Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The perfect Islamic Community Sisters Groups  (Read 3035 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Dec 20, 2008 11:13 PM »

This is kind of a branch off of Jannah thread about the perfect Mosque for women.
What are the kinds of activities, social, religious and charitable things, groups, etc you'd like to see in
your local Islamic community and would you have time to contribute, organize and help in such activities?
Cause we can desire and want what we want, but unless we are willing to take time to make is so Huh?
It can't happen and most say they have to busy a schedule.
I think it's wonderful how Sr. Kathy does the library thing at her Mosque and helps with clothing for the
needy and new reverts.
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2008 04:37 PM »

32 views and no responses, is that cause this is a dumb question?
Please remember, I don't have a Mosque near me and didn't where I use to live
so I've no Islamic Center nor community to go by and know what goes on.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2008 02:58 AM »

Sorry blessedgrandma (such a mouthful to type every time!!) trying to work on too many projects at once!

I don't know of any muslim women's groups except one in this area! As far as I know they sponsored a few things like a women's dinner in the inner city mosque, a food/clothing drive, a self-defense course for muslim girls, donating to a few poorer families, a literacy volunteer thing... stuff like that..

ws
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: