Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 17, 2014 05:09 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: What's in a name? That which we call a zahra. By any other name would smell as shariah.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone else hooked on facebook?  (Read 14916 times)
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #50 on: Feb 11, 2009 08:29 AM »

I love the way this thread went from lighthearted to 'somebody think of the chirrun!' in the span of four pages Smiley

FB has its downside but like JustOne said, there are worse networking sites out there.  I like FB because it's a nice way to keep up with friends.  I only have a select group of friends so it's easy for me to keep up.  I think it can become a time vacuum if you constantly check it - like I do! - and the pix thing is a definitely an issue if ppl aren't careful/post dubious pix.

anyways, I like the idea of a madinat presence on fb.  I think that wud be cool [/small voice]  but then we wud see what we all get up to in our lives  Shocked

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #51 on: Feb 16, 2009 11:24 PM »

Assalam Alaikum,
I luv facebook and i check it everyday. it's a great way for me to keep in touch w/my family and friends in stl.

a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #52 on: Mar 02, 2009 09:58 PM »

Came across this blogpost today - it links back to what we were discussing in the 'judging' thread:

Facebook Girls

Work has just swamped me recently. Two days ago I returned home at midnight! And it has been like that for a couple of weeks now. My wife will go “Oh yes it’s you. I suppose you want food.”

So with all this time at work busy on our new project, I have been spending a lot more time on facebook while I am waiting for other people to catch up on their parts of the project (naturally I, being Haleem, work faster duh). In all this facebook time, I noticed something a little … mystifying.

What’s with girls referring to each other on facebook as slutz and whorez? Yes, they have a ‘z’ at the end too.

I see some girl post a somewhat hot looking picture and almost immediately (what, are girls online 24/7 now?) another of her friends will comment. The conversation will flow like this:
girl friend: nice legs! You are such a sl*t!♥ ♥ ♥
original girl: hehe. thanks hon! muah! muah! you are such a who*e too! ♥ ♥ ♥
girl friend: I want some s*xy time with you! lol.

Since where did whore and slut become good things? And the most nauseating thing is sometimes these girls are hijabis. I don’t know about you, but when I think of hijabis the image I get is holy - like nuns. Somehow I just can’t think of a nun refering to her fellow sister as a whore.

And can you ever imagine a guy addressing his mate as “oh you are such a gigolo”?

I have also noticed girls tend to praise each other a lot compared to guys. So Mona and I are meeting another couple for dinner.
Mona (to the other wife): That’s a nice purse.
Other wife: Thanks! I like your new hairstyle!
Mona: Thanks!
Me: Er, what new hair style .. ouch!

Meanwhile, we husbands will look at each other and go “Hey!” … followed by a pause … and then “let’s order! I am hungry.” “Me too!”

No wonder women talk more than men. And they wonder why we don’t listen!

http://captainchaos.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/facebook-girls/  Interesting comments too..
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #53 on: Mar 03, 2009 06:17 PM »

FACEBOOK UNDER ATTACK

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?c=Article_C&cid=1235628830114&pagename=Zone-English-News/NWELayout
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #54 on: Mar 03, 2009 10:23 PM »

salam

Do girls really refer to eachother like that Shocked

I can well see how a one woman would notice a haircut or new outfit/shoes/accessories, but that's because we like to recommend good hairdressers/shops to eachother, and tlka aobut great bargains etc.

What do men talk about do you suppose? Undecided

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #55 on: Mar 04, 2009 11:44 AM »

umm... i don't know about men, and frankly don't care to know about their social health, because it just seems so much easier for them

but... women! dang... we judge! (See there i go judging women on judging)

my brother can have a fistfight with one of his friends, and then head off to eat lunch with him right afterwards  -- whereas women can just exchange a glance which will catapult to battleground
a_desert_rose
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #56 on: Mar 04, 2009 11:15 PM »

Do girls really refer to eachother like that

Yes they do, and from what I can make out, they're quite proud of themselves..

What do men talk about do you suppose?

My brother was complaining the other day about his workgroup at uni - apparently there are two girls who are both engaged and are constantly chatting about wedding dresses, cakes, colour schemes with the other girls in the group. Apparently there's only one other guy in the group that can offer rational conversation.

"So what do you guys chat about?" I ask. "Umm..well..y'know..cars and that"  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: