Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guantanamo judge refuses to suspend trial  (Read 928 times)
nuh
« on: Jan 29, 2009 10:40 PM »

Guantanamo judge refuses to suspend trial
Steven Edwards, Canwest News Service
Thursday, January 29, 2009

NEW YORK - A military judge stunned prosecutors and defence attorneys Thursday by rejecting President Barack Obama's bid to suspend all Guantanamo Bay court proceedings for 120 days - calling the government's argument "unpersuasive."

Army Col. James Pohl ruled as judge in the prosecution of a Saudi terror suspect in the October 2000 attack on the USS Cole warship, which left 17 U.S. servicemen dead and more than 50 injured. But his decision immediately raised questions as to whether other cases could be affected - including that of Canadian-born Omar Khadr.

At the very least, the ruling put a kink in the new administration's bid to buy time to review the cases of the 21 terror suspects currently charged among the 245 remaining detainees at the U.S. naval base in Cuba.

(more)

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=1231840
nuh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009 10:48 PM »

As salaam alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

I hope all believing brothers and sisters are in the best of health and emaan Insha'Allah.

I have a very hard time believing that the 'commander and chief' didn't know this was going to happen. If he did -- then Obama is a liar that hides behind what yankees call 'process' in order to manipulate political optics.

And hold fast to Allah’s rope all together, and do not be divided. (3:103)

May Allah grant us all Tawfiq.  Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
nuh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009 03:12 AM »

And hold fast to Allah’s rope all together, and do not be divided. (3:103)

Spare me the lecture. I have my own commission and lived it myself and a naval officer in the Canadian Forces -- your point of view as a us military wife is a relevant to me as my opinion is of your 'commander and chief' is to you.

Seems like Obama quite a champion of ummah division if you ask me...

But your not.

nuh

ps. where did you get your understanding of the relationship between the executive branch of government and the judicial branch of dod. You have no idea about what your talking about!
nuh
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009 03:24 AM »

And fear Allah. Verily, Allah is Severe in punishment. (5:2)

I am really a very gentle and happy go lucky little fellow. I am thankful... never mind I'm wasting my time.

Save your empty words, I don't think you mean them.

May Allah grant us all Tawfiq.  Ameen.
Ma'as salaama,
nuh ibn
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2009 06:39 PM »

Salaam Allaikum Bro Nuh, you may want to delete your last two messages as it looks like you're talking to yourself.
I deleted mine, cause I don't wish to agrue anymore, we have two different ideas of things and I have only one
last thing to say to you and then I am purposely going to avoid your posts so as not to get into the mess this
post use to be in.

You should ask Sister Jannah what her purpose for this web site was and is and then think of how you're helping
or hindering that by the words you type.
And as you post think and make a small prayer, think this my brother,
"How is islam relfected by what I have to say? What light does it show Islam in, to non Muslims?"

And this is all I have to say anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: