr..ie .May Allaah save us from pride inshaa Allaah Aameen

Dr Benil Hafeeq K.P
Consultant Nephrologist
MIMS and IQRAA Hospital
Calicut

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2009 01:56 PM »

salam,
thnx for that wonderful reminder and its so true
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009 08:15 AM »

assalamualaikum

i think the article is a bit misleading.

if sin led to jannah, less sincere people would do uncool stuff, do even more uncool stuff,...., and then rationalize it by saying "i am waiting for an epiphany to understand how to fix my life..." and continue doing uncool stuff.

don't laugh, that's how most people actually think (i believe)

rather, we should say instead

if you dig deep enough, you will find at least some good in everything that Allah allows or does.  doing uncool stuff is well very uncool.  but, Allah never abandons people and always provides them a way out.

the only beneficial thing about being a mr idiot is:  for holier than thou folks -- you lose you false pride because you realize that even a mr pious like you can be made to do even the dodgiest of things if you lose your protection from allah.  righteousness is a gift, not something earned... that way you learn to respect even supposed dodgy folks and have empathy for them.

and although i intentionally never quote hadith and ayaat here in general...since this is from the most beautiful of stories, i will

"every soul is inclined toward evil, except by the mercy of God, and God is the most merciful, most forgiving...." surah yusof, verse 53.
hajra
الَسَـــــــلاَمُ عَلَيــْــكُم وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكـَـاتُه
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
hajra has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2009 02:59 PM »

Assalamalikum..

Quote from lucid
i think the article is a bit misleading.

if sin led to jannah, less sincere people would do uncool stuff, do even more uncool stuff,...., and then rationalize it by saying "i am waiting for an epiphany to understand how to fix my life..." and continue doing uncool stuff.

don't laugh, that's how most people actually think (i believe)

The article above says
"Sin may be more beneficial for a person, if it leads him to repent, than doing a lot of acts of worship. This is what is meant by the words of one of the salaf:
'A person may commit a sin and enter Paradise because of it, or he may do an act of worship and enter Hell because of it..'

its not misleading.The author here is saying that if the sin makes a person to repent , the person ask forgiveness from ALLAH and basically wont try to repeat it.

And that trying not to repeat it will save him from committing sins and that would be really good for him in the sight of his God ALLAH...

Narrated AbuHurayrah:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to say: "O Allah, I seek refuge in Thee from four things: Knowledge which does not profit, a heart which is not submissive, a soul which has an insatiable appetite, and a supplication which is not heard."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: