// Wall Street Wags feel the squeeze
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Responsibility: The Prophet said: 'Each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Street Wags feel the squeeze  (Read 970 times)
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« on: Feb 02, 2009 07:25 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum  bro

Do these people actually live in the world we do?

Wall Street Wags feel the squeeze

FEW Americans are in the mood to feel sorry for struggling bankers - but spare a thought for the mortifying plight of the bankers’ wives and girlfriends. The Wags of Wall Street have not only lost their private yoga trainers, they are having to learn how to cook.

“Cooking pasta sauce on the weekends isn’t my idea of a good time,” complains the wife of a humbled New York financier who can no longer afford to squire her around Manhattan’s fanciest restaurants.

“He wants us to move to the suburbs!” whines the girlfriend of a newly impoverished hedge fund tycoon. “My Louis Vuitton shoes won’t last long in the suburbs.”

The economic crisis appears to have struck a terrible blow at what one New York lawyer has described as the “high-end girlfriend” industry.

The beautiful young women who flock to New York in search of love and money - preferably lots of the latter - are suddenly finding that being a mistress to a master of the universe no longer comes with a monthly clothes allowance and weekend breaks in Bermuda.

Even the sex has taken a turn for the worse, according to a series of jaw-dropping accounts posted on a new website run by one of the more improbable support groups to emerge from the global recession - Dating a Banker Anonymous (Daba).

The brainchild of a pair of Wall Street Wags “whose relationships tanked with the economy”, the Daba site has become a riotous forum for distressed wives and girlfriends to let off steam about their banker husbands and boyfriends - and for the rest of America to seethe at the pouting self-ab-sorption of a pack of overprivileged hedge fund princesses.

“Not knowing what else to do, we did what frustrated but articulate girls have done since the beginning of time,” explained Megan Petrus and Laney Crowell, the site’s 27-year-old founders. “We started a blog.”

Not everyone has been thrilled by the self-pitying tales of cancelled manicures and half-price cocktails. “Hundreds of thousands of your fellow Americans are losing their jobs, and you’re making a joke about it,” complained one visitor.

Cathy, a fortysomething banker’s wife, said her husband’s bonus had been slashed by 75%. “My private credit card is cut, I’m having my facials and massages once every six weeks instead of monthly and I’ll be doing my Pilates with others, in class, instead of with my private instructor . . . private was so much less humiliating.”

A recent survey cited by Details magazine calculated that 80% of multi-millionaires planned to cut back on gifts and allowances for extra-marital lovers. A woman called Courtney complained that her lover had not taken her to Bermuda since September. He told her: “Honey, finances are tight right now so my wife has taken it upon herself to check up on all our accounts. She will notice any big expenditures.”

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article5627501.ece

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: