// Can I smoke weed?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Delusions, like dreams, are dispelled by our awaking to the stern realities of life. - A. R. C. Dallas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I smoke weed?  (Read 5108 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jan 29, 2009 04:45 AM »

Hi
Just curious. Does Islam permits smoking weed? What is the perception towards it especially that now a days, weed is being legalised in many parts of the world on medical grounds.
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009 07:42 AM »

I think for medicinal purposes it could be allowed but not for "recreational purposes" if you know what i mean Smiley and Allah knows best.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009 11:10 AM »

Salaams,

I dont know about weed but i'd sure like Cigar to be made halal for like an hour or so. These days i've been feeling these urges to smoke one, because for some reason that image or Arnold Shalwarnicker smoking cigar in Predator-1 never got out of my head, i want to feel that type of machoism.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009 03:15 AM »

No
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2009 03:34 AM »

Is there mentioned in the Koran that smoking weed is illegal? What I understand, weed has been around for centuries. Apart from smoking, should it be mixed in food, is it permissible to consume?
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2009 06:53 AM »

Anything that intoxicates is not allowed. Smoking weed changes your perception of reality just like alcohol does.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2009 09:38 AM »

salam

Why do you want to smoke weed?

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2009 09:52 PM »

Peace be on the followers of guidance,

All praise be to God.

Thank you for your question.  All drugs that cause intoxication are forbidden in Islam.

The reason for that is that in Islam, the intellect is to be preserved and protected, and this is why alcohol and all drugs are forbidden by Allah, since it causes one to do things that one would not do normally due to the veiling of the intellect, hulluciantions, intoxication, etc.

The Prophet Muhammad said, pbuh, "Whatever harms the intellect is (like) alcohol, ie. forbidden."

He also said, "Whatever intoxicates in large quantities is forbidden is small quantities."

There reason for this, is that a little is never enough, and a little will lead to more.

And Allah knows best.
Anonymous
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2009 03:29 PM »

As-salaamu alaykum,

It's interesting how the word "khamr" comes from a word in Arabic that literally means something that covers.
Like the khimaar a woman wears to cover her head & upper part of her body.
Like when the Prophet (s) said to cover your (uncovered) vessels (khammiru...).
Like the khamr that covers the intellect...
Anonymous
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2009 07:57 PM »

It's your life, when does someone need to ask if they can do something. If you know it's wrong they you have your answer.
Anonymous
« Reply #10 on: Jun 12, 2009 10:55 PM »

I just read this post. Cigar guy made me laugh
Anonymous
« Reply #11 on: Jun 21, 2009 11:50 PM »

Asalamualaikum wrt wb,

All praise be to Allah, and peace be upon His Prophet.

The noble scholars Ibn Taymiyya, Ibn Qayyim, and Ibn Hajr declared that opium, hashish, and similar drugs have the same ruling as alcohol, and that the prescribed punishment for drinking alcohol, 80 lashes, also applies to the one who smokes the above drugs. 

And Allah knows best.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: